OT - Instead of a lever or an EBR I got a

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

OT - Instead of a lever or an EBR I got a

Post by Hobie »

Click on the pic for the story...
Last edited by Hobie on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Oh my the ever dreaded HANDGUN :shock: :twisted: :evil: :shock:

Looks cool. This for a carry gun? What cal?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Why with fancy grips, that could be ready for a hi-falutin' Saturday Nite Out! :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

What kinda groups are you gettin' at 100yds with that?

:P
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Read your story, good luck and hope you never "need" it. Good choice.

I keep my security six loaded similarly, with 38SP rounds even though it's a 357. Better control and control means accuracy. If a 38 won't do it at 10-15feet it won't matter anyway.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good choice, Bro.......I got the Stainless .357 a month ago and they are a wonderful design......
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Cool Hobie, I like your choice. Security, thats what it says to me :)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The best gun in the world is one you have when you need it. I believe that's just almost as perfect a choice as can be made.

I like your choice. I've been casually looking for an old Chief Special for myself. Those are harder to find than hens teeth in IL.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I applaud your decision in weapon selection and the reasoning behind your desire to get one for this purpose. I think, however that I would have gone with a Glock 19 or 26 at the least. But thats just me. :D
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Hobie-
Good choice, those are excellent guns, and I would think you'll get a lot more use out of it than an EBR.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

505stevec wrote:I applaud your decision in weapon selection and the reasoning behind your desire to get one for this purpose. I think, however that I would have gone with a Glock 19 or 26 at the least. But thats just me. :D
Steve,
I'm 5' 8" and can't fit a Glock 19 in my pants pocket. :lol: :wink: If I could do it I'd drop the EBR in there! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ordered a Pocket Protector from SimplyRugged.com tonight! Should be good to go for certain when it gets here.
Sincerely,

Hobie

horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have finally got the time, money, and opportunity to go to a CCW course tomorrow. I dont think that I will carry 24/7, however, its nice to know that I will be able to if I so choose. Thats an excellent choice you have there Hobie. Better to have an adequate gun with you than a more than capable gun OUT IN THE TRUCK. Right now all I have to carry is a 5" Govt 1911 and a 4" S&W. I am still trying to decide what I may want for my carry gun, but a snubbie is very tempting.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Good choice. I have one of the new 40-1s in nickle "for the collection" and an older 940 (9mm that uses moonclips) that will be either a backup or alternate to a Para LTC.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Hobie, I think you made an excellent choice. I use the same load in my 637 38+P. I dropped the grips and put on stag. Mine follows me everywhere. I hope you never need it in anger. I pray it serves you well. Cant state how strongly I feel the j-frames are the best pocket guns around. Your choice is better than mine and I was actually thinking of trading mine in to go double action and have the enclosed hammer. When I was selling firearms, I always recommended the enclosed hammer versions. I use the single action alot while out in the woods plinking and popping bunnies or whistle pigs. That is why I settled on the hammer version. I felt naked without mine when I was recently overseas. Best of luck.

Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
SMP
Levergunner

Post by SMP »

Good choice Hobie!I picked up one of the limited run 37-2's a while back and I carry it in a Mika's pocket holster.Great gun and holster.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Those are classics and have been forever.

Ccograts!
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I'm with you Hobie. I used to carry a 640 Centennial, but it pulled my pants down. :lol: I stopped carrying until I traded it in for the 642 AW. The grips are just a little too big for my Dockers. They just barely sit below the top when I have it in a pocket holster, but it's light enough to carry in a jacket pocket without making you lean over.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Very nice Hobie. Should work well and hope you never have to use it.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks guys. I'm hoping I never have to use it, too! However, I've recently had several reinforcing learning experiences that reminded me that bad things can happen anywhere at any time. In our quiet little town we've had 4 "experiences" in the last two years right on our property.

In the past I carried a Ruger Security Six, a S&W M36 3", a Colt Combat Commander, a S&W M13, a Colt Junior (.25 ACP), a Colt DS 3", a full-sized 1911, and a Ruger New Vaquero. For years my dress and body shape allowed me to get away with some of those choices. Now, this is by far the best everyday solution for me.
Sincerely,

Hobie

jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Good pick Hobie.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

:D
Last edited by Idahoser on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

Hobie wrote:
505stevec wrote:I applaud your decision in weapon selection and the reasoning behind your desire to get one for this purpose. I think, however that I would have gone with a Glock 19 or 26 at the least. But thats just me. :D
Steve,
I'm 5' 8" and can't fit a Glock 19 in my pants pocket. :lol: :wink: If I could do it I'd drop the EBR in there! :lol:

The Airweight should go int the pants pocket - real non-chalant and casual. The Glock or USP should still go on the hip. -Brian
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BrianSH wrote:
Hobie wrote:
Steve,

The Airweight should go int the pants pocket - real non-chalant and casual. The Glock or USP should still go on the hip. -Brian
As I said, that isn't acceptable in this situation. If it was I'd have a 1911 there. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Hobie wrote:As I said, that isn't acceptable in this situation. If it was I'd have a 1911 there. :wink:
So I guess the shoulder holstered 8-3/8" Model 29 ala Dirty Harry is out then as well? :?

:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

nice. i had a tarus 85 with boot grips that concealed well. ex wife took it with her. replaced it with a glock 27. conceals almost as eazy. i'm 6'1 178 and have a hard time concealing anything larger. i switch to a kel-tec .32 for summer carry. i know it's not the best, but it conceals well.