Semi-anual reminder on behavior issues...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Semi-anual reminder on behavior issues...

Post by AmBraCol »

Well, here we are in the grip of GlowBull warming and it appears some folks are suffering from cabin fever. Here's a few things to keep in mind as you wait for spring to be sprung.

First. Keep it polite. If your first reaction is to rip someone's virtual entrails out and drape them all over screen - step away from the keyboard and give yourself some time before coming back to it.

Second. No one wins in a knock down, drag out internet brawl. Sayings about teaching a pig to sing, wrestling with a pig, arguing with an idiot, etc, etc, etc come to mind. You may be right but leaving a fool to argue with himself is usually a better solution than slinging vitriol across the internet.

Third. This is not your private domain. Unless your name is Paco Kelly and you are the author of "Leverguns - An American Tradition" (See, Nath? That answers your little question quite well) and you are the founder of the Leverguns.com website. If that description doesn't fit you - this is not your private domain and you're a guest. Please remember that and act accordingly.

Fourth. No personal attacks. It only lowers the attacker. You only harm yourself. Just don't do it. Again - step away from the computer. Take a break. Reflect on what's important in life. Seek common ground rather than division for division sake. And get used to the fact that the world is peopled with idiots - most of whom don't seem to realize that they are. Get used to it. Pick and choose your conversations. Use logic more than emotion in dealing with others.

We can't please everyone all the time and feelings will be hurt. That's life. Sometimes it's best to simply ignore folks. Especially those who seem to enjoy rattling other people's chains, so to speak. If you click on a user's name there's a couple of handy dandy little buttons labled "Add Friend" and "Add Foe" - I've no idea what they do but if someone really gets your goat - give it a whirl. Let us know how it turns out. I've got no foes here and I hope 'most of y'all are my friends. But no matter what, I'm content with who I am and nothing any of y'all say about me changes that one whit.

So, let's keep in mind the season and the pressures and what not and keep it civil.

There are plenty other forums on the 'net where uncivil behavior is not only allowed, it seems to be the norm. Go there to vent your spleen, keep this forum clean.

Thanks for listening.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: Semi-anual reminder on behavior issues...

Post by RKrodle »

Yes Sir :(
Ricky

DWWC
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Thanks Paul.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You are absolutly correct.
If I have violated the boundries, please let me know,
I like it here too much to let my abberant behaviour jeopardize that.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I don't mean to start any drama, but what was the reference to "Nath" about? It just seemed to be sort of condescending. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Bogie35 wrote:I don't mean to start any drama, but what was the reference to "Nath" about? It just seemed to be sort of condescending. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
bogie

That was my (apparently very weak) attempt at levity. Check out Nath's note about what the proper term for leverguns is. Well, Paco's title pretty much sums it up. "An American Tradition". It has NOTHING to do with this post - other than to highlight (now) that it is easy for one's good intentions to appear bad in a different light.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

AmBraCol wrote:
Bogie35 wrote:I don't mean to start any drama, but what was the reference to "Nath" about? It just seemed to be sort of condescending. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
bogie

That was my (apparently very weak) attempt at levity. Check out Nath's note about what the proper term for leverguns is. Well, Paco's title pretty much sums it up. "An American Tradition". It has NOTHING to do with this post - other than to highlight (now) that it is easy for one's good intentions to appear bad in a different light.
Thanks Paul. That clears it up. Can you delete my post for me? I don't want to start a ruckus. :)

bogie
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Oh, man. What did I miss (again)...
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AmBraCol wrote:That was my (apparently very weak) attempt at levity. . . It has NOTHING to do with this post - other than to highlight (now) that it is easy for one's good intentions to appear bad in a different light.
Ahh, you're so humble - we all know you did that on purpose as a 'teaching tool'... :wink:

I keep waiting for YK to start a cabin-fever post like last year's one on 'nice pairs' - only this time maybe up it to three of a kind, or full house, or whatever...the only problem is he only has two feet so he'd have to come up with more slippers.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

If I went a little over the top with Nath's post Nath------------I apologize.
I edited it. Sometimes I just type what I would just say to your face while having a beer with you and busting you a little! I tend to think of everyone on here as friends but sometimes the way things come across over the net isn't really the way I mean it. (Guess I need to work on this some)
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

BTTT

After just reading" pages 3 and 4 of Topic Let Me Get This Straight...??? (rant)

Thought I would bring this to the top.

Though I will choose my words more carefully if you could not tell the difference of my busting Nath than this
stuff I am missing somthing! Again myself,I will not Kid anyone on here anymore to avoid any possible hurt feelings.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Thanks for the reminder, Paul. There's lots of room for misunderstandings here. An internet forum is a poor method of communication when compared to a face to face/one on one conversation.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

It sounds "crystal clear" IMHO, Paul.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Could not agree more Paul.

