OT - Mexican officers arrested buying guns....in Arizona

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stopper
Levergunner

OT - Mexican officers arrested buying guns....in Arizona

Post by Stopper »

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I read that article on the front page of my ISP.

What a batch of arrogant people. Blatantly drive across the border in official Mexican Police vehicle and waltz into an Arizona gun show to buy guns and ammo.

Let an American try that and they'd never see the light of day again. Yet the Arizona and Federal authorities let these idiots go on bail. They'll never be seen again.
Our government is populated by fools and idiots.

These three should have received the same exact treatment that three U.S. citizens would have received in Mexico.

OK, rant off.

But that just goes to show that local and federal agents are watching over our shoulders at the gun shows.

Joe
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

But Joe - They hadda let them go! If the Mex's got PO.'d, they'll stop our janitors, etc, from coming into work! :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pete,

I appreciate your humor.

Joe
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Lemme tell ya, anytime a foreign national is arrested, there is a LOT of paperwork to do and hoops in which to jump through. You MUST contact the foreign consulate and you MUST allow the arrestee to talk to them. It's a big pain in the butt. :cry:
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

I don't understand that.

I arrested plenty of foreign nationals, both legal and illegal and I never had to fill out one more document or do anything different from anybody else I arrested. I don't get it.

I sure as hell never contacted a consulate.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Must have been a new regulation after you got out of LE. We got cards from the feds that stipulate what needed to be done when a foreign national was arrested. If I am ignorant as to what the current law says, please let me know.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

"I don't gots to show you no stinkin' badges!"

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

The article states that Mexico wants the US to cut off the flow of illegal guns and ammunition. Hmmm..... Why don't they do something about cutting off the flow of illegal aliens, drugs and such :?: :?: :?:

The way I see it, we need to step up the flow of weapons and ammo south of the border. It's time for another Revolución. The Distrito Federal has gotten too cocky and needs fresh blood - one way or another... If they would change their country, cut out the corruption and build a place for themselves, they'd not HAVE to head north for jobs.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

AmBraCol ... that's hitting the nail on the head. Glad you said it. If I had tried, I'd have hit my thumb while swinging for the nail ... as usual.
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

don Tomás wrote:"I don't gots to show you no stinkin' badges!"

The guy who played the bandit chief was perfect for the role. What a great movie. "Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" right?
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Junior wrote:
don Tomás wrote:"I don't gots to show you no stinkin' badges!"

The guy who played the bandit chief was perfect for the role. What a great movie. "Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" right?
Si. The actor is Alfonso Bedoya.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Anyone posting odds on these 3 returning for their hearing? Two posted $2k in bail and the other was release on his "own recognizance". Now the evil "gun show loophole" has to be closed because of illegal Mexican buyers. Can't wait for that media push. :shock:
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

jengel wrote:Lemme tell ya, anytime a foreign national is arrested, there is a LOT of paperwork to do and hoops in which to jump through. You MUST contact the foreign consulate and you MUST allow the arrestee to talk to them. It's a big pain in the butt. :cry:
Thats why we're in the mess we are in in this country. They way it ought to be is they get to call a lawyer just like anybody else & his counselor can contact who he wants.