OT Gunbroker feedback

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

OT Gunbroker feedback

Post by Otto »

I have bought 2 guns off Gunbroker in the past 6 months or so. The first transaction went fine, except the guy never left feedback. The more recent one was three weeks ago, and I am still waiting for feedback. I even sent the guy a note last week, thanking him for the deal and commenting on the excellent condition of the gun. There is a finite amount of time to leave feedback, and if I never receive any, then I cannot build a reputation.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Gunbroker feedback

Post by vancelw »

Same thing happens on eBay. I've gotten to where I won't post feedback until they do. I've had sellers email or call me and I simply tell them that I'll be happy to leave them positive feedback once I get feedback from them. If I plan to leave negative feedback, I don't bother waiting on them. People need to know who not to deal with.

At least you got your guns, okay I hope.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

just email the seller....they will update it if possible...
they did for me
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

GB is much worse than fleabay for getting feedback. I may have 25% of my transactions on GB and 80% on fleabay.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Otto wrote:I have bought 2 guns off Gunbroker in the past 6 months or so. The first transaction went fine, except the guy never left feedback. The more recent one was three weeks ago, and I am still waiting for feedback. I even sent the guy a note last week, thanking him for the deal and commenting on the excellent condition of the gun. There is a finite amount of time to leave feedback, and if I never receive any, then I cannot build a reputation.
Have you posted feedback for them? They may be waiting for you to go first. As a seller, I always posted feedback on the buyer first, but ended up with so many buyers not posting feedback that I now don't worry about feedback unless they post it first.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

If the auction sites would post a policy: 1. You MUST leave feedback, and 2. The seller HAS TO leave feedback before the buyer does. This would make the feedback system worthwhile. The seller is the only one in the transaction who has both the item and the money at the same time. The buyer is at his mercy...thus the reason for making the seller post it first. As an ebay and GB seller, I always leave feedback as soon as I receive the money. As an ebay, GB and AA buyer, I only leave feedback after the seller does.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It does seem much harder to get someone to leave feedback on GB than ebay. If I'm selling, I'll leave feedback as soon as I receive the payment from the buyer. If I'm buying, I wait till I get feeback from the seller. On Gunbroker it seems like about a 50/50 chance of getting feedback from a seller.
NRA Life Member
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

feedback is much more important on gun broker than on ebay.
Ebay requires paypal payment now which protects the buyer and automatically refunds if the seller is a fraud or if the item doesn't match the price and description (I've filed a couple of paypal claims against fraudulent ebay sellers).
No safety like that exists on gun broker - only bought a few things and never been burned, but sending cashers' checks around and taking your chances that you'll get what you paid for is more tenuous on gun broker.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have forgotten to leave feedback and been "reminded" by the seller. I do it but don't get feedback. Folks know I pay promptly and communicate so I'm supposing it is just those sorts of folks who "don't have time" who don't post feedback.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

coyote nose wrote:... The seller is the only one in the transaction who has both the item and the money at the same time. The buyer is at his mercy...thus the reason for making the seller post it first. As an ebay and GB seller, I always leave feedback as soon as I receive the money. As an ebay, GB and AA buyer, I only leave feedback after the seller does.
TedH wrote:... If I'm selling, I'll leave feedback as soon as I receive the payment from the buyer. If I'm buying, I wait till I get feeback from the seller...
This is my line of thought.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence