WAY OT- Bigfoot

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

WAY OT- Bigfoot

Post by shooter »

I know this is way off topic, but I've seen some tv shows lately on bigfoot and I find them considerably amusing. I don't know if they exist or not, but the topic interests me. Has anyone ever seen, or know someone that has, what they think is a bigfoot? Just curious. I've been researching a little on the web and I can find plenty of stories, but not really much on credible photos/videos. Again, sorry for getting off topic

Jonathan
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

Iv never seen one but the day I do there
will be irrefutable proof that there exist.

Heard lots of stores.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I found it interesting and amusing while doing some virtual scouting on Google Earth, that there were a couple of BF "sightings" marked close to where I hunt in southern Indiana. The locations marked on Google Earth had links to www.bfro.net with full descriptions of the events.
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

There was a thread, a month or so ago, either here or on the old forum that discussed a number of peoples personal experiences and encounters. I was surprised at the number of testimonies.
Montanan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Montanan »

jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

shooter, you might wanna go to Graybeardoutdoors.com, where there is a big section at the top of the home page you can sign in to after you register. Recently there were some commercials on TV for a snackfood involving 3 guys pulling a series of pranks on a BF, which I thought, anyway, were really funny.........you might keep an eye peeled for them. The product was named "Jack"- something or other. For what it's worth, I don't think ANY hard evidence of BF will EVER be discovered. jd45
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

At the school I worked for previously the nurse told me a good story. There is supposedly a bigfoot running around the mountains of Vermont. She is a Vermont girl and told me a good story. She has this cousin who is a bit of a clown and decided to play a good prank. He made a bigfoot suit and strategically showed up in certain locations and acted in a certain manner. I guess he is good enough to have stories and articles about bigfoot in the Green Mountains.

I think there are cousins in every state who are clowns, if you know what I mean.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Where I go grouse hunting in Ontario there is a large rock with an imprint of two big feet in it, one almost perfect the other a bit messy, very strange. :?: :?:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

bigbore442001 wrote: She has this cousin who is a bit of a clown and decided to play a good prank. He made a bigfoot suit and strategically showed up in certain locations and acted in a certain manner. I guess he is good enough to have stories and articles about bigfoot in the Green Mountains.

I think there are cousins in every state who are clowns, if you know what I mean.
You wouldn't catch me running around in the bush wearing a bigfoot suit .... it might be a good way to get shot.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I saw one of those shows the other night. Some of the testimonials seem very believable, but I'll need more than that to be convinced. Someone will have to catch a live one, find a dead one, or I'll have to see one for myself.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

They are STILL using a film as evidence or possible evidence (by the "responsible" investigators) that the maker of which made a death bed confession was fake. Absolutely, positively fake.

I've heard that Theodore Roosevelt had "an experience". Now that's interesting.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

The legends and stories go back into antiquity, in North America, Asia and Europe. There's too much history to ignore offhand, and I think one day something will surface.
Have you ever seen an elephant graveyard, or the strange and spooky way elephants react to the presence of an elephant skull? We find new creatures in the depths of the ocean all the time, geology and archeology reveal new proofs supportive of Bible stories, our understanding of the functioning and limits of the human brain are ever expanding.
Just because we don't see something doesn't mean it isn't/wasn't there. Human ego has a way if making us very short sighted, and comfortable with our limited perspective and knowledge as being absolute in pronouncing answers.
How many people in this day and age know anything more about George Washington than the cherry tree story? Or that he had wooden teeth? That he was truly brave and heroic, the equal of any figure in world history (IMHO) for his tenacity, courage and cunning? Very few know, and he is generally dismissed as some guy with a wig we see in car and bank commercials. Yet his accomplishments were very real, and frankly without him our country probably would never have existed. I'm not comparing him to bigfoot, I'm only comparing how a lack of knowledge as regards these two subjects can produce similar perspectives on those subjects.
Holy cats, I don't even understand what I just typed, I hope you all do. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Homefront---I understand what your saying and you said it well but.................................we all know that hunters and hikers are the finders of dead things in the woods and if nothing has been found of Bigfoot, it ain't gonna happen. but, once again.....................................................I shoot the buffalo matches with this guy who is about 6'4", 300 pounds, has one eye, and is down right mean looking and guess what his name is?------Bigfoot :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Hey, I think he taught me geometry in high school! :D
I mention the elephant grave yards because elephants don't just drop dead where they are, unless they're motivated to do so by a rifle. They actually travel a distance to a place where thousands of elephant skeletal remains lie, and wait there to die, amongst their brethren. There is no obvious practical reason for doing this, except maybe they have a law that says "Thou shalt not drop dead and block a perfectly good trail." :lol:
We can guess, but don't know why they do this, or why they stop and bow their heads and caress the skeletal remains. I'm suggesting the possibility exists that big foots (big feet?) have some similar behavior that keeps their remains hidden from us. Their population numbers may have always been low enough that hiding themselves and their remains would not be too hard. Heck they could even be what's left of the Nephilim.
BTW, China (Tibet) has some interesting artifacts, and the Chinese have found solid remains of a very large, hairy species that is neither man nor ape. I'll look for a link.

Oh, I don't have any particular interest in Bigfoot. It's just that when a subject like this offers no conclusive proofs either way, I keep my mind open to possibilities.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

homefront wrote: BTW, China (Tibet) has some interesting artifacts, and the Chinese have found solid remains of a very large, hairy species that is neither man nor ape. I'll look for a link.
Homefront,
Save your energy trying to find the link. Its in my signiture below!------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

I have personally seen a bigfoot. Had a kid in my company in Navy boot camp who took size 15-1/2 shoes.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

So are BF sightings reason enough to have everyone carrying
45-70s in the woods or do you think 30-30s and pistol caliber
rifles would be acceptable?
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I've never seen a grizzly bear. I have seen some photos, but most of them are a little suspect. People say these large beasts exist, but I've never seen one dead or alive in South Carolina.

It makes for good stories though...
"Grizzly bear"...yeh right. :roll:

bogie
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Homefront,
Save your energy trying to find the link. Its in my signiture below!------------------------Sixgun
I'm pretty sure he's more human than what's-her-name :roll: .
But not by much.
Second thought, I take that back!

Ever see the movie Gremlins? You know, what happens when water gets splashed on one?
Take a good (painful) look at Kennedy - then look at the clintons, pelosi, boxer, schumer, rendell, sharpton, oblamalama, etc. etc. Well well, all by myself, I solved the riddle of where the heck they all came from! :twisted:
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

I've spent my entire life hiking and hunting in an area that is considered THE hotbed of 'Bigfootism', the area immediately surrounding Mt St Helens. Not only do I spend about 280 days a year in the woods, but live only about 17 miles from the Mountain.

I can say without any hesitation that if this IS the hotbed, there ain't no Bigfoot outside of imaginations. I've never seen, smelled or heard anything that would give me any pause.

And I've even seen the 'nonexistant' grizzly that supposedly isn't in the Southern Cascades of Washington State :shock: :shock:

Jeff
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I also saw a show on black cats the other day, and how they aren't supposed to exist. I've heard many credible people who live out in the country tell me they see them on a regular basis, and my uncle has seen one on his deer lease. He's one of the most credible people I know, so I don't generally hold to all the opinions of the so-called "experts" on matters like that. I fully expect that there would be grizzlys in Washington.[/quote]
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Sorry, by black cats I meant Mountain Lions, panthers, pumas...whatever you want to call them. They're not supposed to exist. The "experts say any black one you see has to be an escaped leopard or a wandering jaguar. I fully believe there are still a few jaguars left in the southwestern part of the states that could account for some of the sightings, but probably not all of them
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I've often wondered if any of those wierd critters existed of not, it does strike me as funny the only people that see these things are not the wilderness type mostly people who are driving by some area or through some area that has been closed for sometime. You never hear of anybody seeing one during hunting season either of course during I only saw one deer during rifle season and it was the one I killed, so the deer and the bigfoot's must have a very good hiding place.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

One of my high school students used to call in BF sightings in the 1990's. He had much fun pulling their chains with his prank calls. I'm wondering if some of his are documented--Bend, Redmond, Sisters area of Oregon.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I also saw the episode on black cats or "Panthers" as they are called around here. The footage from Franklin WV is not far from me at all. I grew up hearing my grandpa on my dad's side telling about killing a "kitten" panther that had come into his bedroom one summer night while sleeping with the door open. He managed to scare the mother off which was outside the door and catch a kitten in the door. After yelling for his brother to come help him, my great uncle managed to kill it with a fire poker.

My dad also told me about when he worked not far from where the previous story happened, working second shift 4pm-1am at a mines, and while the mine fan was off and all was quite, and being able to hear a panther scream while he was filling out the paper work.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Shooter,
Saw a jagarundi in Timberon N.M. two years ago, it was a strange looking critter
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

Saw a jagarundi in Timberon N.M. two years ago, it was a strange looking critter

I have always wanted to see one of those :D I had some of my cosins visiting from L.A. about two years ago, I sent them into town to pickup some Ice cream 8) and when they got back they told me a lemer (sp?) ran across through the road infront of them. They said they were shure it wasnt a raccoon so I was puzzled. about a week later I finaly realized what they saw a ringtail!! I guess that would look like a lemer to a flat lander!!
Break on through to the other side!!!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

