OT - It's snowing here in SC!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - It's snowing here in SC!!!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Granted, it's not sticking - yet, but it's snowing big ol' "Charlie Brown" snowflakes right now! The school just called - the kids will be coming home early today!!! :D
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT - It's snowing here in SC!!!

Post by Dastook »

Up in Concord, NC. Isn't here yet, but it's coming.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Welcome to what up here should be a WHITE, Merry Christmas.
snow DEC c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You should see the people piled into the stores for their bread, milk, beer, etc... :lol: I've got at least 2 weeks of fresh groceries at the house. When the snow falls you can see just how unprepared people know they are. They'll strip the stores bare by this afternoon I'll bet.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
fatoldfool
Levergunner 2.0

Post by fatoldfool »

Yep, Hobie, you are right about that...seems as if the craziness starts here (southern WV) right around 11 AM and will last until the store closes. Local gas station has already sold out two pumps and there is about a 20 minute wait for the remaining pumps. Bread and milk racks empty already at the gas/convenience store, but the IGA still has plenty. They are saying we will get 12 inches and people are nutz!
jackruff
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jackruff »

That's exactly what many people in South Mississippi do when a hurricane is coming!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It has started snowing now. Not sticking yet. Wife's school district closed at 2:00 (sent the kids home). She said it wasn't sticking to the road while she was "on the mountain". They've been forecasting 20 inches here. I picked up the snow blower from Mom's, just in case. I no longer enjoy shoveling snow and have 80 feet to the sidewalk, 80 feet of sidewalk and 120 feet of driveway to clear. Too much shoveling for me! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

It's a little too cold and dry here to snow. Sky was star-filled last night, a balmy 4 deg. when I soaked in the hot tub at midnight. It's up to maybe 20 now, a heat wave!
Certified gun nut
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

56 and sunny here in Sacto....that's one of the few remaining good things about living in the Sacramento Valley....no snow so we get year-round shooting and riding weather.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

WELL, WHAT WITH IT BEING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON WE WANTED TO SHARE THE SNOW WITH ALL OF YOU SOUTHERN BOYS. THERE IS SOME MORE ON THE WAY BUT WE KEPT THE -13* TEMPS HERE AS THAT MAY BE A BIT TOO MUCH FOR ALLA YOU FOLKS. DO REMEMBER : WINTER IS GOOD AS IT KEEPS THE RIFF RAFF OUT. IF THEY CANNOT COPE WITH A JOB, THEY CANNOT COPE WITH A DAKOTA WINTER AND MOVE TO TEXAS UNTIL SPRING.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Suffering horribly with 55 degrees and a bit of drizzle :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

We're expecting that storm to land here in the Bay State tommorrow night and into Sunday morning. It will be a coastal storm. In my area the weather gurus expect 7 to 10 inches although we may get more and in some places two feet.

I believe I will call in sick Monday to go out to hunt deer with the muzzleloader. Should be good tracking snow.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Here in Nevady it's clear & sunny with the usual winter gray haze and 32. No wind...a perfect winter day! :D

Hope Y'all on the eastern seaboard get blasted like we did last week :mrgreen:

Going riding in the snow tomorrow...been a month since I sat a horse-Yippee!

LB
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Weatherman says the edge of this one is gonna come through here. Somewhere between light snow and not worth mentioning. FWIW it took all day to warm the shop to 62 degrees because somebody forgot to put a log on the fire before going to bed last night.
Certified gun nut
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

adirondakjack wrote:Weatherman says the edge of this one is gonna come through here. Somewhere between light snow and not worth mentioning. FWIW it took all day to warm the shop to 62 degrees because somebody forgot to put a log on the fire before going to bed last night.
SEE, I TOLD YOU IT IS TOUGH FINDING GOOD HELP THESE DAYS, JACK.

I DO KNOW THAT UPSTATE NY CAN HAVE OUTRAGEOUS SNOWFALL AND SERIOUSLY LOW TEMPS.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Terry Murbach wrote:
adirondakjack wrote:Weatherman says the edge of this one is gonna come through here. Somewhere between light snow and not worth mentioning. FWIW it took all day to warm the shop to 62 degrees because somebody forgot to put a log on the fire before going to bed last night.
SEE, I TOLD YOU IT IS TOUGH FINDING GOOD HELP THESE DAYS, JACK.

I DO KNOW THAT UPSTATE NY CAN HAVE OUTRAGEOUS SNOWFALL AND SERIOUSLY LOW TEMPS.

My wife likes to tell me what the weather is gonna be (and generally she's not happy about it). My stock answer is "where do you think you live? I don't see any rastas hanging around, so this ain't Jamaica, dear" ;)
Certified gun nut
win7094M1
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win7094M1 »

Snow started here about five o'clock - now have about three inches on the ground. May have up to 12" by this time tomorrow. Hobie, what's going on in Staunton, weatherwise?
Winchester M94 30-30 (1980)
Winchester M70 Westerner 30-06 (1982)
Winchester M1 Garand (1942)
Too many others to list - hope to add more levers soon.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Well at 9:03 we already have 5-6" on the ground. It is very dry snow here. Should blow good in the morning. Might go out at 1 if it starts to get wet. 20" of wet snow is a bit of a chore even with the blower.
Sincerely,

Hobie

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

BlaineG wrote:Suffering horribly with 55 degrees and a bit of drizzle :P
Blaine, you need to start thinking about moving to somewhere where they get half decent winters. If it doesn't get down to 30 below sometimes, I feel I'm being deprived of the special pleasure of the way stars look at night when it is so cold no air moves, and the occasional Aspen pops like a pistol shot. There is something about it that is purifying. :D
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

All that snow, GLOBAL WARMING, ya know!! :lol: Hobie, figured with all that hot air from down DC way, you guys would feel like the tropics all the time. I remember it was pretty warm in Annandale, when I lived there, next to the Beltway.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

This morning I woke up to something over the 22" forecast and found the plows had got it up to almost 5' on my sidewalk. That was after 4 hours or clearing snow (thank goodness I had moved the electric start snow thrower down here yesterday). I think I'll have lunch now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sincerely,

Hobie

adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

We're gonna get an inch or so here, just a grazing. This morning it was cold enough that the dog wouldn't stand still even to pee. He kinda did a hopping drive by, got it done, lifting one foot then the next, before running to the house.

Now it's warmed enough he's basking in the sunshine on a pile of snow out back.
Certified gun nut
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[They'll strip the stores bare by this afternoon I'll bet.]

Yep - That happens right after every "Bread & Milk Alert" on TV ! ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, the snow lasted all of 5 minutes here, but it was pretty while it lasted! School was still let out a bit early. Wet mix the rest of the day. An hour north they got snow and it stuck. Wish we'd get some next week - the kids have never had a white Christmas!