scope mount

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Levergunner 2.0

scope mount

Post by .45 »

Never seen anyone mount one like this before.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =165800304
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Re: scope mount

Post by Hillbilly »

My Dad had some see throughs similar to that on a pre 64 Winchester he scoped ...well, pre 64. I think they are Weavers, he had a K4 on his carbine.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One of my favorite deer rifles (1894 44 Mag) wears those rings. The backup is a barrel-mounted 'peep' normally used as the rear sight on the Ruger Ranch Rifle; they cost about $14 or so, and in that position are actually quite useable in the field for accurate shooting. I got to where I preferred the 'peep' sights, and used the SCOPE for 'backup' when the light started to fade just before shooting hours end.

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

That is just WRONG.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's a peep-through, to give you the choice of shooting the irons in close - haven't seen one of those since I was a kid - I think Sears sold them.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

I'm not talking about what they used, but rather how they did it. Never seen both rings behind the elev. and windage adj. and it appears to me that the windage adj. is on top and the elev. adj. on the side. Other wise looks like a nice gun.
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.