Not a good feeling....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Not a good feeling....

Post by abcollector »

:cry: Went to prime 145 freshly trimmed & flared .357 Magnums only to get that sicken feeling when I didn't find any Small Pistol Magnum primes. :cry: Now I either do without, shoot up the rest of my measly supply of factory ammo or break the piggy bank and empty the bank account and purchase some of the limited supply from one of the auction sites. :cry: Still trying to figure out how I overlooked this one. :evil:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Not a good feeling....

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'm not sure which brand you use, but Grafs.com has Federal No. 200 (Small Pistol Magnum) in stock currently. Probably not too many available and they are currently only selling by the case. The case of 5000 will set you back $133.99 plus shipping ... which should run about $30 if you're in California. There's a $22.50 HazMat fee in there which is why it's so much for shipping.

If you're looking for CCI, you'll have to hit GunBroker. There's a guy up there selling 5000 for $159 plus $33 shipping. It's a little pricey but he's got two lots of 5000 up there now and you can probably get one for the opening bid amount.

Cabela's has Remington #5-1/2's in stock for about $31 per thousand plus shipping. They have a $20 HazMat add-on charge as well. Not too bad if you buy 5000.

If you need Winchester ... good luck. I haven't seen WSPM for a while.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Graffs has a few Federal SP Mag cases for 133 and shipping is free there (plus hazmat)

http://www.grafs.com/powders/3525
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Gun Runner
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Gun Runner »

I was in my local gun shop sat. and they had Wolf s p primers at $33.00 a thousan. Never used that brand or know of anybody that has.

Gun Runner
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

I forgot that Grafs ships for free ... except for the HazMat charge. Thanks Blaine.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Post by abcollector »

Well boys... thanks for the help but it looks like I'm a day late-n-dollar short! I'll keep my nose to the grind stone though as they have to become available soon. I hope. :evil:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Yeah, it's a very fluid situation. All of that stuff was gone by mid-morning I think.
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Post by abcollector »

Ain't that the truth! I bid on that one from the FL area and the next thing I know is that someone used the "Buy it now" button. Right now I'm not that desperate to go that high but that could change.

I like CCI's but trust me, I'm not picky! :mrgreen:
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

B&S guns in Garland,Tx has a pretty good supply of primers but at $110.00 per thousand they won't get my money.
Ricky

DWWC
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

$110.00 per 1000! Holy smokes, even with free shipping that's robbery. I hope those primers set for a looooonnnnng time.
Old Law Dawg
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

One of the local hardware stores has CCI small pistol primers. They limit you to 400 at a time at 4.95 per 100. Last weekend, Cabelas had some in Olympia for around $33 per 1000. For the last couple of months I have been seeing small pistol and small rifle locally.
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

Last month while up in Utah I found a thousand small mag pistol primers for $35.00
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

Boy am I glad I got a good supply when they were 20$ a 1000 Had my two Brothers go in with me an got enuff powder an primers to last a lifetime if we don't waste them. if no one bought any for a month or two the price would go down. But people want do that
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I remember when the price jumped to $20 a thousand and people were crying the blues...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson