OT- Frank Hamer's engraved Model 8.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Frank Hamer's engraved Model 8.

Post by rangerider7 »

Hamer's beautiful Remington model 8. I think the ID card is wrong about being used in the B & C shootout. :?

"That'll Be The Day"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Frank Hamer's engraved Model 8.

Post by 2ndovc »

I think you're right. I just finished a pretty good book about Bonnie and Clyde called "Go Down Together" and if my feeble memory is right he had a .35 Rem during that fight. I thought it was the one with the extended magazine.

That's a pretty rifle though.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

If you count the holes in Bonnie's window, it had to be the extended mag rifle(the 20 shot mod. 8/81). There's too many holes there which could have only come from Hamer. Unless this one had been loaned to some other member of the Posse, which I've never heard of.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

My recollection is in line with 2ndovc, an extended magazine .35 Remington, for the added bullet weight, that he ordered just after he was assigned this job. Supposedly, his favorite long gun during his Ranger tenure was a standard Model 8 in .25 Remington.

Most of the holes in that Ford were from across the road to the gangsters' side where the posse waited with BAR's and buckshot. If memory serves, Hamer was positioned to step out in front of the car.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

blackhawk44 wrote:My recollection is in line with 2ndovc, an extended magazine .35 Remington, for the added bullet weight, that he ordered just after he was assigned this job. Supposedly, his favorite long gun during his Ranger tenure was a standard Model 8 in .25 Remington.

Most of the holes in that Ford were from across the road to the gangsters' side where the posse waited with BAR's and buckshot. If memory serves, Hamer was positioned to step out in front of the car.
Yep, here ya go.
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=29023
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8