Let's have some fun with names

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

20 cows, I grew up in southern Colo., we ran 56 1/2 sections. Which normally translated to about 400 mother cows. A lot of ridin.....no beef.
Dont hang your head for nobody.
Sorry, to get back to the thread, My teacher in HS asked where I was one day , and was told "gon2shoot" It stuck.
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Its all to do with my prowess in the bedroom :lol: :lol:

seriously,

we are on a GUN forum and i come from the land DOWNUNDER.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Came to the forum looking for a price on an "old savage". :shock:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Every county in Montana is numbered its the first numbers you will see on a Montana lic plate. 56 county is Lincoln county. danny
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Real name James, in the phone books they put Jas to save space. Old buddy looked up my number one day, saw him later that night at a party. He gave me hell for not telling him my real name was Jas (Jaz), everyone cracked up and the name stuck. Keep it same on all the sites so people can check out positive feedback, etc, on all. Sometimes Jazman23, but it's still me.
Jim
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Winjester
Levergunner 1.0

Let's have some fun with names

Post by Winjester »

I took the name Winjester because I love old Win. leverguns, and I like to joke around. 24 years in the old Navy will make you that way. BTW, speaking of names, I served with a Navy Corpsman whose name was Richard Smith! Honest!
I know that alot of you are scratching your heads right now thinking what's that crazy *** talking about, but you old salts will figure it out.
Winjester
God Bless America!
Papa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Papa »

Because I have five beautiful grandkids! :D

God's gift for not killing my own kids while they were growing up! :lol:

But I had a habit of taking care of people since the early days and had picked up the name Papa for that as well.

Shoot straight
Be safe
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

I play and collect Gibson Flying V guitars, and it's also my knickname.
mudgunner49
Levergunner

Post by mudgunner49 »

Field artillery (mudgunner) as opposed to air defense artillery (birdgunner), and my unit affiliation...
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

My SASS alias because I own some property on the headwaters of the Cimarron River in northern New Mexico and plan to live there soon. And once upon a time I had red hair.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

RKrodle. Yeah I know :roll: I could'nt think under pressure on the first forum I signed up on. :D

Ricky
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I'd imagine one would choose to be called a "cattleman" because there was a nasty and long-standing tradition of shooting "sheepherders".

:lol:
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Usually use Tango4c: (Tango-Four-Charlie) my radio callsign during my south-east asian spell or Paratus: my regiment's motto.

Here, no imagination at all - :wink:
JNG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JNG »

Why I use JNG? When I was a Radioman in the Navy, I worked with transmitters. To communicate with radio center you used an orderwire (two teletypes conected). I was using JR as my "chops" at the end of a message. Then a new 1st Class transfered aboard. He used JR. I was told "Joe your chops are no good, change them". So there we have it. Joe No Good. JNG.[/b]
charleton
Levergunner

Post by charleton »

J Miller wrote:J Miller is what I use, because it's who I am. No imagination :oops: :roll:

Joe
Likewise. I find charleton easy to remember.

Gene.

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Finally......full disclosure :P
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

Henry-the first name of my mom's dad. Great fisherman and bird hunter. Gone 20 years.

McCann is my dad's mother's maiden name. She was the finest grandmother anyone could ask for. Made the best cinnamon rolls on the planet. I still miss her.
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

The name's Gerald or Gerry. The handle goes back to my muzzleloader targeting days. I was either older or younger than any one else so some called me Old Ger and some Ger Boy. I've aged a bit since then but Old Ger was taken when I signed up so I just combined the two.
45Spades
Levergunner

Post by 45Spades »

I play poker and shoot 45's.
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

I wonder how many on this forum are living south of the border.

Born with the family name of Osborne in High School I and my male cousins were Ozzy. The students here, when I worked, were calling me Mr. Ozzy or Mr. Oz or Ozzie Osbourne that is the OZ part. Nothing to do with Austrailia. I've been living in Bolivia for over 20 years.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The admin is in Columbia, Paul is a missionary. Antonio Machado is a Brazilian (and I hope he's found us). We used to have a fellow in Venezuela but due to crs (not our CRS) his name/handle escapes me. There are more.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

G,G,Granfather was in the Second Ohio Vol. Cav. It was that or 3rdIVC that my other G,G,Grandfather was the Third Indiana Vol. Cav.

They were all farmers and horsemen back then. The cavalry was a natural choice. Though I have several other cousins and uncles that were in the artillery and infantry. The 2ndovc was formed very close to where I live and I know I would have signed up too!

:D
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Just needed something I could remember, so used my Initials. Besides , ceb, sounds much better than my real first name!!
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

When I first went online and needed a handle, a nickname my sweetheart suggested came to mind. Something about being cuddly like Winnie the Pooh and having teeth/claws like Tigger.... I like the studly Tigger part. I don't have Pooh's belly; not yet anyway...

Having the imagination that I do, I've used the same name ever since.

:roll:
Last edited by Poohgyrr on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Cuz I was.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote:Finally......full disclosure :P
Tubby, now I "KNOW" why you use Tubby. It must have taken you till sixth grade to learn how to spell that :wink:
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Horsesoldier03 is a name that I started using on the internet for the forums that I belong to. I originated while I was the NCOIC for a Ceremonial Cavalry Unit that replicates the 1850s to 1870s era of the cavalry.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Remember the movie Last of the Moheckens, I think I first come up with that, trying to find a name for an old AOL username that didn't require some oddball combination of numbers and letters. So I though of that movie and tried that name and it worked. I have never had a problem anywhere with someone beating me to the draw when using that name.

