OT, U.S. Navy 1915

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

OT, U.S. Navy 1915

Post by 765x53 »

OT, Here's an old film that might interest former swab jockeys.
http://www.filmpreservation.org/preserv ... ntary-1915
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT, U.S. Navy 1915

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Now that's what I call "Old Navy!" Thanks posting. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Great! Very good video, especially from that era! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
41bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41bear »

Thanks, from a 1960's era birdfarmer!
DEO VINDICE

"if only one man among all of the rest will not break ...then all of them, all those who so despise men that they believe all men can be broken and all men can be bought, all of them have failed and all of them are defeated, because one alone destroys them and one alone can give heart to all other men." - Robert Crichton
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very kewl. I enjoyed the sub shots, but also how they did their shipping of stores, boats, ammo. As a past weapons officer on an SSBN, I had to chuckle at the lack of saftey practices. times have certainly changed.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Too cool. Even had some footage of some old leathernecks in there.

I could be wrong, but I swear the battleship footage looked like it could've been off the Texas. I spent a lot of time on her as a kid, and it looked very familiar. For that matter, it could also have been on the New York, I guess. The Nevada didn't come along until 1916 and had some triple-gun turrets, so...

Toward the end they showed some activity on the Wyoming, but the earlier shot showing them doing PT topside was not on her, I don't think. The Wyoming had turrets whose gun houses had vertical walls. The ones in that shot were sloped like those of subsequent classes of BB's. Anyone catch any hull numbers???