Levergun elk hunt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Levergun elk hunt

Post by TedH »

Just watched an episode of Steve's Outdoor Adventures on Outdoor Channel that I had DVR'd. Country singer Travis Tritt was elk hunting in Colorado with a Marlin levergun. They never mentioned the gun, but it looked to me like a 308ME or a 338ME. He shot a nice 6x6 from a respectable distance with it. I've always been a fan of Travis Tritt, even more so now. 8)
NRA Life Member
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Levergun elk hunt

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good to hear! :D
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I love "Tequila Sheila". :D

I don't now that I have seen a hunting show that used a lever. I don't watch many but I would like to see one some time that uses a nice lever.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

A couple of weeks ago I saw a show where the hunter (Tony Makris) used an 1895 Winchester in .405 to take a Cape Buffalo.
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

He prefers bows but I like the Motor City Madman Ted Nugent. I don't know if this is an urban legend but I heard when the Make A Wish Foundation turned down a dying youngster because his wish was to hunt Ted took him all expenses paid to Africa or for an elk hunt, I can't rmember which. I also love when the liberal media interview him and ask him a question regarding hunting and gun ownership. Ted will never be known for subtlety. In fact I think he scares most lib interviewers.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

No doubt. In every interview I've seen with Uncle Ted he spoke the truth and left the lib reporter in tatters.
NRA Life Member
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

So Travis Tritt's an levergunning elk hunter. That's good to know.

I watched him once open a show for Hank Williams, Jr. The show began with Charlie Daniels and the crowd was on its feet, then Travis showed up and started honky tonkying the place. By the end of his show everyone one was pretty lubed and lathered up. Then Hank took the stage and the place erupted - literally. My wife and I had to leave after the third song because we got tired of dodging all the fights breaking out around us. The show went from Charlie's country rock, to Tritt's rocking honky tonk, to Hank's flat out Rebel yelling - Yankee butt kicking - full tilt boogie. I'll stick with George Jones. :D
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Maybe its about time there was a hunting show with just leverguns that hunted
multiple species and actually talk about the guns alittle bit.All the while not making
it a total infomercial.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

m.wun wrote:Maybe its about time there was a hunting show with just leverguns that hunted
multiple species and actually talk about the guns alittle bit.All the while not making
it a total infomercial.
+1
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.