OT: What's The Worst Beer In The World??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: What's The Worst Beer In The World??

Post by Chas. »

Owwww. So many conosours here. My favorite is what's in my neighbor's fridge. The worst I've ever tasted was in a strip joint 30 years ago - Pearl.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Chas. wrote:Owwww. So many conosours here. My favorite is what's in my neighbor's fridge. The worst I've ever tasted was in a strip joint 30 years ago - Pearl.
When I was in ROTC at OU 23 years ago, we on the "Ranger Challange" team used to have "Bad Beer & Pizza" nights.

IIRC it was mostly Red Label and Pearl. Whichever it was, the object was to wake up the next noon and see what we wrote with the pictograms under the bottle caps... :twisted: :shock:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

+1

I make a Pumpkin Porter and an Espresso Stout that will knock your socks off.

spaceman[/quote]

I need to come over to your place for some beers.

Old Time Hunter, I thought Pilsner was a Bohemian beer ?

Pabst always gave me a headache. I never had a problem with Heilamans Old Style because it was naturaly Krausened. Meaning all carbonation came from the fermentation process no CO2 was injected to short cut the process. Heilamans Special Export was a rice beer like Bud. Didn't care for it.

If you like wheat beers try Linekugel's Sunset Wheat . It's not a standard wheat beer, that is probably why I like it.
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Back in the 80s I bought a book that rated beers from all over the world... I enjoyed trying all the different bottled kinds I could find.... The book rated Pilsner Urquell
as the best in the world... 1 bottle then cost me $3.50... Maybe because of the price the stuff had sat too long or something ... But it truly was the worst tasting stuff I ever tried...
Now when you get back in the boat from a couple of hours of ocean diving... Even an ice cold BUD is good for a couple of good gulps...But I recomend Fiji Beer if you're there diving..
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

BenT wrote:

Pabst always gave me a headache. I never had a problem with Heilamans Old Style because it was naturaly Krausened. Meaning all carbonation came from the fermentation process no CO2 was injected to short cut the process. Heilamans Special Export was a rice beer like Bud. Didn't care for it.

If you like wheat beers try Linekugel's Sunset Wheat . It's not a standard wheat beer, that is probably why I like it.
You are absolutely correct! It started in 1838 in the town of Plzen in what is now the Czech Republic because the local beer was so bad they imported a gentleman from Bavaria:

They hired Josef Groll, a Bavarian brewer, to come to Plzen and teach them the German lagering method of brewing. Legend holds that in 1840 a monk smuggled some of the precious lager yeast out of Bavaria. Whether this is the case or not, when Groll arrived in Plzen there was a supply of lager yeast available. He also found a nearby source of excellent Saaz hops, a Noble variety of hops that he would have been familiar with from Germany. The brewers of Plzen had a well that supplied very soft water. With caverns carved for lagering in the local sandstone, the stage was set for lager brewing.

All beer falls into one of these two categories - Ale or Lager

The brewing processes of the two different kinds of beer - lager, cold and efficient; and ale, warm and complex - result in very different final products. Although both are beer, the two are as different as red and white wines. Lagers are clean, refreshing beers with typically light aroma and flavor. They are invariably served cold and can pair easily with a wide variety of food. Ales are complex, flavorful beers. Many are served closer to room temperature and contain rich aroma and flavor.

Popular ales and lagers
Ales
•Barley Wine
•Bitter
•Brown Ale
•India Pale Ale
•Pale Ale
•Porter
•Stout
•Wheat Beer

Lagers
•Bock
•Dunkel
•Oktoberfest/Maerzen
•Pilsner

Hope this helps Ben
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Budweiser isn't even a BEER!
Budweiser is the official "beer" of the World Cup. They paid 40 million for the monopolistic, um, "honor" even before beer loving Germany was selected as host.
German beer lovers are, to put it mildly, ticked off. You see, in Germany, Budweiser isn't even considered beer. There are beer purity laws there that define beer as a beverage consisting only of malt, hops and water. Budweiser uses the adjunct rice as a fermentable that increases alcohol without adding taste. This allows the manufacturer to use fewer hops, because in beer the bitterness of hops are used to balance the sweetness of the malt.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

IRON CITY BEER from Pittsburgh is the WORST I've ever had!!

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
turnkey
Levergunner 1.0

Post by turnkey »

The worst beer I ever remember was an Italian brand called "Nastazi"[spl?] that my buds and I tried in Naples on my first Med.cruise. All I can say is that those horses had kidney problems. :lol:
"Every day a holiday, every meal a feast, every paycheck a treasure."
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Old Time Hunter wrote:
BenT wrote:

You are absolutely correct! It started in 1838 in the town of Plzen in what is now the Czech Republic because the local beer was so bad they imported a gentleman from Bavaria:

They hired Josef Groll, a Bavarian brewer, to come to Plzen and teach them the German lagering method of brewing. Legend holds that in 1840 a monk smuggled some of the precious lager yeast out of Bavaria. Whether this is the case or not, when Groll arrived in Plzen there was a supply of lager yeast available. He also found a nearby source of excellent Saaz hops, a Noble variety of hops that he would have been familiar with from Germany. The brewers of Plzen had a well that supplied very soft water. With caverns carved for lagering in the local sandstone, the stage was set for lager brewing.

All beer falls into one of these two categories - Ale or Lager

The brewing processes of the two different kinds of beer - lager, cold and efficient; and ale, warm and complex - result in very different final products. Although both are beer, the two are as different as red and white wines. Lagers are clean, refreshing beers with typically light aroma and flavor. They are invariably served cold and can pair easily with a wide variety of food. Ales are complex, flavorful beers. Many are served closer to room temperature and contain rich aroma and flavor.

Popular ales and lagers
Ales
•Barley Wine
•Bitter
•Brown Ale
•India Pale Ale
•Pale Ale
•Porter
•Stout
•Wheat Beer

Lagers
•Bock
•Dunkel
•Oktoberfest/Maerzen
•Pilsner

Hope this helps Ben
You sure know your beer history. I've always perfered lagers over ales in my youth. My understanding was that lagers were bottom fermenting and ales were top fermenting .

Old Style brewery in Lacrosse kept beer in caves of the Mississippi river bluffs. I learned that from educational brewery tours. Now this isn't signs of a misspent youth , it was educational !
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

Pripps Blå is the Swedish candidate for the worst beer.

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Bud is OK, but the old Burgermeister that was sold out here was nasty. These days, I much prefer any product from Sierra Nevada Brewery, of Chico, CA. Pacifico from MX is also good, as is Newcastle Brown Ale from GB. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

The absolute worst is NONE.

Boy that Falstaff comment hurts since most of the family worked there from Gerisdeck to the time they closed.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

KCSO wrote:The absolute worst is NONE.

I don't agree with that :D

The absolute WORST even worse then Budwieser has to be warm or hot ANY kinda beer :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This post sure has been interestin', even if I can't taste a lot of your Beers and you can't taste a lot of mine.

We have a Coors Brewery not far from where I live, had a guided tour around it once.

I drink South American Brahma and Cusquena Larger quite often as most US brands, like Coors, are brewed over here and just don't taste the same.

English Ale, which I also greatly enjoy, varies so much from county to county, unless you drink the stuff from the big brewers, which can be pretty bland.

I agree with KCSO the absolute worst is NONE. :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Hands down the absolute worst beer I ever had was Viet Nam's warm "33" Beer! Even cold it tasted like diesel oil mixed with rice and mud. We use to gag it down in RVN back when I was young and swore when we got back to 'the world' we'd never touch it again.

I've kept my promise but my son just had to try it after hearing how bad it was. Not surprisingly, he hated it but I checked and it's an export version and reported to not be as bad as the original. However, the one he tried was cold so he didn't get the full impact.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I've traveled the Pacific and have sampled some pretty poor (read rank), beers... and after thinking about the subject for a few days, I believe I've determined the answer:

The worst beer is the one someone buys for you & you won't take a second sip of, even if it starts a fight!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Cruise & COSteve: ah!! "33 Export" -- ranks right down there with "Beer La Rue"....

And let's not forget "Tiger" brand.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Tried just about all the domestics and Mexican beers over the years.... Those rank from OK to "let's have another".

Bud---- (and wines with sulfides) all give me a killer headache....... I pass on all Bud products.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
waz
Levergunner

Post by waz »

Fosters is one of our biggest exports. ...Thank goodness because it's terrible.

Over here I like Boags. (of any type). but especially their Draught.

W
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

We loved Burgermeister as teens. (beer was legal for 18 year olds, then).

My buddy would phone me and say he was organizing a Burgie Brigade. This meant a beer drinking party was happening that evening.

I hardly ever drink alcohol anymore.

