POLITICS - Here it is , exactly as predicted

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

POLITICS - Here it is , exactly as predicted

Post by jnyork »

A major push to restrict your gun rights via ammunition. This disease will spread rapidly across the nation, I fear.

http://www.capitolweekly.net/article...wu3cdm0y1c03to

Post by J Miller »

jnyork,

This: The resource you requested could not be found. Please try again later. is what I got when I tried to access your link. You suppose a lot of folks are hitting it?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Braveheart

Post by brucew44guns »

As I watched Mel Gibson play William Wallace again this morning, I could feel his rage, because my rights are being violated in different ways than his was, yet with the same degree of resentment as he felt, leading up to his finally taking matters closer to hand. How does a politician think he is going to be any big success by taking away peoples rights and freedoms? I can't even imagine anyone I personally know or in my family trying to legislate ammo out of existance as this yo-yo head in California is no doubt hopeful of doing in due time.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Oh that's just beautiful. What a load of garbage!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

deerwhacker444 wrote:See if this works....

http://www.capitolweekly.net/article.ph ... dm0y1c03to
deerwhacker444, thanks that worked.

You know some time back on the other forum I mentioned that this upcoming election was going to be the turning point for this country. If we get the right people in the white house we'll be OK, if we don't, this country and all it's greatness will go the way of Rome, and all the other great (not saying good) empires.
WE, THE PEOPLE MUST BE DISARMED for this country to fall. I've noticed a tremendous push in the last year or so from the anti-freedom groups, which includes much of our own government, to get any and all anti-gun, ammo, freedom, hunting, laws passed.
Now since the pro-gun orgs have fought off many of these attacks, they've changed tactics. Sort of like a guerrilla band using sneak attacks to keep the organized army off balance.
We are outnumbered, off balance, out witted, and divided. We have pro-gun orgs that are in bed with the enemy, and pro-gun orgs that will not negotiate. And their members are fighting amongst themselves instead of fighting the anti-gun, anti-freedom, anti-American groups.

I don't think voting for the lesser of the two evils will cut it this year. And I don't know who to trust anymore. Every one of the candidates are potential traitors or patriots, but is the best one even going to be on the ballot?

Personally, if something very radical doesn't happen, this country is in deep ........... brown smelly stuff.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

joes statements

Post by brucew44guns »

Joe is thinking today. If we lose our gun rights to the likes of those who desire to take them, the far reaching implications are ominous for our very way of life, maybe including our lives. Who wants to live like the people in most gun free societies? The list of candidates I look at every day like yourselves do, is putrid on the side of freedom. Casper Milk Toasts every one. How we need a rescue from someplace. An Obama president?, gag me.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

That's democracy for ya'!

Take part or die. I know less than fifty people who vote, and I get around... 8)
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

These friggn people that run this state are unbelievable. How can this NOT be construed to NOT infringe on my right to bear arms? Well I guess I better get my keyboard warmed up.

By the way, I'm saving that web page on my hard drive before they pull it. Some of these online papers do NOT want gun owners getting ANY heads up on what's headed their way.
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

J Miller
There are no "right people" The turning point has occurred without notice election or not . I can't believe George let us down like he did. If that doesn't tell us where we're at, nothing will . A case in point where you can't trust either side. Gunners' fate has been decided , all that's left is to wait long enough for it to be carried out , whoever is in power. Corrupt governments can not let us run around with weapons. And yes we are in decline as an empire. We will follow the steps of great brittain. The western civilization's hegamony will give way to the new superpower on the scene in the east, China. What are we going to do if they come for our guns, "pop a cop". I don't think so. If you think about the context of history there is no other way it can go. no since in worrying about what you can't do anything about. We as a nation are not immune to the mechanics of the evolution of governments. Ron Paul gets my vote. But as you can see I'm pes·si·mis·tic.
Dark days
spurgon

I forgot to put on my flame suit.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

What a load of stuff. If we as gun owners were smart, we would petition the ammunition manufacturers to stop selling to the state of California period. It's costing them alot of money to micro stamp a darn casing. Look what happened with Ronnie Barrett. No more 50 bmg's for California LE's after the stuff they pulled. I say stop selling ammo and guns their. Even to Law Enforcement. Cut them off and see how things turn out. Hell, if you look on gunbroker, there are alot of sellers now that won't even sell a muzzle loader to anyone in California. Maybe when their cops run out of ammo, they will wise up and get off their high horse
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Mich hunter wrote:What a load of stuff.
+1
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The DC is a federal district, so you're saying stop selling ammunition to the federal government.

I'm sure that would work out well.

:shock:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
waz
Levergunner

Post by waz »

welcome to our world. Must produce your licence to buy ammo. I can't even get my wife to pick it up.

W
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

yeah, how do you guys think i feel, i have to live in this god forsaken state at least for now that is. ive been a bush supporter from day one and have defended the guy on all accounts until now. now i say go ahead and impeach him and all the rest for trying to destroy the bill of rights. the administrations's brief to the supreme court had done it for me.
g rice
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

the assault will continue and will get worse...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

Amazing, just amazing. They are trying to pour perfume on a skunk and tell you it doesnt stink with this statement. "But it would also create for the first time a fee-supported handgun registration card through the state DOJ. Ricker said such a card would provide gun owners with some protections — especially those who sell a gun only to find out it was used in a crime several years later. “We want gun owners to be able to know which guns are listed under their name in case problems come up later."

I had to interact with Sen. Carole Migden, D-San Francisco, a few weeks back. She's a real work of art. She caused a traffic accident cause she was using her cellphone while driving then tried to use her title and position to get out of the ticket. The cop didnt back down though and it made the news.

And here they are again, compromising our rights. "The National Rifle Association and several other gun-rights groups were opposed to the original version. However, some of those opponents may back off of a revised version."
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

FWiedner wrote:The DC is a federal district, so you're saying stop selling ammunition to the federal government.

I'm sure that would work out well.

:shock:
I doubt the Feds buy the ammo in DC Fweid. :lol:
But it would screw up the cops that are so willing & eager to enforce a law so obviously wrong & illegal.
I'v always felt that if the powers that be really think a gun free society is such a ducky isea they ought to lead by example. No more armed security & let the police in those areas carry night sticks & mace. If night sticks & mace are too vicious for the people then they ought be off limits too. We point at the UK in wonder but at least they disarmed their public servants before their public.
Far as I'm concerened if my municipal employees can carry guns the citizens sure can.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

J Miller wrote:
deerwhacker444 wrote:See if this works....

http://www.capitolweekly.net/article.ph ... dm0y1c03to
deerwhacker444, thanks that worked.

You know some time back on the other forum I mentioned that this upcoming election was going to be the turning point for this country. If we get the right people in the white house we'll be OK, if we don't, this country and all it's greatness will go the way of Rome, and all the other great (not saying good) empires.
WE, THE PEOPLE MUST BE DISARMED for this country to fall. I've noticed a tremendous push in the last year or so from the anti-freedom groups, which includes much of our own government, to get any and all anti-gun, ammo, freedom, hunting, laws passed.
Now since the pro-gun orgs have fought off many of these attacks, they've changed tactics. Sort of like a guerrilla band using sneak attacks to keep the organized army off balance.
We are outnumbered, off balance, out witted, and divided. We have pro-gun orgs that are in bed with the enemy, and pro-gun orgs that will not negotiate. And their members are fighting amongst themselves instead of fighting the anti-gun, anti-freedom, anti-American groups.

I don't think voting for the lesser of the two evils will cut it this year. And I don't know who to trust anymore. Every one of the candidates are potential traitors or patriots, but is the best one even going to be on the ballot?

Personally, if something very radical doesn't happen, this country is in deep ........... brown smelly stuff.

Joe
Joe, that is simply spot-on. Very depressing, but 100% correct... :cry: