Old Hoppe's # 9 ..... brag time haha

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Old Hoppe's # 9 ..... brag time haha

Post by J Miller »

Just to show you guys up for a change I'm gonna brag a bit.
In my collection of Hoppe's stuff I have a one gallon can of the old Hoppe's #9. :lol: Never been opened.
Here's a pic of it along with some of my other Hoppe's stuff:
Hoppes #9 asst.JPG
So there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J :mrgreen: e
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Old Hoppe's # 9 ..... brag time haha

Post by buckeyeshooter »

what is the advantage of the 'old hoppes' vs the current manufacture?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

buckeyeshooter wrote:what is the advantage of the 'old hoppes' vs the current manufacture?
I honestly don't know if there is any. I've used the plastic bottled new stuff and I can't tell any difference in the way it works. And to my 58 year old nose, it really does smell the same.

I think when we find something that works and works well, then they change it on us we get mad. We like it the old way so the new version is no good kind of mind set.

I just started this thread cos somebody posted a WTB a quart of old Hoppe's in the classifieds.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

That is a fine looking bunch of my favorite after shave. My bottle is about empty, can I send it up for a refill?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

JerryB wrote:That is a fine looking bunch of my favorite after shave. My bottle is about empty, can I send it up for a refill?
Jerry,
I've never opened that gallon can. For all I know it could be filled with turpentine.
That's what I want the glass bottle for.

Joe
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

I remember a long time ago, when I attended the Indian police academy, during firearms training week each classroom table was assigned a quart bottle of Hoppe's #9. We all had to clean our REVOLVERS before we went shooting and had to clean them again after each shooting session. We'd clean, go out to the firing line and practice (each station had a 5 gallon bucket full of semi-wadcutter 38 Special ammo), come back in and clean, let our fingers cool down, and go out again. At the end of the week everyone qualified and received their marksmanship badges. That sure was fun and this post reminded me of it.
Last edited by Idiot on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That kit you have was the first one I ever bought myself...had used all my Dad's stuff until that time. I used to stare at the man with that Double and think how incredible it would be to sit in front of a fire with a fine dog a fine gun. Good memories!

One gallon...never saw one of those! :shock: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

C.Cash,

That one gallon can of Hoppe's is the only one I've ever seen and I snagged it quick.

The brown kit on the bottom is the very first one I ever had. The orange one beside it is a shotgun kit. The one on top was / is my wife's hand gun kit she was using when we were going together.

Since we've been married, well I get to clean them all and the kits remain unused. I've got a CleanBore segmented kit (looks like an M-16 cleaning kit) I've been using for about 25 years now. I like it better than the aluminum ones in the Hoppe's kits.

Joe
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Jose....

I have an old dirty glass bottle of H#9...been shooting lately after working on the range, will send it to you later next week.

LB
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I still use the same glass Hoppe's #9 bottle that I bought when I got my first rifle back in the 1970's. Been refilling it for years. No idea why, I just like the old girl so I pitch the new bottle and keep on using Old Faithful.

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like a fine collection!!! :D :D :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

LeverBob wrote:Jose....

I have an old dirty glass bottle of H#9...been shooting lately after working on the range, will send it to you later next week.

LB
LB,
Thanks a bunch.

Joe
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Joe, I still have a 4 oz glass bottle of the Hoppe's #9 myself . About a 3rd of a oz left .
About time for a refill myself.

"You are a fine feller Sir." :D ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mutt