OT: Vietnam casualty virtualwall

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Vietnam casualty virtualwall

Post by J Miller »

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

I'll make no political comments about this, if we keep that to ourselves maybe this won't get shuffled over to the grave yard in the political section.

Looking at the list for Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, area literally had me crying. I know there are guys from my high school who did not come home alive.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Vietnam casualty virtualwall

Post by BigSky56 »

Joe all my heroes died over there, may all that died RIP. As a side note I wish I could get to mousy tongue's grave I drive a pipe down in it and pissith down it. danny
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I am in Baltimore on biz right now and was able to go to DC yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. The only thing i really wanted to see was The Wall. (but i walked around for a bit afterwards and saw a couple other things too)

It was a sobering experience. Tears literally started welling up as i got closer and closer to those massive hunks of black granite. It was raining lightly and the engravings were almost illegible unless you ran your fingers across the wall.
----- Doug
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Thanks, Joe.

It's a reminder of the sheer numbers of folks lost due to war 'in the old days'. Today's wars are still grim and awful, but casualties are fewer per day. Dunno if that means we're doing something right, or just lucky.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Thanks for posting, Joe!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife just looked up one of her child hood friends. He was 16 days into his tour when he was killed. Very sad.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Post by afish4570 »

Thanks for posting....Opens up old wounds even though I got out before the late 60's. Found a few names and they won't be forgotten.afish4570 :( :(
afish4570
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Thanks Joe.....Never Forget.....

jumbeaux
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I remember the first time I visited the wall, I'm not ashamed to say that I completely broke down when I found the names of some fine men I knew were listed there. I made it out and they didn't but in a way we're all still there.

I WILL NEVER FORGET.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

it took me MANY years to visit it when the traveling wall came near where i now live.

i made it back home safely...some that i served with did not.

i still see those faces.

I'm glad i did, though...i now understand more than i did as a young man going thru it.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

It is very sobering. At the Australian War Memorial in Canberra there are walls bearing the name of every serviceman killed in actual combat in every war and Police action we have been involved in (as opposed to those dying afterwards from war caused injury and disease).

I have viewed it on many occasions and find it as sobering as I did the first time.

I have seen your Vietnam commemoration on TV, and wish to see it when I eventually get to Washington DC. It looks quite amazing.