Ted Nugent in the news

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Ted Nugent in the news

Post by Alan Wood »

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ted Nugent in the news

Post by JReed »

:evil:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
KSFlatheadhunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by KSFlatheadhunter »

Disappointing to say the least.

Darin
I can all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Life is hard, it is harder if your stupid. John Wayne
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Dissapointing that he did not follow state laws. Everything he did would be legal in many states. But you need to know the state laws in which you are hunting in. What may be your normal hunt, could be illegal.
RobertS
Levergunner

Post by RobertS »

Shouldn't his "guide" have some responsibility for knowing the law and keeping his client out of trouble?
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Just because someone says they are a "Guide" doesn't mean much in many places. Several states, like Maine for example, require a comprehensive test, interview panel and physical fitness exam plus a mentoring period under an experienced Registered Maine Guide. Other states have no licensing system for "Guides". Unfortunately, Ted relied on his "Guide" to provide an ethical, fair chase and legal hunt. His ignorance is not an excuse. He should have at least familiarized himself with the local laws. I have experienced the "Guide" problem myself. On one trip we were encouraged to shoot from the truck. I asked if it was legal and the answer was "Don't worry about it". We refused. Later, we were told to take our orange off so we didn't scare an antelope we were stalking. I said I thought orange was required and I was told "Only on public land", which later turned out to be a lie. I hope California prosecutes the "Guide" and holds him at least as responsible as they held Ted. I think booking with a guide is a good faith effort to stay out of trouble and within the law on a hunt. In this case it looks like the guide was no more than someone who got deer to come to a stand using attractant.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

In my experience "California guide" is an oxymoron. The idiots that I have witnessed are an embarrassment to the profession. In no way does this excuse "Uncle Ted", who in my estimation is now about as potent as the zebra in Washington. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Not to minimize Nugent's responsibility, but if this deer was taken for a television hunting show, it seems there are a number of people who should have known better. Producers, technical advisors, guides, who knows what else.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

I wouldn't be so quick to call the guy a loser as he has probably done more for the sport and industry than any of us. The volunteer work alone would amaze you to include Camp for Kids etc. He has also been a very loud voice in the defense of our rights unlike many others and you shouldn't be so quick at the name calling. Should he have known better?? Probably. Could it have been an honest mistake?? Sure could have. Like 86er stated, he probably should have researched the local laws instead of trusting his guide. Like many of his other hunts, that particular guide probably invited him out for it. IMHO, his first mistake was setting foot in Kalifornia. He should have made the trip worth while by shooting a condor with lead free ammo. :roll:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Somehow I doubt that Nugent was just so eager to take his zillionth deer that he did it while knowing violating a hunting law. He's not that hard up for venison, or time in front of a camera.

Should he have known? Probably. But the old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" mantra holds little water in the days of Stalineque gun laws and often conflicting local state and federal game laws; NOBODY knows all the laws - not even the lawyers. Should whoever was 'managing' or 'guiding' the hunt know the laws? ABSOLUTELY, again realizing the fact that even the legislators and game department officials likely don't know or agree on all the nuances of the law.

I think the only time Nugent would knowingly violate a game law would be if an animal was suffering and killing it would violate the law but be the best moral and ethical answer. (I shot a pregnant doe, out of season, in the head, near a public roadway, with a handgun, not of a proper deer-hunting caliber - but both her rear legs had compound fractures of the distal femurs, and the skin/tendon attaching the lower part of the legs were tangled so the left and right legs were literally tied together. I really didn't care how many laws I violated at the time, as long as I could end her suffering humanely and safely!)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Mich hunter wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to call the guy a loser as he has probably done more for the sport and industry than any of us. The volunteer work alone would amaze you to include Camp for Kids etc. He has also been a very loud voice in the defense of our rights unlike many others and you shouldn't be so quick at the name calling. Should he have known better?? Probably. Could it have been an honest mistake?? Sure could have. Like 86er stated, he probably should have researched the local laws instead of trusting his guide. Like many of his other hunts, that particular guide probably invited him out for it. IMHO, his first mistake was setting foot in Kalifornia. He should have made the trip worth while by shooting a condor with lead free ammo. :roll:
+1
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Without knowing more of the facts, I don't see it in the same vein as someone knowingly poaching deer. Some big mistakes made, but I don't think we should be too quick to write Ted off for this. Why would anyone knowingly film their crime and put it on National TV? Sounds like a very careless error on his part, for which he should be allowed to make ammends. If deception was involved or if he acted in full knowledge of the law, then that is a game changer. Not enough info to go on here.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

