OT - my memory is going

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - my memory is going

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, there was a discussion here half a year or so ago about the relative merits, or rather, total lack of merits, of the Colt AR15 in .22LR. Was it the Colt or another maker? I seem to remember that someone on GunBroker was selling half a dozen of these for a starting bid of a $0.01 with no reserve, but advertised them as "tent stakes" or "tomato posts", etc., because they had all been returned and he couldn't get them to work properly.

Again, I'm pretty sure it was the Colt, but with everyone who has jumped in that game recently, now I can't remember for sure.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - my memory is going

Post by awp101 »

It was the Colt's. I still don't know if it was a bad run or what. Most of the reviews I've seen from owners are positive except for the goofy looking mag.

Bad memory? What was the question again? :roll:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

If your in the market for a dedicated 22lr best bet would be Spikes Tactical :D I bought the dedicated upper and it runs on Wally World's 550 pack. Built like a tank and runs great. I gent at the range had a S&W AR-15 in 22lr. The gun was plastic :shock: It looked like and felt like a toy! Lot's of fun those 22lr AR15's!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don't they have conversion kits for .22LR? I know the Army had them back in the '80s....we used them in an experimental short range Qualification...that pretty much sucked and didn't work out, but the conversion kit actually ran in the M16 (semi only) better than the real thing.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

you just posted this same question last week
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Funny I haven't heard the term tomato stake in a long time, we must all be old fanny burbs no-one else knows what that is ;)
I bought a S&W 15-22 and a Sig 522 they are just a gas the kids love them.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

One of my friends purchased a "Umarex Colt M4" .22LR. Something in the back of my head was flashing the ol' warning alert. I'll have to see what his experience with it has been.

I have a Ceiner conversion for mine. Nothing like a bit of flexibility! :D