I sure would like to know where I fit in all this though, got me beat!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Nath,

Let's just say-------- You are a fine man which is also a fine hunter, and I for one respect and value your thoughts on here.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Nath wrote:Could not agree more Paul.

I sure would like to know where I fit in all this though, got me beat!

Nath.
Just blame it on the strange workings of my mind. As I typed up "Leverguns, An American Tradition" the fact that you'd posted a topic about "who's right" on the subject popped into my mind. :idea: So I typed that in there for no other reason than the title of the book answers your question. WE'RE right. After all - it's OUR tradition. :) :D And I, for one, am glad to see you a part of it. Keep those hunting stories and pics a comin'!
Paul - in Pereira

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

No problem Paul but, I never implied the Brits are right or viser versa.

I informed folk on here what some Brits call leverguns and wished to explore etc.

I ended the post with "what say ye" not "so you have been corrected".

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

nemhed wrote:Thanks for the reminder, Paul. There's lots of room for misunderstandings here. An internet forum is a poor method of communication when compared to a face to face/one on one conversation.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Paul, you are right and as I just found out from NATH it is very easy to be misconstrued. Here all along I thought my answer was so funny and clever. NOT HARDLY EVIDENTLY !!!
I have aplogized to NATH privately and I do hope to do better in the future with my big mouth.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

How about a virtual shake of hands.

Shake shake anyone :lol:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Man, I LUUUUUVVVVV you GUYS!!!!

:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

I'll have a severe word with myself tonight.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Nath,
I would be proud to shake your hand friend!

Hobie,
I feel the LUUUUUVVVVV and am sending er right back your way.

Because I can't physically hug either of you guys, (or anyone else on here)my Lab Pup will have to do for now!
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Big group hug?? :D
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

If you are all done hugging can we get back to arguing?

Just kidding... Glad to be a part of this.

Sean
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

This thread got me to thinking about a sign I had on my office wall at work (long time ago now!!):

I KNOW YOU BELIEVE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU THINK I SAID, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALIZE THAT WHAT YOU HEARD IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: I keep waiting for YK to start a cabin-fever post like last year's one on 'nice pairs' - only this time maybe up it to three of a kind, or full house, or whatever...the only problem is he only has two feet so he'd have to come up with more slippers.
Hmmm, that gives me an idea! :lol:
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Nath wrote:How about a virtual shake of hands.

Shake shake anyone :lol:

Nath.
....shake yo booty!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

First time I ever saw Terry Murbach type without using all caps.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Stan, its a phase for TM and it will soon pass :lol: :lol: :wink:
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ofcourse there is a full moon don't ya know, can cause all sorts of weird stuff!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just ask What Would Blaine Do? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I tested out the Friend/Foe feature on the User Control Panel. If you mark someone as a Foe you basically don't see any of their posts. So if you have a person you continually have a problem with, just chose to electronically ignore them. I don't have anyone on my Foe list because I love everybody! :wink: :lol:
Senior Levergunner

Re: I'm a trial lawyer.

Post by 2571 »

I engage in vicious verbal exchanges every day. And, I enjoy what I do for a living.

But, I come here because this forum is usually a very civil place to discuss leverguns and other fireams.

There's a place for everything --I hope this remains a place for polite discussions.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

It wasn't me, I didn't do it, I wasn't there, I don't know anything it, don't blame me. :shock: :D Hey who is the culprit here?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Old Savage wrote:It wasn't me, I didn't do it, I wasn't there, I don't know anything it, don't blame me. :shock: :D Hey who is the culprit here?
That Miss Understanding again OS :roll:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

nemhed wrote:I tested out the Friend/Foe feature on the User Control Panel. If you mark someone as a Foe you basically don't see any of their posts. So if you have a person you continually have a problem with, just chose to electronically ignore them.
Good to know, I'll have to check that out.
NRA Life Member
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

TedH wrote:
nemhed wrote:I tested out the Friend/Foe feature on the User Control Panel. If you mark someone as a Foe you basically don't see any of their posts. So if you have a person you continually have a problem with, just chose to electronically ignore them.
If a few folks would mutually use that feature - we'd have a few less dustups 'round here...
Paul - in Pereira

flounderjig
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flounderjig »

Thank you for the heads up.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AmBraCol wrote:
TedH wrote:
If a few folks would mutually use that feature - we'd have a few less dustups 'round here...
Even Jesus got ired a time or two :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV