OT - Great pistol sights for bad eyes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Great pistol sights for bad eyes

Post by jdad »

I have held off buying handguns because my eyes can't see the front sight. Yesterday I handled a Sig Equinox and things have changed. Sig mounts a TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic (TFO) sight system that even a near blind person could use. Just have to save up cash or stop buying old Marlin's. :D
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Great pistol sights for bad eyes

Post by mescalero1 »

I have added these tru glow to a few existing pistols, BIG difference for me.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I will tastefully refrain from regailing you with some of the salty comments I've been receiving for the past many years I've been using various FO sights from the likes of TruGlo/Williams/HiViz/etc. ;) :)

COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Take a look at the Ruger V-Notch rear sight that you can buy as an option for the adjustable rear sights. Then you can get a large white front bead if you want.

Personally I would not give you a nickel for the plastic fiber optic sights. But to each his own. I have seen far too many of them break. And at the wrong time. Tom.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Maybe the exposed FO sights are fragile but the TFOs are surrounded by steel and therefore well armored.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

I have TFOs on my XD Subcompact 9mm... you will not regret it... they're the best sights out there right now... so bright that in daylight or total darkness you can line them up with peripheral vision and point-shoot while looking OVER them with some surprisingly decent accuracy... in between those two the brightness isn't sufficient to do that, though good enough for aimed shooting... of course, you can also use them the traditional way for greater accuracy under all lighting conditions.

Hay
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution