OT- Dell Comics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Dell Comics

Post by Gun Smith »

Back in the late 50's and early 60's Dell Comics published comic books with the current TV shows as their theme. Yesterday the wife and I took a drive and in one small town where we stopped we went into the local "antique" store. In one stall I found a pile of these old comics. On the cover of two issues I found "The Rifleman". One shows McCain holding the M. 92 with worn bluing, and the other copy shows the rifle with the beautiful reblue we did when I worked for the bluer. It kind of gave me smile to see something I had done 50 years ago on the front cover of a magazine.
The issues were in 1964. I looked on ebay this AM and only found 1950's and early 60's copies for sale. If you go to ebay and type in "dell comics the rifleman" it will take you to that site. Dell also did "Wagontrain", "Have Gun Will Travel", and several others, also on ebay. Prices were $10.00 to $100.00 per copy. The ones I looked through were $3.00 in that store on poor condition. I almost bought them to get the front covers for framing. Maybe I'll go back through there sometime and buy them. I'm sure they'll still be there.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT- Dell Comics

Post by Blaine »

When I was a young lad, a friend of a friend gave me a big cardboard box of old comics from the late forties and fifties. Maybe 3 or 400. When I was in HighSchool, Mom threw them away. :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One of the primary functions of women, aside from having babies,

is to THROW AWAY guy's stuff... :evil: :lol:

In my experience, the 'cooler' the stuff, the more eagerly it is disposed of. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

"One of the primary functions of women, aside from having babies,

is to THROW AWAY guy's stuff... :evil: :lol:

In my experience, the 'cooler' the stuff, the more eagerly it is disposed of. :| "

Yeah, tell me about it. My mom threw away my Dad's WW2 field jacket when I was about 10. :evil: That still irks the heck out of me.

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968