And I kinda like it. Maybe I am one of the last of the Moheckens. :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Horsesoldier03 is a name that I started using on the internet for the forums that I belong to. I originated while I was the NCOIC for a Ceremonial Cavalry Unit that replicates the 1850s to 1870s era of the cavalry.
You were NCOIC of that unit? TOOO COOOL!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jfwlb
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Let's have some fun with names

Post by jfwlb »

Mine is pretty easy. I took my initials and the initials of the city I live in. It started as my email address when I first started using the internet in the early 90's and I have been using it ever since.

JFW= John Franklin Wheeler

LB= Long Beach

=jfwlb
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

My initials = AJ, My job = MD,

and since they always want "numbers or characters in addition to letters of the alphabet,"

44 Mag JHP = 0.429" (my first centerfire handgun).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Holy Moly! How did this get resurrected?

Q
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

After retiring and relocating to a small farm here in NW Arkansas, I got into the meat goat farming business, and it, having drained my savings, has taken over my life as well, ... or so my wife tells me quite frequently. Started with it a little more than three years ago and have a loose partnership with old friends in New Mexico who are moving this way as soon as they sell their place there. The female of that pair calls me Goat Guy whenever she phones to chat and her husband and my wife have picked up on it. I suppose it will stick as I have become somewhat "infamous" with family members and friends due to my goat passion. Also, I'll admit it suits my nature somewhat.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
GANJIRO

Re:

Post by GANJIRO »

GANJIRO wrote:Nick name Mom gave me, at least the Jiro part but friends call me Ji (GEE), the Gan part was added by me as tradition dictates a young man to take on a new name when reaching manhood, Jiro being traditional name for second son, and Gan has many meanings the foremost implying preseverance. I'm hanging in there! Gan can also mean cancer, and my mom soon after giving birth to child number 4 started feeling ill, and felt a hard lump growing in her belly she thought for sure she had gan or a tumor. She went to the docs for a exam and got the worse news, she was pregnant again (with me! i'm 11 month junior to my sis). Been causing her a belly ache ever since. I like the double meaning :lol:
When I made this original post both my Mom & Dad were still alive. My mother passed away in my arms 3 days later on the forth of April. Rest in peace Mom & Dad. :cry:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Mine is simple. I am a pharmacist, one of the pillers of society. Maybe a pillar, maybe not, but piller can be proven. Postings elsewhere have been under the boyhood name of a mythical Irish hero who was half Sidhe, but here is the only place I post anymore due to time constraints.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

MIne came from the late 80s Needed an Alias for SASS. At the time I was a licensed falconer and kept hawks for hunting , I also wore a blue uniform every day for work. Blue hawkman had a nice sound to it for SASS but it was a little to long so it was shortened to just Bluehawk. Popped into my mind when I needed a screen name here. I use it now, on all the forums I visit so there is no doubt who it is .
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

I like "punny" names such as:

Ben Dover (Bend Over)
Sarah Bellum (Cerebellum)
Adam Baum (Atom Bomb)

and

Noah Zark (Noah's Ark)

of course.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Re:

Post by AndyM »

J Miller wrote:J Miller is what I use, because it's who I am. No imagination :oops: :roll:

Joe
Me too - AndyM is really who I am
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wait just a minute here - I recognize you Vader - what exactly do you think you are trying to pull?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Uh, that to which I aspire to when hunting: One . Shot . One . Kill .
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Uh, that to which I aspire to when hunting: One . Shot . One . Kill .
I use different screen names on different forums based on favorite cars I have owned during my life. My first and most beloved car was a 1966 GTO that I got in 1966 when I was a senior in high school. Many memories in that car. Unfortunately I no longer have it.

It probably would have been more appropriate to use a name on a gun forum based on one of my current favorite, a Dodge Magnum (Hemi)!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

Um...........because I'm a lover of the .44??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

44 (Jeff Pitts)
“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by moodyholler »

moodyholler the name of my farm in West Virginia. Came from my Aunt Lottie and Uncle Moody and sits down in a Holler. moodyholler
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I have been using "sobenk" which was an anagram I used in a college class. It has no real meaning.

But that was so long ago and I no longer have any connection to it, I decided to change it, unfortunately causing Hobie all kinds of grief. Now that I'm 50 years old and do a lot of climbing, and I'm speaking some Spanish, I'm going as "El Chivo" - "The Goat".
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

Old Savage wrote:Wait just a minute here - I recognize you Vader - what exactly do you think you are trying to pull?
my wife thinks I joined the dark side when I turned 18 and could start buying guns on my own.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
reo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by reo »

Nickname.
Last edited by reo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Name of the tribe and reservation where I grew up, south central New Mexico
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re:

Post by AmBraCol »

Hobie wrote:The admin is in Columbia, Paul is a missionary. Antonio Machado is a Brazilian (and I hope he's found us). We used to have a fellow in Venezuela but due to crs (not our CRS) his name/handle escapes me. There are more.

And the webservant is a missionary in ColOmbia... and also is named Paul... quite a coincidence, eh?

:) :-D :mrgreen:
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Re:

Post by Old Ironsights »

AmBraCol wrote:
Hobie wrote:The admin is in Columbia, Paul is a missionary. Antonio Machado is a Brazilian (and I hope he's found us). We used to have a fellow in Venezuela but due to crs (not our CRS) his name/handle escapes me. There are more.

And the webservant is a missionary in ColOmbia... and also is named Paul... quite a coincidence, eh?

:) :-D :mrgreen:
Yeah... but did you get hit in the head and go blind first?.... :wink: :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Can't believe I missed this one the first time around! The "Ysabel Kid" (pronounced "sa-bel", rhyming with "cable" - without the "y") was one of the primary characters in the "Floating Outfit" western series by English author JT Edson. The character, half Irish, quarter Comanche, and quarter French-Creole was the scout for the floating outfit. A friend of mine got me started on the series when we were in high school because the character reminded him of me (my ancestry, how I dressed, my favorite armaments and my general outlook on life).