seasons greetings

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

seasons greetings

Post by colo native »

To MY Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To MY Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: seasons greetings

Post by TedH »

Merry Christmas to you as well. :D
NRA Life Member
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Merry Christmas again! Hope you weren't at the hospital for yourself... :wink: BTW, Mom's doing ok. Might get to go "home" tonight!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

You seem to be a bit cornfused!?! As a Colorado Native you should know that out here we say, " Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

All that other happy horsefeathers, politically correct stuff ya Easterners spout is just nonsense. Last time I looked it was CHRISTmas, not Kwanzaa-mas, nor Hanukkah-mas, not even Happy Holidays-mas either!!
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

MY SEASONINGS DO NOT NEED TO BE GREETED.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

COSteve wrote:You seem to be a bit cornfused!?! As a Colorado Native you should know that out here we say, " Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

All that other happy horsefeathers, politically correct stuff ya Easterners spout is just nonsense. Last time I looked it was CHRISTmas, not Kwanzaa-mas, nor Hanukkah-mas, not even Happy Holidays-mas either!!
your not from ranch country are ua??
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

Hobie wrote:Merry Christmas again! Hope you weren't at the hospital for yourself... :wink: BTW, Mom's doing ok. Might get to go "home" tonight!
sorry ta hear your mon waz in the slammer, sure hope she's doing well, no I took one of my grandkids for an xray..
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

In church last Sunday the Pastor was talkin' 'bout wishing Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays, and he said something I liked. When someone wishes you Happy Holidays just thank them saying holiday is just another spelling of Holyday! And, yes CHRISTmas is a Holy day! This is out first Christmas in Oregon, and we love it here. Just me and the wife (which is enough for us) wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to all the members of Leverguns.com.

Mike and Carolyn Isaac
(far, far away from L.A.!)
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to all!

... and, "on earth, peace to men OF GOOD WILL."
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If I ever start getting upset with my Jewish or African or Muslim friends who openly celebrate their holy days, (and I'm not - sometimes I join them)
then
I'll start apologizing for openly celebrating Christmas!
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Senior Levergunner

Re: Why is this funny?

Post by 2571 »

[quote="colo native"]To MY Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

I'm a Dem & I say 'Merry Christmas', not X-mas. The above doesn't seem funny, cute nor profound; it's just just dumb.

Merry Christmas, y'all.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2571 wrote:I'm a Dem & I say 'Merry Christmas', not X-mas. The above doesn't seem funny, cute nor profound; it's just just dumb. Merry Christmas, y'all.
I think it's like the jokes about "two lawyers, an Indian, and a Nun went into a bar..." - poking fun at some generally true stereotypes, and although I know quite a few wonderful and very Christian Democrats, you have to admit, there are quite a few who take the 'politically correct' concept a bit too seriously.

If you want, I'll try to think of an 'equal time' joke poking fun at Republicans, and one for Libertarians...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Merry Christmas to all. Good take on PC Co native. danny
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

A merry ,merry and a happy,happy to everyone.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
44magHunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44magHunter »

AJMD429 wrote:
2571 wrote:I'm a Dem & I say 'Merry Christmas', not X-mas. The above doesn't seem funny, cute nor profound; it's just just dumb. Merry Christmas, y'all.
I think it's like the jokes about "two lawyers, an Indian, and a Nun went into a bar..." - poking fun at some generally true stereotypes, and although I know quite a few wonderful and very Christian Democrats, you have to admit, there are quite a few who take the 'politically correct' concept a bit too seriously.

If you want, I'll try to think of an 'equal time' joke poking fun at Republicans, and one for Libertarians...

I think it would be more accurate to say "Liberal friends" and "Libertarian friends" rather than 'Democrat' and 'Republican.' --- It still means the same thing, just in a more accurate and correct way.
Levergun: Marlin, Ruger, Hornaday, Henry, Williams, Leupold
Black Gun: AeroPrecision, Magpul, Streamlight, Remington, McMillan, Sierra, Badger Ordinance, Harris, Jewel Triggers, Leupold
Archery: Hoyt, GoldTip, Axcel/TruBall, FeatherVision, Specialty, AAE, VaneTec, Doinker, ZeroTolerance, TopHat, Leupold