Best Recoil Pads

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Best Recoil Pads

Post by getitdone1 »

Is there a BEST recoil pad?

I bought and had a Limbsaver installed on my Browning A-Bolt 375 H&H. Reason I did this is when I first shot this gun I later had a slightly sore shoulder. That's no big thing but what made me go with the new pad is the back side of my shoulder was also sore. Never experienced that before. At the time I felt great after shooting 6 rounds and could have shot many more. Took one shot from the hip. Knew I'd have to hold gun as tight as possible or lose some skin. Well..lost a tiny bit of skin but have no problem doing it again--but not too often ! This A-Bolt only weighs 8 lbs minus ammo, scope, mounts and sling. That's light for a gun chambered for this cartridge with 9 lbs being typical. Long 26" barrel and still makes a ton of noise with hot reloads! Little too hot at times when testing loads. Seems to be an extra dimension to sound level when loading too hot and believe I've heard gun writers mention this.

So there's the Limbsaver, the Pachmayer Decelerator pad and what others that are especially good? Believe the new Winchester model 70 has a Decelerator on it from the factory.

Don
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Best Recoil Pads

Post by msmith1228 »

I put a Remington Supercell on my Remington 750. It seemed to do a lot better a lt better than the Limbsaver that it came with. Now I can easily go through a full box plus of the factory Nosler 225 gr ammo.

Mack
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Kickeze
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

my favorite:
http://www.beartooth-products.com/shop/ ... -kits.html

My one-range-day from-the-bench record is:
-- 4 boxes of .30-06
-- 4 boxes of .444 Marlin
-- 5 boxes of .375 Winchester

No shoulder pain whatsoever, no bruising. Eyeballs were dancing, but no pain.

Cheers,

Carl
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Any recoil pad could be the best.It all depends on the fit and length of pull.A nice soft pad
might feel good but make the stock too long.Shape of it may hang up on jackets or the material maybe too sticky or slippery.Depending on body type and type of shooting will
determine the pad.Something for the bench might not work hunting.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

mescalero1 wrote:Kickeze

+++++++++, also too. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Kick Eze is made of sorbothane. It is a solid pad made of the dense material. The sorbothane cells contract and expand under recoil. This causes a couple of things: It slows down the recoil velocity and displaces the energy wave over a broad area. This is pretty much how any recoil pad works but the mechanism is different. A Decelerator for instance uses hollow areas to collapse and expand in order to slow down the recoil velocity while the Limbsaver uses a chamber to accomplish the same thing. The Decelerator pad is a composite rubber material that stretches and comes back to neutral. The Limbsaver is a a material that deforms and re-shapes while also relying on compression and expansion of the material to spread the energy over a larger area. There is a pad made by Hi-Viz that works on the same principal as Kick-Eze but is made of a different, proprietary material. In my experience, the Kick-Eze offers the most reduction in felt recoil and is the most durable pad out of the aforementioned. I have others on some guns because they came that way or I just liked the look of a different one better and they all perform well enough to stop the beatings. But, the Kick-Eze definitely does it better and has more of an advantage as the recoil becomes greater.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'd take the advice for a Kick Eze and run to the bank with it.
Old Law Dawg