Humor Question - who watches movies with their guns?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Humor Question - who watches movies with their guns?

Post by AJMD429 »

Ever since as a teenager, when we put "Outlaw Josie Wales" on "hold" while three of us went and grabbed out cap & ball pistols, then returned and settled down to watch the rest of the movie, I've noticed a tendency to watch 'gun' movies with a similar-style firearm just happening to be in the room. :oops:

For "Dirty Harry" it had to be (for me) a Super Blackhawk (I was still a teenager, and one .44 Mag was as good as another, plus it was the only one I had then), and my choice of leverguns was limited to ONE - a .44 Mag Marlin 1894 - a gun that even the most sloppy movie director probably wouldn't have chosen to be one in their 'Indian Wars' movies (especially with the 3-9x scope it wore).

Now, I ain't sayin' I still do such things (but I ain't sayin' I don't :wink: ) - but who else gets out a gun or two to 'watch' certain movies with them...?

As my wife says, I guess some of are still just kids at heart - bigger, older, & more toys - but still kids... :lol:

[ P.S. (now here's the one that will tell who the 'childish' kids are) - who actually has bought a gun just for the above purpose...? ]
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Humor Question - who watches movies with their guns?

Post by J Miller »

Well, I won't admit to anything, but just coincidentally there does seem to be a western style pistol and sometimes rifle nearby when I watch westerns.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YEP, ME TOO !!! THE ONLY TIME IT WAS A PROBLEM WAS WHEN I SAW "THE COWBOYS" FOR THE FIRST TIME. WHEN THAT DIRTBALL BRUCE DERN SHOT THE DUKE IN THE BACK I LEAPED UP SCREAMING 'YOUSONOFABITCH' AND WENT FOR MY GUN. MY WIFE AT THAT TIME GRABBED ME BEFORE I COULD SHOOT THAT SLEAZY LOWLIFE RIGHT OFF THE MOVIE SCREEN WITH A 45 AND PULLED ME DOWN INTO THE SEAT. THE THEATER GOT REALLY--REALLY!!!--QUIET AFTER THAT. I CANNOT IMAGINE WHY. I REALLY YEEEHAAAED UP A STORM WHEN DERN GOT IT FINALLY IN THAT MOVIE. I STILL LOVE TO SEE THAT P.O.S. BLOWN AWAY AND ONE OF THE BRIDGES BOYS DID IT IN FINE STYLE IN THE MOVIE "WILD BILL". I LOVED IT !!!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yeah, that can happen - Elvis shot his TV - I think maybe when the Beatles were on.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

Sorry. No infinite 6 guns, 72rd glocks, Class III arms or phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range laying around the house... :?

However, since I'm always armed, I'm always carrying when I'm watching a movie - just not usually the type the actor is pretending (badly) to use (also usually badly).
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Savage wrote:Yeah, that can happen - Elvis shot his TV - I think maybe when the Beatles were on.
Well good for him, if I could afford a new TV I'd do the same! :lol:

Back on topic I just watched "Seraphim Falls" but didn't have a 1868 period piece to watch it with. :oops:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:WHEN THAT DIRTBALL BRUCE DERN SHOT THE DUKE IN THE BACK I LEAPED UP SCREAMING 'YOUSONOFABITCH' AND WENT FOR MY GUN.
:o :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

game keeper wrote:
Old Savage wrote:Yeah, that can happen - Elvis shot his TV - I think maybe when the Beatles were on.
Well good for him, if I could afford a new TV I'd do the same! :lol:

Back on topic I just watched "Seraphim Falls" but didn't have a 1868 period piece to watch it with. :oops:
I've always tended to collect knives that I though had utility for an intended purpose, so I have a mish-mash of hunting and military-style fighting knives.

That movie convinced me that I needed a big honkin' Bowie knife, just in case I ever needed to get the "drop" on a fella from a tree.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Terry Murbach wrote:YEP, ME TOO !!! THE ONLY TIME IT WAS A PROBLEM WAS WHEN I SAW "THE COWBOYS" FOR THE FIRST TIME. WHEN THAT DIRTBALL BRUCE DERN SHOT THE DUKE IN THE BACK I LEAPED UP SCREAMING 'YOUSONOFABITCH' AND WENT FOR MY GUN. MY WIFE AT THAT TIME GRABBED ME BEFORE I COULD SHOOT THAT SLEAZY LOWLIFE RIGHT OFF THE MOVIE SCREEN WITH A 45 AND PULLED ME DOWN INTO THE SEAT. THE THEATER GOT REALLY--REALLY!!!--QUIET AFTER THAT. I CANNOT IMAGINE WHY. I REALLY YEEEHAAAED UP A STORM WHEN DERN GOT IT FINALLY IN THAT MOVIE. I STILL LOVE TO SEE THAT P.O.S. BLOWN AWAY AND ONE OF THE BRIDGES BOYS DID IT IN FINE STYLE IN THE MOVIE "WILD BILL". I LOVED IT !!!!
I saw the Cowboys in the theater also, I was 11 at the time. That was 1972. That was the first movie I ever saw were the duke got killed, it scarred me for a long time. But back on topic, I may have, a time or two, set around with a rifle or pistol and dry fired at the bad guys in a movie.
Ricky

DWWC
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

Think I read where Elvis`s bodyguard said Elvis would watch football on tv wearing a football helmit! No, I never watch tv with a gun unless occasionaly cleaning or fixing one.
Years ago I was sitting in my easy chair with a replica colt navy after I had just put it together after cleaning it. There was a loud athoritive knock on my door. I set the gun on the coffee table answered the door, a uniformed officer and a dick stood to each side. The dick asked me if I had drove my truck, said someone had just pulled a robbery with a identical one. He wanted to feel the engine. About that time a 3rd kid deputy with a beet red face came from around the rear of the truck with a shotgun on me! Sure glad I hadnt answered the door with the C&B still in my hand!
He said lets feel the engine. This was in palmdale calif on a 110 degree day! I said something about that. The dick felt the engine and was satisfied. They took off, without comment or appology.
Had I answered the door with the gun still in my hand, I dont need to tell you that old bogus bill, would have been a badguy rightously killed resisting arrest!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

No I haven't BUT there are certain persons that live in this house that almost won't watch movies with firearms if I'm in the room. According to her, I mean them I spend too much time ID'ing the weapon and what it can and can't do... :oops: :roll: :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

You mean some folks watch westerns without their guns...?

Poor fellers...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Think I read where Elvis`s bodyguard said Elvis would watch football on tv wearing a football helmit!
That's different; of course I wear my helmet all the time - I just wanted to know who was weird enough to have a gun around while watching a movie...

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

"WIERD...?"

Not Hardly!
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

lets see, recent movies have been out of africa and ghost and darkness and I have spent a lot of time "cleaning" the cape gun and double rifle in front of the tv.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's been a while, but yep - I've done that many times! :oops: :wink: :lol:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

At about 12 I had just came in the house from practicing with my 22 revolver. I sat down in the livingroom and turned on the TV. Wild Wild West was playing and when the scene ended I shot one of the frozen scenes on the TV.

I won't confirm or deny I still watch movies with or without an appropriate firearm at my side.

I did buy a Shiloh Sharps because of "Quigley Down Under". :D
Old Law Dawg
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

It's not bad practice to dryfire at a TV... But still... If I can't see all 5 (6) sitting ON TOP OF THE TV, I don't pull the trigger. (Yes, there is still a speedloader in my pocket, and I check the cylinder obsessively again & again...)
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My usual place for watching TV is in my gun room. My son has his TV downstairs in his room,my wife has laid claim to the one in the bedroom(and I can't stand most of the garbage she watches) so I use the one in the gunroom, so yeah I have a gun around when watching a movie. Do certain ones make it out to the table during certain movies.....could be. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

NOW you guys are starting to worry me a little bit. :shock: :shock:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

A certain few people in my family just happened to watch "The Assasination of Jesse James" with our somewhat period correct guns. :oops: Can't imagine why...... :mrgreen:
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

Accidnetly watched "Shooter" with our camoed Remington 700 in 223. It just walked out of the safe into the livin' room. :roll:
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

It has been known to happen.

I've never bought a firearm just for movie watching, but what Levergunner can deny being influenced toward leverguns and peacemakers by the Western movies we watched as kids.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!