Winchester Model 73's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester Model 73's

Post by KCSO »

Well I am in it now. I have 3 Winchester M73 to reline and repair. I just fioinished the first one a round barrel 22 rifle. Had to reline, repair the lift lever that some dufus had to slobber up with braze and weld and machine new firing pins on the breech block. I didn't have a sample for the breech block so it was fit and try but I have it working now. The curious thing is that the carrier had an adjustable shell stop and it looks like it was made to shoot both shorts and longs. The new barrel is chambered for shorts only as that was what the owner wanted but I did try longs with the stop in the rear most position and it looks like it will work. I have an octogan 22 to do yet and then I start on the 44-40, at least with the centerfires modern parts can be adapted. The 22 short 73 is kinda fun to shoot but pretty much useless, as heavy as it is it holds steady offhand.