They are pretty cool, threw me at first.
Ran across the road in front of the truck stopped on a log about 30 yards away, looked back at us. Got a good long look at him/her
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Homefront, in your first post, you alluded to archaeological dicsoveries supporting Biblical stories. I've read that every new archaeological discovery has never called into question the factual truth of a biblical story, rather, it has supported it. What I'm saying boils down to there is no biblical story of an ape changing over time into a man. Bigfoot is to Evolutionists the so-called missing link in the evolutionary chain between ape & man. The biblical story I'm referring to is God creating man from the dust, or raw materials if you will, of the earth. You ain't gonna find any bigfoot, cause evolution is a LIE.......it ain't true, I don't care if you did learn it as a fact in school. It should've been taught as a theory, if they'd've been intelectually honest, which they weren't, cause they have a built-in prejudice & hostility againt the concept of a supreme being that's in authority over human beings. BF is just wishful thinking on the part of evolutionists to substantiate their false theory as fact. jd45
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

This was a nice discussion.
Where do these dilusional people come from?
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

jd45 wrote:Homefront, in your first post, you alluded to archaeological dicsoveries supporting Biblical stories. I've read that every new archaeological discovery has never called into question the factual truth of a biblical story, rather, it has supported it. What I'm saying boils down to there is no biblical story of an ape changing over time into a man. Bigfoot is to Evolutionists the so-called missing link in the evolutionary chain between ape & man. The biblical story I'm referring to is God creating man from the dust, or raw materials if you will, of the earth. You ain't gonna find any bigfoot, cause evolution is a LIE.......it ain't true, I don't care if you did learn it as a fact in school. It should've been taught as a theory, if they'd've been intelectually honest, which they weren't, cause they have a built-in prejudice & hostility againt the concept of a supreme being that's in authority over human beings. BF is just wishful thinking on the part of evolutionists to substantiate their false theory as fact. jd45
jd45, I am not questioning creation. I fully believe that God created this world, and I am by no means calling Bigfoot, if he does exist, the "missing link". There are many mysteries in this world one cannot explain, and many things God created that we will never know about. I am open to the possibility of an ape-like creature existing, but will not believe fully until I see one, or somebody else kills one.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Hey Mescalero, are you in NM? If so, whereabouts?
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

JD45,

I didn't mention Darwin's evolution, or say that Bigfoot was a missing link in our supposed evolutionary chain.
If such a creature exists, it's because God made it so, just as he did all the others.

I do have a few relatives that I think Bigfoot investigators should have a look at.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I am in Phoenix, I too have some relatives that are suspect
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

shooter & homefront, I am aware that you're not doubting creation, or mentioning the missing link in the evolutionary chain. What I am saying is that evolutionists regard bigfoot as the missing link between ape & man & if found would vindicate them in their theory, but won't be found because it doesn't exist. I'm just saying that an ape is an ape & a man is a man & tho they try to interpret data from nature to substantiate their theory, in the end it won't wash. BTW, I have some relatives myself that cause me to look at them & think , "HMMMMMMM", too. jd45
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

My mothers brother, Alfred was the harriest home sapien I have ever seen, makes you wonder
sport240
Levergunner

Post by sport240 »

I saw a Bigfoot on december 29th 2007 in La Patrie Quebec while grouse hunting at dusk. Big Hairy son of a bugger, at 100 yds. Everyone at camp thought I was crazy...I know what I saw...At the time I was carrying a double-barrel .410, had I been carrying a .308, I'd have shown you the very first authentic recorded Bigfoot.

This may sound crazy, but what I saw is what I saw...and I ain't no crazy!

One heck of a weird, X-files kind of experience.

Maybe it was something else, but dang, I'm sure I saw a Bigfoot!

JWD
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

I can discuss the questions about what caliber is needed for taking down a bigfoot. And I can cooment on the Mountain Lion thing, too. See, I was hunting on one of the PA State Game Lands up in the Poconos, and I came around this bend in the trail, and there right in front of me, snorting and grunting and stomping his big darn feet was a real, genuine, honest-to-goodness Bigfoot, with his missing evolutionary links, and all. Dang, he was madder than all heck at somehting, and I had a sneeking suspicion that I was the "something." Well, I had my .30-30 with me, and since I am a lawfully obedient PA hunter, I only had three rounds in the rifle (our hunting laws at work, don't you know). Well, I was like looking at this big hairy ape-like thing that sort of looked like a bit of human but was kind of ape, and you know, he did have sort of a resemblence to what a link of some sort between an ape and a man might look like, but I only got a "C" in biology in high school, so I was not sure. Well, this thing was meaner looking and madder than all get out. And, get out is exactly what I wanted to do. But as I turned around to run back the other way on the trail, lo and behold, what do I see behind me, (actually, since I'd turned to run, it was in front of me now, not behind me, but you know what I mean)... Well, there was one of those mountain lions that the State of Pennsylvania insists do not exist at all in PA. I'm not talking about a bobcat. I'm talking about a mountain lion. And, I start thinking to myself, "Well, you DID want to go into the woods and find animals, didn't you???" Anyway, so I got this bigfoot evolutionary missing link thingie behind me, and I got this non-existent mountain lion in front of me, and I've got three rounds in the rifle, and I'm thinking to myself, "well, you got two critters and three rounds, and you practically live at the target range so you should be able to handle this." So I figure that hairy ape-man-link-whatever is the bigger threat, so I wheel around on my heals and raise the rifle up so that the rear sight frames hairy-dude and I'm getting the front sight bead on the center-of-mass and I start hearing the kitty cat moving around and making noise behind me. I fire the rifle and cycle the lever. Don't you know that this hairy thing reaches out a big paw and grabs the freaking bullet from mid air and all in one motion he winds his arm back up and then let's the bullet hurl in my general direction, but in the specific direction of Garfield the Cat behind me. I hear this screech/scream/yelp, and I turn around and see blood literally pouring from this cat as he skulks off through the brush. I then turn back to the ape-man with the foot advantage, and I am looking at him and thinking about my moral dilemna. First of all, shooting this guy with my rifle did not seem to work but I do have two more rounds and I am a fast levergunner extraordinaire, so maybe I can get off two rounds quickly and he can only catch one, and second of all is the fact that apparently this man-ape-link thing just saved me from certainly being eaten by the mountain lion. So, should I shoot the big dude after all? And if not, what should I do because who is going to believe this if I don't come back to Philly with a bigfoot on the cargo rack of the 4Runner? And what if he is the missing link, but he can't be because I don't even believe in evolution, but if he is the link would I start believing? Well, while I'm standing there having this moral debate in my mind, the hairy guy sort of motions with his head over to my left and behind me a bit, and he gently raises one arm as if to point. I turn slowly to my left, and gee, there is this gigantic buck with like 14 points on his rack. I raise the Winchester and frame the buck in the rear sight. I'm at like 50 yards from this monster trophy. I'm getting the front sight bead at a 6 o'clock hold on the buck's heart/lungs when all of a sudden I hear this groaning kind of sound coming from the woods to my right and darn it but there is that cat! And, he's mad and he's coming towards me. I move the rifle point of aim, and fire at the cat but just in that split second, he's gone -- off into the woods. And I turn back towards the buck and he's running away. Dang it. I'm going home empty handed, or so I think. I turn back around to deal with the bigfoot creature and he's running off down the train at quite a clip. My heart racing and my palms sweating, I shoulder the rifle and start walking back down the trail. I'm shaken, a little light headed, and fully mentally exhausted. But I've got one shot left in my rifle...

Oh dang it. My wife is screaming at me to get off the computer and take out the trash. Let me finish this later.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

...and some people want to LEGALIZE drugs. :shock:

That was funny, though. :D
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

No one has ever seen a 'Bigfoot' for the reason they don't exist. Perpetuating the myth can stimulate to tourist trade. Also easy money for scammers.

When I lived near Hood River, Oregon several years ago there was some guy that ran a bigfoot 'research center'. Apparently made a fairly decent living off the hoax for several years before he finally moved on.

"There's a sucker born every minute". P.T. Barnum
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Alright fellas. I wasn't gonna say anything, but......I AM a Bigfoot. And I don't appreciate being referred to as "sub-human". :x

bogie
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

mescalero1 wrote:Shooter,
Was the jaguar wearing BVDs or Fruit-of-the Looms?
I can only imagine how strange looking that was. :wink:
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Jeff Pitts wrote:I've spent my entire life hiking and hunting in an area that is considered THE hotbed of 'Bigfootism', the area immediately surrounding Mt St Helens. Not only do I spend about 280 days a year in the woods, but live only about 17 miles from the Mountain.

Jeff
They got fried the last time Mt. St. Helens exploded. :lol:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

mescalero1 wrote:Shooter,
Mescalero, what is a jagarundi?
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

21 EEEs, case rested.
Image :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

ursavus---that was good!!! You and I come from that same boat--SE Pa.-----------------Sixgun
Last edited by Sixgun on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

When he's holding a basketball, he looks like me holding a softball! (only much darker) :shock:
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Jeff, 280 days a year in the woods, I got to change the way I'm livin'...
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

ursavus, I got to get what you've been takin'!
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Hey Shooter, what other interesting things have you people from Roswell,NM seen, or think you've seen, or talked to people that think they might have seen? :lol: :lol:
And BTW, what a great true story by u.e! :wink:
Oops, gotta go now, something huge going thru the front yard heading in the direction of Cincinnati!
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker