POLITICS - FRED AIN'T QUITTIN' YET

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - FRED AIN'T QUITTIN' YET

Post by Rebel1972 »

I was just on Friends of Fred and the word is Fred is not dropping out yet.There is a poll on fox news asking if you think he should drop out.Please go and vote no . http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Fred may pull off the surprise of the century. You know the press hates him and the dems are terrified of him, otherwise they'd be all over his campaign. So, based on that info alone he's the very best candidate that straight, normal, red-blooded Americans can vote for.

I think he has a shot because the delegates to the convention aren't obligated to vote for a particular candidate. If it keeps going like it is, with four or five buttheads splitting the votes, the convention will wind up brokered and in that scenario Fred Thompson makes all the rest of the jerks look like immature imbeciles. He's the only grown-up in the bunch.

The only reason there's a poll running about Fred dropping out is that the loser-coalition is terrified that he won't.

JM(0)bservation

Grizz
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

the funny thing is Guliani hasn't made a decent showing yet ,and they aren't calling for him to pull out
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I heard today that some guys from the FDNY are heading to Florida to spread the word about what "Mr. 911" is really like. Hopefully they'll be able to help end Rudy's campaign right there. :twisted:
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

SmokeEater2 wrote:I heard today that some guys from the FDNY are heading to Florida to spread the word about what "Mr. 911" is really like. Hopefully they'll be able to help end Rudy's campaign right there. :twisted:
Yup. Trust me, you don't want Rudy as your president.
Slow is just slow.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I voted for Fred this Saturday, as did my wife. We were walking into the polling station with the kids in tow and it was packed. My 5-year old daughter asks me if she is allowed to vote, and I explained she wasn't old enough. You could see the gears turning in her head. Her next question was if her older brother - 9 - was old enough. "No, Gannon's not old enough either".

"Oh - you have to be 10?"

Later, when were were at the table having them check our registration (and driver's license - the way it should be), the poll worker asked the kids about voting. My daughter pipes up "you have to be ten to vote!". I quickly responded - "Not this week - the 10-years old vote next week!".

The poll worker gives me a knowing smile - I made his day!

(Here in SC, the GOP primary was this past Saturday; the jackass primary is next Saturday!).

I was disappointed by the totals. My fear is that Thompson will throw in the towell and support his close friend - McCain. May even agree to be his running mate. McCain is no friend of guns, nor of the Constitution. He would be one sliver - maybe - better than any of the Dems - but not much... :evil:
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Ysabel Kid wrote: My fear is that Thompson will throw in the towell and support his close friend - McCain. May even agree to be his running mate. McCain is no friend of guns, nor of the Constitution. He would be one sliver - maybe - better than any of the Dems - but not much... :evil:
One would then wonder why you would pull the lever for Fred then?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

El Mac wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote: My fear is that Thompson will throw in the towell and support his close friend - McCain. May even agree to be his running mate. McCain is no friend of guns, nor of the Constitution. He would be one sliver - maybe - better than any of the Dems - but not much... :evil:
One would then wonder why you would pull the lever for Fred then?
I thought SC would give him a win and rejuvenate - heck, just start - his campaign. Most the folks in line at the polling station where I voted were "Fred Heads".
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

I find him a rather big disappointment. Its like he stood around waiting to be corronated.

The repubs have definitely lost their way. It will take a few years to recover from their lack of vision and leadership lapse.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Last edited by SmokeEater2 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Heard around 2:30 eastern, Fred is quitting due to his mothers sudden poor health, no other report and no info on who he will support.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Yep, Fred dropped/withdrew from contention this afternoon. :cry:
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

The question is, will he be VP?
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

From what Ive seen on his website he has no interest in VP or a cabinet appointment .Well boys ,I believe it's time to get rid of my guns,Cause there sure as HELL ain't another pro gun candidate .That just took the wind outta my sails.Believe I'll go get drunk and listen to George Jones and Hank Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I would hope he wouldn't be the VP. Personally I don't think his health is good enough. That might have been part of his problem with the Presidential bid. there just wasn't any fire in the furnace. Don't get me wrong I was really enthused when I heard he was running. I just never did feel like he put his all behind the effort. But then he might have put everything he had behind it, he just didn't have enough.
Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

I don't think it's his health. I think it's pretty clear he just didn't want it, if he had he would have worked a LOT harder to get it but he didn't. I think we need a president that has the drive to get the job done, and someone who really wants the job and frankly that wasn't him.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I have to agree with Jazman. I don't think his heart was ever in it. He didn't have the stomach for serious campainging or debates. Not the man you want for President, although I had high hopes!

Bummer.

:cry:

-Tutt
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I am so thoroughly disappointed... Like Hobie, Fred was my pick from before he started running. I don't see him agreeing to a VP spot, though I am sure McCain will ask him. If he wasn't enthusiastic enough about running for President, I can't see him being enthusiastic about campaigning for someone else - even a friend (to him) like McCain, and that is pretty much what the VP does - campaign. Besides, he's taken enough of a hit money-wise compared to what he could be making. He'll probably return to Law & Order or do other character-actor roles.

Argh...
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

I was really down about it last night .After a good night's rest and a little moonshine .I think I have it narrowed down to Mitt or Ron .I'm gonna have to study both of them and see.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

This is fast coming down to a " Which one of these yahoos won't take my guns" issue for me. The only two that have been consistent supporting the 2nd Amendment are Huckabee and Paul.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

The important thing is that we stick together and keep Billery and Osama out. Whomever gets the GOP nomination has to be an improvement over those two.