how do you take off the turret on lyman T-mag press ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

how do you take off the turret on lyman T-mag press ?

Post by cvarcher »

Anyone help me here .I have the Lyman T mag turret press (6 dies station) . I have a spae turret now to get ready for 357 mag reloading. The turret on the press has a large black knurled like knob with a large slot on the top as if you had a giant screwdriver to unscrew it. How do I get this off my press?
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mad mucus »

Older model?

My T-Mag has a hex topped bolt with a hole through the side for use with the detachable turret handle or socket.

Mucus :?
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mad mucus »

Hmmm... reckon I'd remove the dies, cut a coke can to wrap around the knurled head and take to it with a pair of multi-grip pliers or vice grips. :wink: You've probably thought to do something similar.

Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

You can always call Lyman and ask them. Mine is designed just like Mad M's.

-Tutt
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

No, I have the round knurled top no hole in the side.

Post by cvarcher »

I did call Lyman but I didnt understand the guys direction. Basically does that big bolt unscrew ?
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

When all else fails, log onto the manufacturer's web page & look for the product in question.

In this case, Lyman has the instruction for the Turret Press & its other products on-line. The on-line instructions for the Turret Press tell the user how to remove it:

www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/index.htm
cvarcher
Levergunner 2.0

thanks Ray. I did that after I downloaded Acrobat 8.1

Post by cvarcher »

It basically says to unscrew that large bolt in the center of the turret. Problem is I have the older MAG Press version with the round knurled head and large slot on top for a big screwdriver I guess. The newer version has a hex head for a wrench.Turrets are interchangeable .I wonder if I can just buy the hex head bolt?