C. Cash wrote:Without knowing more of the facts, I don't see it in the same vein as someone knowingly poaching deer. Some big mistakes made, but I don't think we should be too quick to write Ted off for this. Why would anyone knowingly film their crime and put it on National TV? Sounds like a very careless error on his part, for which he should be allowed to make ammends. If deception was involved or if he acted in full knowledge of the law, then that is a game changer. Not enough info to go on here.

I conceed your point and that of the others who seem to agree with you. However I point out that he has now shown on Television (cable) what legally in California constitutes poaching without calling it that. Persons who are not familiar with California game law might make mistakes based on the show in question. Bad situation all around. If it was the guide that made the mistakes well ... Even so Ted should have read the rule book.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

They dropped the ball for sure. But I agree with the others that Ted is still a great asset to the pro hunting and pro gun crowd.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Nugent will be the first one to man up and declare he screwed up!
Yes,he probably should have double checked the rules there before engaging in that hunt, but thats spilled milk now. He will come out fine on this (though the liberal gun haters/media will use this against him till the cows come home.
Anyhow that man does more for our hunting/gun rights in a year than probably the rest of the people on here do in a lifetime.
A Loser ????? Wish I was a loser like him! God Bless Ted/Prayers up for him!

I believe in redemption! And to just all of a sudden turn your back on a man that could come down in history as one of the most influential pro gun/hunting advocates of our time because yes he shot a spike with some corn spread on the ground without checking his guide--------------turning your back on Ted--to me thats the loser, not Ted!
Wouldnt go to a bar with that person and expect my back to be covered!

If we really think using the good ole head besides a hat rack ,do you think if he had the slightest idea he would have put that hunt on his TV show for the world to see! We all can make a mistake, and the last time I checked only God was perfect.
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

Still a lot we don't know gent's. Was this on public or private land? Was this area being actively managed for quality deer, and Ted ignored that? I feel that more likely, this would have been considered a cull buck in an area with less draconian game laws, and this was what was going through his mind...at least I hope so.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

very clearly, putting it on film and then airing on television, he didn't know he was breaking the law.
Sure enough, he screwed up.
A case of unintentional poaching, and I bet he learned his lesson.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BenT wrote:Disappointing that he did not follow state laws. Everything he did would be legal in many states. But you need to know the state laws in which you are hunting in. What may be your normal hunt, could be illegal.
All that is well and good and he is responsible which is probably why you don't hear him whining, BUT... I know for a fact that there are many people who are so star struck, who are so willing to do anything while fawning over celebrities that they will deceive anyone including the celebrity in an attempt to make them happy. There are also those commercial operators that will do anything to get on TV, either for the 15 minutes or to improve their business. I know too that CA law on a lot of things has changed since I last living there in 1977. How does one keep up with all the intricacies of different areas, etc? My father knew of people who had wandered a 100 feet over a boundary or had the animal cross and were charged.

It also reminds me of my Korean co-workers (before they knew me), they would say yes to anything to keep their jobs and grouse about it amongst themselves (some would). They were actually relieved to discover that I did it right or not at all and never exposed them to an iffy situation.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

To say that Ted "is a bad person" for the trivial thing he did is like saying Adolf Hitler "is a good person" when he was depicted in photographs hugging children.

Like Michigan Hunter said, he has done more for hunting and gun rights that every member on this board put together.

Thanks Ted, you still 'da man"--------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Iam guessing Ted was culling on a private ranch and that is done all over the west whether F&G wants to admit it or not, who wants a old spike/forked horn passing on genes, Ive done culling myself and dont give a rats rearend what the king says. When F&G does it its game management when a land owner does it its poaching. This isnt like shooting a trophy bull in yellowstone and then claiming a record on public land as a well known bow hunter did a few years back. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Uncle Ted should have read the laws of Kalifornia....
But I still like him....
I like his wife better....
She is the "Queen of the forest"
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The correct spelling is California. Some folks love to disparage this beautiful state. Admittedly, we suffer from some weird and whacky politicians and inane gun laws, but for sheer beauty it is very difficult to top this state. California hunting regs are no different than most other states. Before you come here to hunt it is incumbent upon you to read and know them before going afield. You do not bait in this state, plain and simple. Nugent, of all people, should know this. Breaking the law for the sake of a television program is without excuse, I don't care who it is. If it was my choice the "guide" would have his license revoked immediately, with no less than 5 yrs before he is able to apply for another. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Mike D. wrote:In my experience "California guide" is an oxymoron. The idiots that I have witnessed are an embarrassment to the profession. In no way does this excuse "Uncle Ted", who in my estimation is now about as potent as the zebra in Washington. :x
:roll:
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

Let he, who is without sin...cast the first stone.

:wink:
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

madman4570 wrote:Nugent will be the first one to man up and declare he screwed up!
Yes,he probably should have double checked the rules there before engaging in that hunt, but thats spilled milk now. He will come out fine on this (though the liberal gun haters/media will use this against him till the cows come home. Anyhow that man does more for our hunting/gun rights in a year than probably the rest of the people on here do in a lifetime. A Loser ????? Wish I was a loser like him! God Bless Ted/Prayers up for him!

I believe in redemption! And to just all of a sudden turn your back on a man that could come down in history as one of the most influential pro gun/hunting advocates of our time because yes he shot a spike with some corn spread on the ground without checking his guide--------------turning your back on Ted--to me thats the loser, not Ted! Wouldnt go to a bar with that person and expect my back to be covered!

If we really think using the good ole head besides a hat rack ,do you think if he had the slightest idea he would have put that hunt on his TV show for the world to see! We all can make a mistake, and the last time I checked only God was perfect.
You said it brother!!!!

And to eviscerate a man based on something found in THE PRESS?? You gotta be kidding me...

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

He messed up. I've done it, you've done it. I'm not part of the "Uncle Teddy Rules" crowd but I do believe he does a lot of good. Is he a loser? In some way's yes, many way's no. Same with me I guess. He's paying a fine, that's his punishment and I'll move on. I do know this, he's not a dummy when it comes to hunting, game law's and TV show's. I'm sure the first time he relized he had done wrong was when they came knockin on his door. No way would he have included it in the show other wise.

You're in a different city that you don't live in with a buddy who does live there. You get caught speeding due to the fact he told you the speed limit was 45 but really it's 35. You're gonna get a ticket and deserve it, your buddy deserves a pop in the nose. I go find the guide and pop him in the nose.

LK
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

L_Kilkenny wrote:He messed up. I've done it, you've done it. I'm not part of the "Uncle Teddy Rules" crowd but I do believe he does a lot of good. Is he a loser? In some way's yes, many way's no. Same with me I guess. He's paying a fine, that's his punishment and I'll move on. I do know this, he's not a dummy when it comes to hunting, game law's and TV show's. I'm sure the first time he relized he had done wrong was when they came knockin on his door. No way would he have included it in the show other wise.

You're in a different city that you don't live in with a buddy who does live there. You get caught speeding due to the fact he told you the speed limit was 45 but really it's 35. You're gonna get a ticket and deserve it, your buddy deserves a pop in the nose. I go find the guide and pop him in the nose.

LK
Couldn't have said it better myself.
NRA Life Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

L_Kilkenny wrote:You're in a different city that you don't live in with a buddy who does live there. You get caught speeding due to the fact he told you the speed limit was 45 but really it's 35. You're gonna get a ticket and deserve it, your buddy deserves a pop in the nose. I go find the guide and pop him in the nose.
LK
A perfect summary of the situation..!

I might go one step closer, and instead of just a 'buddy', you're visiting a taxi driver or chauffeur - someone who is considered a paid professional in that field, and he misinforms you that it's ok in that state to turn right on red after stopping, like it is in your home state. You do so, and find out the hard way it's not true...

Much of the 'bashing' going on about this is just that the Libs hate him because he's pro-gun and macho, and many Conservatives assume he's just a long-haired drugged-up dude who made an obscene amount of money making heavy-metal noise. He's pro gun, pretty macho, long haired, and I don't get into much heavy metal music, BUT. . . . he's not a druggie (he won't even drink alcohol, or smoke tobacco), and he has put quite a bit of that obscene money into getting wildlife preserves established, hunting protected, and even ghetto kids to have camping fishing and hunting experiences.

Some feel baiting deer is bad, but will bait for bear, or might not bait for either, but would bait for coyotes, since they're "bad" and deer are "good". I say just obey the game laws and try to get your dinner humanely and efficiently. If a place allows baiting it is likely because they want to increase the harvest, yet not increase the season length, and they don't feel that the risk of nose-to-nose spread of CWD or whatever is bad enough to worry about.

He screwed up, paid the fine, and whenever a 'role model' or public figure does so, it does have some spinoff implications, but I think it's a non-issue, especially since many other places allow the activity he was engaging in, and there isn't anything inherently inhumane about it, whether you find it 'sporting' or not. I don't think a bolt-gun in a cattle-chute is 'sporting', and for that reason I choose to hunt my own meat in the wild, but I won't put down those who eat farm-raised livestock.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

Mike D. wrote:The correct spelling is California. Some folks love to disparage this beautiful state. Admittedly, we suffer from some weird and whacky politicians and inane gun laws, but for sheer beauty it is very difficult to top this state.
Cuba is beautiful too, but I certainly wouldn't hunt or live there, or apologize for it.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Idiot wrote:
Mike D. wrote:The correct spelling is California. Some folks love to disparage this beautiful state. Admittedly, we suffer from some weird and whacky politicians and inane gun laws, but for sheer beauty it is very difficult to top this state.
Cuba is beautiful too, but I certainly wouldn't hunt or live there, or apologize for it.
:?:

Though California does have many issues we dont like(so do many other states also and many of those are getting worse.)
California is without doubt one of the most beautiful states in the Union. Also most people I have met there are extremely nice.Comparing that to Cuba in any way/shape/form(I dont get it) :?:
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Ted will take the hit... he will pay the fine (I wouldnt be suprised if he kicks some cash into a hunter safety program on his own...off the record).

Nuge ... mistake or not... has about 20 times the class of the wanna be country singer who shot that tamed bear in a corral a couple of years ago.

I guess there is a statute of limitations... but I ended up in a duck boat without a plug for my shotgun once......
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

Ted allegedly made a mistake and paid the fine. We call it "man-ing up and taking responsiblity" where I come from. A trait rarely seen nowdays that I am glad to see Ted holds. I hope some of you on here are never held to your own high standards.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Ted's HUGE reputation as a sportsman has been tarnished ever so slightly, but it will pass in a short time. Perhaps I did speak harshly of the man, but, of all people, he has to know the laws of whatever state he hunts in. I am well aware of the pro-hunting work he does, his support of the NRA and conservative causes, so he will get a "pass" on this small blip of the "Nuge Radar".
Fiddler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fiddler »

This just in: http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292069
'Ol Teddy seems to be on a roll! :lol:
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Ted is one of a dying breed, not many stars and celebs like him that I know of. One incident of him killing a deer, that could easily have been done in ignorance of law, is not enough for me to throw him in a trash can. When I compare this act, to about at least 100 politicians in Washington who are trying to destroy my nation, it seems fairly trivial. I hope that Ted comes out with his side of the story, and can reveal why this error was committed. If Clinton survived a Monica situation, surely Ted will survive his situation, I hope so.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

As far as the I want them dead comments from the article, I saw that interview and it was a reasonable answer to the question that was posed. He was talking about the prison ssystem and the fact that criminals get out with very short sentences over and over again., IIRC ,but it did not make me think he was nuts at the time I saw it. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Premo
Levergunner

Post by Premo »

From http://www.tednugent.com/

"08/18/10
To my Fellow Outdoorsmen.... You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. The honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion.

Ted Nugent"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

brucew44guns wrote:Ted is one of a dying breed, not many stars and celebs like him that I know of. One incident of him killing a deer, that could easily have been done in ignorance of law, is not enough for me to throw him in a trash can. When I compare this act, to about at least 100 politicians in Washington who are trying to destroy my nation, it seems fairly trivial. I hope that Ted comes out with his side of the story, and can reveal why this error was committed. If Clinton survived a Monica situation, surely Ted will survive his situation, I hope so.
+1

Yep, lots of good folks left in California. Like Ted, can't throw them under the bus either. Many would be suprised how many folks are there who don't look like us(WASP's that most of us are), who are completely in line with our system of values.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Ted is not "a loser". He is one of our strongest "famous people" allies. This is a screw-up on the part of the "guide" and producers of his show. He probably flew in for the show - did the shoot and then left - leaving the details of proper legality, etc. up to his people - who obviously let him down big time here.

Ted is an oustanding patriot.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Fiddler wrote:This just in: http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=292069
'Ol Teddy seems to be on a roll! :lol:
Wow. This is from the above article: {...with MY comments added :wink: :twisted: ...},
Fan reaction to Nugent troubling - [i]by the TH editorial board[/i] - http://www.THonline.com wrote:This wasn't a first for Nugent. For example, there was the Texas governor's inaugural ball in 2007. A newspaper {...surely an un-biased one...} reported that Nugent, whose conservative politics and pro-gun beliefs are well known {...obviously a bad-guy...} "appeared on stage wearing a cut-off T-shirt emblazoned with a Confederate flag and shouting unflattering remarks about undocumented immigrants, including kicking them out of the country." {...certainly can't have the government enforce existing federal law on that, now, can we...}

Enter Ted Nugent's name in Google and you'll be treated to many racist and sexist {...Wow, I really dislike racism and sexism; I'm gonna really hate Ted after I read the rest of this paragraph, I'll bet...} gems. Here's a Nugent rant delivered at a National Rifle Association conference : "Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em! To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun, and when they attack you, shoot 'em." {...Well, so far he's advocated self-defense, and spoken out against rape (I guess it's called 'victimization of women' nowadays), robbery (a mere 'burglar' wouldn't get shot, as the homeowner isn't around - a 'hot' burglary, where the homeowner is present, is a confrontational crime, by definition a robbery at that point, and thus a violent crime), and child molestation - where's the "racist and sexist" part - perhaps the TH editorial board feels minorities and women are the perpetrators in most of these crimes?...}

Officials at the Diamond Jo Casino, who booked Nugent here, said they won't censor a performer. Other venues who book talent, also asked about it by the TH, said much the same. We get it: Freedom of speech and all that. {...I keep forgetting that freedom of speech 'and all that' is ONLY for self-anointed 'liberal' government teat-suckers and boot-lickers - NOT anyone who echoes the beliefs of our nation's founders or Constitution...} But venues also have the freedom to not book acts, especially ones whose on-stage comments are known to include hate speech. {...I 'hate' that term - it is a mean-nothing, and ironically, hateful thing to say about someone with whom you disagree, because you can't articulate an effective rebuttal for their views, so you just try to degrade them with character assassination...}

Certainly, there are comedians who play local stages who might offend some audience members with crude humor and explicit language. But Nugent's comments went beyond a question of taste. It's fodder for career-crippling YouTube videos and audiotapes. {...certainly can't have anyone exercise their First Amendment rights to express a political viewpoint (especially if as the TH editorial board feels, it is a 'minority' viewpoint, and thus discredited from the start) - the First Amendment was not intended to protect hard-hitting political speech, but rather poetry and whimsy, and apolitical comedy...}

That type of talk {"I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead"} delivered to audience members who have been drinking, could spark a confrontation between audience members. {...Wow, it sure could! Especially if some of them started to innocently carjack or rape the others...} Does the venue have a plan for how to handle that? What about a venue's employees -- should they be expected to work in that environment? {...that kind of reminds me of the bogus "anti-smoking" ordnance justifications these little tyrant wannabe busybodies come up with...}

And then for the local crowd to cheer Nugent's remarks? It is an outrage and embarrassment. {...How DARE those trailer-park rednecks, blue collar fools, and NASCAR-watching bozos express their approval for a political ideology? We, the enlightened, the ultra-intelligent, the anointed, have the only true vision for Amerika, and only WE are the ones tolerant enough of others and inclusive enough to have opinions and express them openly...}

Editorials reflect the consensus of the Telegraph Herald Editorial Board. {...What a bunch of unintelligent, ignorant, and prejudiced FOOLS...}
It frightens me for the future of our nation to see such ignorant and hateful drivel published and pass as 'journalism'. I wonder what percentage of the population would actually read and agree with such garbage? No doubt lots of the intellectually-sheltered folks in academia, some who never step outside of the suburbs or big city, and others like that, whose world-view has a horizon limited by whatever they saw on their bike-tour of Italy, or the plot-lines of the movies they watched last year. Pretty scary those people can vote... :(

Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

madman4570 wrote:
Idiot wrote:
:?:

Though California does have many issues we dont like(so do many other states also and many of those are getting worse.)
California is without doubt one of the most beautiful states in the Union. Also most people I have met there are extremely nice.Comparing that to Cuba in any way/shape/form(I dont get it) :?:
Of course you don't.

I have no problem with people from California, as long as they stay in California. Their willing acceptance, and defense, of that state's infringement on freedoms we enjoy in other states is astounding. Unfortunately, by virtue of their population, they are able to export their nonsense throughout the country. But hey, the weather's nice, and you can see condors and dolphins, and ain't that what it's all about?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mr. Nugent just says what millions of Americans feel, but dont have the guts to say!
Why, because he sticks to his God given belief that America is not lost.
No one will/can deter Mr. Nugent in his continual quest for a free America.
God Bless Ted/Family
Idiot
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Idiot »

madman4570 wrote:Mr. Nugent just says what millions of Americans feel, but dont have the guts to say!
Why, because he sticks to his God given belief that America is not lost.
No one will/can deter Mr. Nugent in his continual quest for a free America.
God Bless Ted/Family
Ditto!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:Somehow I doubt that Nugent was just so eager to take his zillionth deer that he did it while knowing violating a hunting law. He's not that hard up for venison, or time in front of a camera.

Should he have known? Probably. But the old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" mantra holds little water in the days of Stalineque gun laws and often conflicting local state and federal game laws; NOBODY knows all the laws - not even the lawyers. Should whoever was 'managing' or 'guiding' the hunt know the laws? ABSOLUTELY, again realizing the fact that even the legislators and game department officials likely don't know or agree on all the nuances of the law.

I think the only time Nugent would knowingly violate a game law would be if an animal was suffering and killing it would violate the law but be the best moral and ethical answer. (I shot a pregnant doe, out of season, in the head, near a public roadway, with a handgun, not of a proper deer-hunting caliber - but both her rear legs had compound fractures of the distal femurs, and the skin/tendon attaching the lower part of the legs were tangled so the left and right legs were literally tied together. I really didn't care how many laws I violated at the time, as long as I could end her suffering humanely and safely!)
+1

The left knows Ted is an NRA Board member and outspoken critic of B-HO, as well as very pro-gun. They are just looking to take him down a notch.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I have no problem with people from California, as long as they stay in California. Their willing acceptance, and defense, of that state's infringement on freedoms we enjoy in other states is astounding. Unfortunately, by virtue
Idiot, you remind me of why I left
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well I think I will still go to the concert tonight.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

It is odd to me that we have greater trespasses in our world that do not come to such attention. We have elected officials who break the law every day, have been for years, and will not enforce the laws they made. They should have some 12 million counts against them for failure to enforce.

Willie was caught with dope, it made the news, and he went on.

Ted manned-up, no-contest, paid fine................leave him alone. Bet he won't do it again. If he does, nail him.

BTW...........make sure you come to a complete stop before proceeding from a stop sign.

TomF
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Went to the Motor City Madman concert last night - quite a show.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!