Marlin Levermatic .22 mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kooz
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin Levermatic .22 mag

Post by kooz »

Just aquired a Marlin Levermatic model 57M in .22 Mag, looks almost like new. I came close to buying this gun a year ago from a guy at work, but declined at the time. Well he mentioned yesterday that he still had it and so I decided to pick it up. This is the first one that I can remember seeing. Haven't decided what I will do with it just yet. Kind of an odd looking thing, but WOW ! can it shoot ! very accurate little gun. For those of you who have them, how do you like them ?
Harry O
Levergunner

Re: Marlin Levermatic .22 mag

Post by Harry O »

I don't have that particular one, but I did have the 56 in .22LR and currently have a 62 in .30 Carbine. They are/were both accurate. No complaints. The only problem is switching from these (30 degree or so levers) to conventional (90 degrees or so) lever actions (such as my other Marlins, Winchesters, etc). It takes the hand a while to get the hang of one right after using the other.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A Model 57, played around with in the early 60's, was my edukashunal tool, about how I learned the foibles of firing LR's in a WMR chamber. :shock:

The rifle didn't feel a thing, of course. :mrgreen:

76/444

Post by 76/444 »

22mag is my favorite rabbit caliber of all time!!! Always wanted a 57, but, could only find H&R semi's at that time. Another really excellent 22mag rabbit gun. Good luck with this, it should serve you well !!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I believe I have a vintage Lyman or Redfield receiver sight that will fit those two holes, on the left side of the receiver.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

I got a 57M not quite a year ago and "Wow, can it s-h-o-o-t !" describes mine to a "T".

It's the proverbial tackdriver. Funky-looking, yes, but a keeper for sure.

Congrats!

Noah
Last edited by Noah Zark on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
azzhandler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azzhandler »

Jdad, if you would like to part with that sight, send me a e-mail id be very interested

james
uncowboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by uncowboy »

I have had the 22 mag my entire life. I love it so much I bought a 30 carbine and just last week I got the 256Mag. Still looking for the 22 LR. Not a legal hunting gun in NJ but I plan on useing it on Groundhogs and Varmits . Mine is very accurate out to 100Yds. I think you will be happy with your purchase. J.Michael
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

azzhandler wrote:Jdad, if you would like to part with that sight, send me a e-mail id be very interested

james
James,
Kooz has first choice. I think I have 2. One Lyman and one Redfield. I'll PM you later.

Check your PM. :wink:

David
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.