OT: What's The Worst Beer In The World??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: What's The Worst Beer In The World??

Post by Beaker »

This thread is really beginning to ale me.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

game keeper wrote:
slimster wrote:Oh my Guiness, is this thread still brewing? It's been fermenting for awhile, when will things come to a head?
slimster, I don't think you get the pint, this is one of the stoutest threads for a while. :wink:
Yeah gk, I wonder how much lager it can go on?
Beaker wrote:This thread is really beginning to ale me.
Almost more than a human can beer, aint it?
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

It's Fostered several other threads too: best beer, worst beer, cheapest beer. Like I said though, it all tastes like Schlitz to me! :lol: (Not really, I like plain old Miller High Life-long necks of course.)
Technical Director
Levergunner

Post by Technical Director »

Never was a beer drinker, however, I remember last century in my younger days I drank some "Buckhorn" beer. Based upon my experinence with that brand, I hereby consider that as the "worst beer in the world" :b.
SMP
Levergunner

Post by SMP »

worst beers = piels , genesee , old vienna

drank some Miller Genuine draft 64 bottles last night and it was actually pretty good
Original Leverguns forum member since 11/09/2003
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Another vote for 33 and tiger beer that I had when in RVN they made that stuff by having a rock ape to pee in a bottle a runner up is the 3.2 beer the military served to the troops it made you sick not drunk. danny
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Since I started brewing my own about a year and a half ago, pretty much all mass produced "beer" is not worth drinking; EXCEPT for Shiner. I'm lucky that the Shiner brewery is about 50 miles from where I live, so maybe I like it because it's local. In fact, if I don't see at least a slight layer of trub in the bottle I don't consider it beer at all (again except for Shiner).

Let me say, I'm not a "Hop Head". While hops definitely have their place in beer (some hops must be added or you will have a sweet drink similar to a cider), I don't think they should dominate a brew.

I tend to lean toward the darker malts for almost all my brews. I do make a blond wheat quite often but I usually add something special to that. I've done a honey wheat that was quite nice (about to finish off my last few bottles, must make some more) and I will often add a fresh fruit to the wheat brews. I'm lagering a wheat/fresh dewberry right now. Can't wait to open the first bottle of that brew.

If you really want to have a great brew; you owe it to yourself to try making some of your own. I recommend: http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing as a starting point.

They have everything from starter kits, to simple to use extracts, to grains and everything in between.
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

DennisD wrote:Since I started brewing my own about a year and a half ago, pretty much all mass produced "beer" is not worth drinking; EXCEPT for Shiner. I'm lucky that the Shiner brewery is about 50 miles from where I live, so maybe I like it because it's local. In fact, if I don't see at least a slight layer of trub in the bottle I don't consider it beer at all (again except for Shiner).

Let me say, I'm not a "Hop Head". While hops definitely have their place in beer (some hops must be added or you will have a sweet drink similar to a cider), I don't think they should dominate a brew.

I tend to lean toward the darker malts for almost all my brews. I do make a blond wheat quite often but I usually add something special to that. I've done a honey wheat that was quite nice (about to finish off my last few bottles, must make some more) and I will often add a fresh fruit to the wheat brews. I'm lagering a wheat/fresh dewberry right now. Can't wait to open the first bottle of that brew.

If you really want to have a great brew; you owe it to yourself to try making some of your own. I recommend: http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing as a starting point.

They have everything from starter kits, to simple to use extracts, to grains and everything in between.
The white wheat bear is nice. A cooler for the men not some girly fruit cooler ;lol gota keep up the image of MR tuff guy.Even Molson makes some here under the Rickards lable and it is very good. 5.4% Alc and has a bit of Orange in the taste ah breakfest beer?
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

JohndeFresno wrote:
Cruise wrote:Bud, "33" (as in Sunny Southeast Asia fame) and
"Biere 33" was the label on the bottle. You asked for ba moui ba ("bah - mooey - bah" - the Viet number "33") as it was known in Viet Nam. Pretty bad stuff. The rumor was that it was half formaldehyde!
Actually, I drank a LOT of "33" while in county, and thought it was much better than the American beers that sat on the tarmac in the sun for a couple of weeks! That's the stuff that had the formaldehyde in it! :lol:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

One of the worst beer I ever tasted was an off brand called Rhinelander. Cost me $1.99 a case in 1971. Yuk| Some other bad beers were Blitz, Blatz, Olympia, Schlitz and Rainer. Now a days in Oregon we have lots of good beers. There are lots of brewpubs which are mini breweries and taverns combined. If you count them as breweries there are more breweries in Oregon than in the rest of the US. Some of the taverns in Portland have over 100 beers on tap. If you like good beer it is a good place to live. Some of the brewpubs are quite creative. We have some that used to be schools, poor farms, Masonic temples, grand ballrooms, hotels and theaters. Here is a link to just one such ownership http://www.mcmenamins.com/
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

I just want to sat that everywhere I have been in the world Fosters is portrayed as the great Australian beer, BUT very few people in Australia drink it, in fact I will nominate it as the worst beer.

Try Coopers or James Bougs or Cascade, but DO NOT drink FOSTERS!!!!!

Good marketing does not equal good beer.

Pop.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

madman4570 wrote:IMO??

OMG -----Lawson's Maple Tripple Ale!

Taste like someone took a qt. of warm Keystone Light beer "gone bad" and dumped in a 1/2qt. of cheap Walmart brand Maple Syrup and mixed it up in a big dirty jug that was once used to collect the dogs do do.
It's 20 proof and if you drink a couple of those babies as I did you might just be sitting/hugging the pot for the next two days!
It even makes your teeth ache even when all your teeth are just fine :?:

Thought it was the above, but after about 12 bottles of Guinness Draught last night at my High School class reunion think I have a new one. :oops:
And yes, the SUV was left locked in the parking lot and we walked the 2.5 miles home(so what if it took about an hour! :lol:

Did have a small issue, at about 2am a gas driller walked up to my wife and another lady and asked if they wanted a threesome :shock: The little misses said why dont you ask my husband and pointed at me.
The driller said whoa! he's a big one, does he have a temper? :roll: and went to the other end of the establishment!
BwanaDave
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BwanaDave »

Blaine, just remember it isn't beer if it has been through someone's body first.
MtnGun
Levergunner

Post by MtnGun »

Coors Light has to be the worst. Nasty Beer flavored water.
Combat Diver
Levergunner

Post by Combat Diver »

In Kenya there is a beer called "Tusker Lager" with a picture of an large male elephant on it. Tasted like elephant pee. Best beer in my opion is any Hefe Weizen (wheat beer), loved being stationed in Germany. Most of the last 10 years haven't drank much as most of my time has been under General Order #1 of no drinking in Iraq or Astan.

CD
De Oppresso Liber
Iraq 91,03,04,05,06,08, 09, 15 & 16
Afghanistan 09,10, 11 & 14
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

That very last beer after a long night when your teeth are already afloat! Seems to me in my younger days it was luck lager ,even came in a white generic can.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I grew in Texas before they had "liquor by the drink" and all Saloons and Honky Tonks only served beer. In those days there were no imported beers or micro-breweries avilable for the average Texas boot scooter. Therefore I have never developed a taste for beer in general and certainly not the finer points of the brew. On a hot day, when you come inside a beer is nice or with some foods. But beer is beer and I still favor Honky Tonk beers, like Lone Star, Pearl, Bud, Miller and the like.

Now when you start talking about whiskey, I take a more refined interest in the subject.