TR
Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Cruise wrote:Bud, "33" (as in Sunny Southeast Asia fame) and anything French (which is where "33" started).
Yes -
"Biere 33" was the label on the bottle. You asked for ba moui ba ("bah - mooey - bah" - the Viet number "33") as it was known in Viet Nam. Pretty bad stuff. The rumor was that it was half formaldehyde!

Another terrible one was "Rolling Rock" beer, ? made in Wisconsin ? as I remember. I have seen it in some stores, so I guess it still sells. Maybe they have worked up a better formula. If you left it sitting overnight, there was a layer of chlorine looking stuff seen through that distinctive green bottle. I always thought that is what they used because of the bad water they must have used to brew it.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Rolling Rock is made by Budweiser Brewing Co. For a light beer it's not bad. My wife use to like it until she came to appreciate unfiltered wheat beers.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jp
Levergunner

Post by jp »

Carling Black Label, better than ex-lax!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

I actually like Budweiser- I understand it is a rice beer= and that is why it is relatively watery.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Rolling Rock used to be a local beer in PA or Ohio... Bud must have bought them up since I last saw any (been awhile).

There was another East Coast brew called Mickey's.... we would save that for when the good stuff was gone.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Hillbilly wrote:Rolling Rock used to be a local beer in PA or Ohio... Bud must have bought them up since I last saw any (been awhile).

There was another East Coast brew called Mickey's.... we would save that for when the good stuff was gone.
Righto. If you do some Internet research, you find that it was brewed by the Latrobe Brewing Company in St. Louis, but it originally came from Pennsylvania. When I used to disparage the beer, I used to say that it was brewed with the waste water from the Pennsylvania paper mills, and the stuff floating on the top (after a couple of hours) was probably sawdust. Thus I remembered its origin.

And I remember when Mickey's came out. It tasted lousy, but its saving grace - and its only claim to fame at the time - was that it came in a "big mouth" container. That was popular with GI's and the college kids who wanted to blast it down; a clever gimmick. But lousy beer was lousy beer, back in my drinking days (now I don't imbibe).
papajohnabi
Levergunner

Post by papajohnabi »

Agree with the comments about "33" -- that was terrible stuff, but sometimes was all we could get in RVN. Surprised nobody mentioned Singha (a Thai beer). More hangovers with that stuff than I want to remember, but unfortunately, I do :lol: John
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

I'm going to agree with the OP, Primo beer in Hawaii... pretty bad. Also one I remember from my youth... Olympia Gold (Light). Tastes like water that was sitting in a can too long.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

When in our youth me and a buddy were very short on cash one summer night. Being the case we searched the local haunts like laundry machines and couches to come up with beer money. Think we ended up with a buck and a half or so. We ended up with a six-pack from the local store called "Black Label". Absolutely the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. Keep in mind that we were used to drinkin cheap beer like Milwaukee's Best and Shaffer's and yet found this beer (term used lightly) was completely undrinkable. Still makes me cringe.

LK
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Old Time Hunter wrote:Coming from a long line of Braumeister's, my Great-grandfather (my Dad's mom's father) was actually recruited as a Master Brewer from Germany and coupled with the fact most of my relatives deceased and/or living have made it their life's quest to sample ALL beers in copious amounts I will stand by the fact that any Pilsner not brewed to the German Purity Law, is feces. That said, Budweiser is the worst....
C. Cash wrote:This statement could probably get me hurt in a place like this, but I think the worst I've tasted is Budweiser. I just don't get it. Love most all the majors and just about anything thrown me, but that one beer tastes all wrong to me. The Milwaukee's Beast that we used to drink in the Army had to be a close second.
and
I believe that I'd rather go dry than drink Budweiser. The regular stuff in the red, white, and blue can.

I've tried swill that was generously called "beer" on 5 continents and that's the one I won't drink.
Which I agree with from my, kindaofasewer tastes, er...I mean connoisseur palate.

This is completely bogus, as all Milwaukee breweries followed the German Purity Laws and they never used rice or alternative grains in their Pilsners'.
IMO That title is shared with virtually all American Mass-Maket Beers.

For one thing Milwaukee ain't got a "best beer" it is all swill.

Of all American Mass Market Beers, only Michelob Amber Bock approaches drinkability, IMO.

Granted there are some small brewers such as Anchor, and Shiner who make some darned good beers.

In part my opinion comes from the fact that I don't like the light rice beers common to the major brewers, nor do I much care for the pilsners and laagers that make up the majority of American Mass Market Beers. I very much prefer the heavier, darker beers such as Stout, Porter, or Bock.

You can tell Doc does not have the palate of the northern European stock and has been "southern" fried with false information as to what is and is not a good Pilsner. That being said, Ale, Stout, Porter, and Bock are not really pure BEER but derivatives based on similar brewing techniques. To be honest my tastes actually run more to the wheat Ale, Stout, and then the Bock types also...but they are not considered a Pilsner nor Lager beer. I am just astronded by this comment "like the light rice beers common to the major brewers" as only one major United States brewery uses rice! Prior to prohibition all the Milwaukee breweries made beer the old German way that would yield at least a 5.5% alcohol content, generally the better ones of the time like Pabst, Blatz, Miller(Jacob Best), and Schiltz did not release their products until after full fermentation so the beer was substantially different then. After prohibition and caps were placed on alcohol content some Milwaukee breweries tried to have the fermentation process complete after sale and once the container was opened. Hence the reputation of PBR causing massive "hang-overs" as the beer would ferment in your gut over night and the full affect of the alcohol would come hours after that last bottle of that 12 pack you drank was long gone.

Prosit!

I don't claim to come from a long line of famous and fancy Brewmeisters. My folks were plain and simple moonshiners from the hills and hollers of Alabama, Georgia, and North Carolina, and from the hills of Scotland and Ireland before that. We ain't no fancy pants beer connoisseurs.

My palate might not be what YOU would call educated, but I do know some things.

One, Prohibition was a long time ago, and I seriously doubt if any major brewer even pays the slightest heed to the ancient Bavarian Beer Purity Laws. Their mantra is: Quantity, and Profit! Not: QUALITY!

Two, Milwaukee might once have made some good beer, but apparently that ended in 1919 with the coming of Prohibition. Today, Milwaukee ain't got a "Best" beer!

Three, Prohibition ended the major brewer's commitment to quality over quantity. Thirteen years of miserable homebrew, and bathhtub gin gave Americans a taste for crude quantity over refined quality and the major brewers served their market. They still do.

Nope, I'm no connoisseur, but I know what tastes good, and I know what tastes like it is fresh out of the horse,

I stand by my statement that virtually all Mass Market American beers are swill unfit for hogs.

If you like 'em you can have them! I'll stick with my Shiners, Guiness, or Anchor Stout, or the products of some micro-breweries.

BTW, IMO anyone who likes Milwaukee
s Best ain't a connoisseur either.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Well, Doc -

At least that's ONE good thing about California. I no longer consume alcoholic beverages; but I had a lot of "experience" in my younger years with various beers. And there are some really great products put out by a number of micro-breweries in this state - all over the state. I always liked the more "hoppy" selections, but we have the whole gamut here. As for the stronger content, they offer several brews with a higher alcoholic content that they then classify as "wine" to stay out of trouble with the "revenooers."
roundup
Levergunner 1.0

Post by roundup »

Blatz,(could get it in Chicago for $.99 an eight pack) Piels, Primo, Gerisdieck (greasydick),Bergie,Blitz Light (like making love in a canoe,....... near water) etc..
Happy Trails!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Code: Select all

there are some really great products put out by a number of micro-breweries
That is my point John!

The good stuff comes from smaller brewers and the big boys just turn out vast quantities of swill!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Doc Hudson wrote:

Code: Select all

there are some really great products put out by a number of micro-breweries
...The good stuff comes from smaller brewers and the big boys just turn out vast quantities of swill!
Agreed.
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Post by colo native »

Back in the 50's a beer was brewed in Pueblo Colorado called Walters Beer, it was a real cheep beer, water was taken out of the river by the sewer plant. It won a beer tasting contest, horse urine took second place...
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Has anybody tried "Billy Beer" - the stuff named after that genius brother of a former President? I'd nominate that one without even tasting it.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

The best beer in the world is the ice cold one I have in my hand and am drinking on a 90º + day.
ED
Yer never too old
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Dang Blaine, I can Pitcher your smiling Mug after getting this thread Brewing! I can hardly Hop to contribute to a subject that I Barley know anything about. Foam my Stein point, it all tastes like Schlitz!
crow
Levergunner

Post by crow »

Corona is like stagnant carbonated pond water...hilarious what good marketing can do.

In Oz, I quite like Fosters but not my favourite Ozzy beer.

We have a beer here called Crown Lager..considered a bit of the rich mans beer as it is one of the most expensive...please let me warn you now that it is utterly vile...again image seems to be everything with this beer.

I have a great dislike of wheat beers...but enjoy lagers and pilsners the most, rarely touch the bitter beers anymore. Guiness is very nice once the taste buds have got past the first couple mouthfulls.

Bud I did not like really, Lone Star was OK and Millers, but I really enjoyed Coors..unfortunately no longer imported into Oz. I thought Moosehead was quite nice as well.

Guys, New Zealand and Tasmanian beer is very nice as well if you get the chance.

Cheers
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

crow wrote:Corona is like stagnant carbonated pond water...hilarious what good marketing can do.

In Oz, I quite like Fosters but not my favourite Ozzy beer.

We have a beer here called Crown Lager..considered a bit of the rich mans beer as it is one of the most expensive...please let me warn you now that it is utterly vile...again image seems to be everything with this beer.

I have a great dislike of wheat beers...but enjoy lagers and pilsners the most, rarely touch the bitter beers anymore. Guiness is very nice once the taste buds have got past the first couple mouthfulls.

Bud I did not like really, Lone Star was OK and Millers, but I really enjoyed Coors..unfortunately no longer imported into Oz. I thought Moosehead was quite nice as well.

Guys, New Zealand and Tasmanian beer is very nice as well if you get the chance.

Cheers
I wonder if that's the same Crown beer that was made in Korea?...supposed to be the best there, as well....I sure didn't think so. I drank the OB beer (Oriental Breweries) great stuff....awful headache the next morning.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

I must be screwed up!
I REALLY like bitter beer now. :?:
At least as the label describes it "a Bold and Bitter Taste" its "India Pale Ale"from Dundee
Nothing else lately punches my ticket like several of those and some sea salted mixed almonds and cashews!
Maybe its mid-life crisis :o
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Well I'm late to the party (sorry, been busy as a hornet) but I'll vote for Carib Lager (Carribean), Meister Brau (cheap Wisconsin swill), and Budweiser (American version) as the worst examples of the art of brewing that I've ever tasted. And yes, I tried Billy Beer back in the day and while it wasn't good I'm pretty sure it was just run of the mill Falstaff or Schmidt which weren't great but...

As bad as Corona is (pretty poor) I have to say that Negra Modelo is my favorite beer in The States if it's fresh (usually is in Arizona) and when in Europe if I can find fresh Czech Budweiser I like that plenty.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

madman4570 wrote:I must be screwed up!
At least as the label describes it "a Bold and Bitter Taste" its "India Pale Ale"from Dundee
Nothing else lately punches my ticket like several of those and some sea salted mixed almonds and cashews!
Well, you oughta try St Pauli Girl's Special Dark :?

Our new beer store has a varied selection, so yesterday I picked out 8 beers I had never tried before. I tried the one mentioned above.

Whew..it smelled like skunk as soon as I opened it...and tasted worse. That's the first beer I've poured out in over 30 years (maybe in my life.)
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

And let me add that this Stella Artois stuff that's all the rage in The States now is pure junk. Yeesh, absolutely horrible.

Sorry, back to yer bitters!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

madman4570 wrote:I must be screwed up!
Trust me your not.(screwed up) I had a Sheltie, gave him the best filtered water around, 1st thing he'd do after a rainstorm is go to the scummiest, dirtiest, nastiest lookin' water and spend 10 minutes sniffin' and drinking it. After 48 years of life, I started try'ing every CHEAP beer (pricewise) I could find.I understand WHY my dog did that.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Budwiesser if I have spelled it correctly is the worst p**s in the World.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

the telegraphist wrote:Budwiesser if I have spelled it correctly is the worst p**s in the World.

Around here we call it ButtWiper - if I have to explain it, you never tried it. :(
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I tried a "new to me" beer the other day as it was on special offer, Budweiser brew 66 lightly carbonated 4%

Brewed in the UK. :oops:

It was like drinking Tonic Water that had once been close to a couple of Hops... :o :? :(
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Oh my Guiness, is this thread still brewing? It's been fermenting for awhile, when will things come to a head?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

slimster wrote:Oh my Guiness, is this thread still brewing? It's been fermenting for awhile, when will things come to a head?

slimster, I don't think you get the pint, this is one of the stoutest threads for a while. :wink: