Just finished watching Quigley...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Just finished watching Quigley...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

...again! :D

Had to drive to Atlanta this week on business. I took my time both ways, with plenty of stops to rest my back. Still, the drive was long and painful. I did listen to the soundtracks to a lot of my favorite movies though, including "Quigley Down Under", "The Last of the Mohicans", and "Gettysburg". Decided I needed to watch "Quigley" again, just because! :D

On topic - the Sharps does have a lever!!! :D :D :D
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: Just finished watching Quigley...

Post by KirkD »

That movie sure makes me want a Shiloh Sharps. The only trouble is with me .... money doesn't grow on trees and my priority is a 32-20.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I hear you Kirk! I'm hoping to add a .32-20 WCF leveraction to the stable some time in 2010 myself! :D
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Jay one of these days while you're on one of your drives see if you can find the recorded book by Shaara that he did on Civil War Battle fields. It's a great read and makes you feel like you're right there with him.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I have the Gettysburg soundtrack in my van right now, and all mentioned are good ones. At home, I sometimes let the Last o' the Mohican's DVD run just to hear the soundtrack. It makes mundane, everyday tasks seem MUCH more important! :mrgreen: Add my name to those lusting for s Shiloh Sharps. I did heard Badger barrel is going belly up though, and would like to know who will be making the barrels before I think about placing an order for one.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
milespb
Levergunner

Post by milespb »

CC, Shiloh makes their own barrels, C. Sharps uses the Badgers. I Just got my Shiloh #1 a couple of months ago, after a 26 month wait and I could not be any happier. Their company and quality of workmanship is second to none.
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Yes indeed, great movie, soundtrack and rifle. But guys and girls, I have to tell you this. As beautiful and well made as a Shiloh rifle is, pulling the trigger on one makes it even better!!! If any of you are in the neighborhood, you'd be welcome to stop in and shoot mine. Best regards. Wind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Great flick! watched it myself...a few weekends ago...
and what a rifle....Friend of mine bought one many years ago...
right after the movie came out....in a the small caliber of 45-60...???..
dont know why he picked that one...and
He waited a long, long time for that rifle.....almost 3 years i think....

I have shot the C sharps in 45-120....what a tack driver that was......
all the bullets went in one hole....very impressive!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Rusty wrote:Jay one of these days while you're on one of your drives see if you can find the recorded book by Shaara that he did on Civil War Battle fields. It's a great read and makes you feel like you're right there with him.
Will do Rusty - thanks for the idea! I'm hoping to be out in front of customers a lot more in 2010!!! :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

"Quigley Down Under" was the impetus for me buying a Shiloh Sharps. I bought one from Venturino and foolishly sold it because I didn't take the time to work up any BP loads for it. Within days I was kicking myself over and over for selling it. I bought another one and it's not going anywhere. It's in 45 2.1/45-70 and I'm working on getting the equipment to shoot BPCR. Might even get to a couple of matches with it. :D
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I will have a Shiloh in 38-55 someday......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

KirkD wrote:That movie sure makes me want a Shiloh Sharps. The only trouble is with me .... money doesn't grow on trees and my priority is a 32-20.
At the rate the Gubmint is printin' money these days, it sure does "grow on trees..." But only the Gubmint Goobers can "pick" it...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

HA HA ! Jr. read this and went right to the machine and put Quigley in :lol: :lol:
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I was fondling a Quigley replica Sharps at the local toystore on Monday...one of the Uberti's I think.....Man was it purdy. Now if I only had a few extra bucks under the sofa cushions it might end up in the safe....

But alas no....gotta replace the ol' motorcycle first.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by blueroan »

I sure like my BIG 50 Shiloh, a 50/90 Long Range Express. Going to the factory in Big Timber is a great experience...especially with the tour of the shop, etc. You can see the pains they take to make YOUR gun perfect.

Going to the Quigley shoot in Forsyth MT on Fathers Day week end is fun also. Al Lee and his friends put on a good shoot and you have a good visit with other shooters. This year will be the 20th shoot.
When they said SHARPS, I always thought BIG 50!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

stew71 wrote:I was fondling a Quigley replica Sharps at the local toystore on Monday...one of the Uberti's I think.....Man was it purdy. Now if I only had a few extra bucks under the sofa cushions it might end up in the safe....

But alas no....gotta replace the ol' motorcycle first.
A Pedersoli maybe? I don't think Uberti makes one...
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ysabel: Uberti indeed. My understanding is Uberti gets some of the parts from Pedersoli. I sold a Uberti Quigley on Tuesday at the Sportsmans Warehouse where I work. Guy who bought it was like a little kid with huge back of penny candy ... :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Ysabel: Uberti indeed. My understanding is Uberti gets some of the parts from Pedersoli. I sold a Uberti Quigley on Tuesday at the Sportsmans Warehouse where I work. Guy who bought it was like a little kid with huge back of penny candy ... :D
Very cool!!! 8) I look forward to seeing one of these in person! :D
OK357
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OK357 »

Speaking of western theme music, I've got these three CD sets of classic western movie themes. Links take you to Amazon.com. The last set takes the best from the first two sets for a condensed version. Gettysburg, The Last of the Mohicans, The Cowboys, The Magnificent Seven and even Blazing Saddles are on them.

The Wild West: The Essential Western Film Music Collection

Way Out West: The Essential Western Film Music Collection

Western Film Themes
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Watched "The Last of the Mohicans" the following day, and just wrapped up "Jeremiah Johnson". Going to try to watch a bunch of my favorites over the holidays!!! :D

Oh! And I watched the first three episodes of the "Lone Ranger" today as well! :D