Ruger Single Six Convertible

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Ruger Single Six Convertible

Post by HEAD0001 »

What is a fair price for a Ruger Convertible Single six?? The revolver is blued, with fixed sights. 5-1/2" barrel. Shows zero rust and basically zero wear. It has both cylinders. 22 LR, and 22 magnum. 22 magnum cylinder has never been shot or even mounted in the revolver. Not an older model. Maybe 10 years or so old.

I have been watching the classifieds in several forums for a while to see what kind of prices that guys are asking. But I have been unable to find a single one for sale. I guess people relly like them.

Please do not suggest Gun Broker. That place is a joke IMO. Tom.
Hobie

Re: Ruger Single Six Convertible

Post by Hobie »

HEAD0001 wrote:What is a fair price for a Ruger Convertible Single six?? The revolver is blued, with fixed sights. 5-1/2" barrel. Shows zero rust and basically zero wear. It has both cylinders. 22 LR, and 22 magnum. 22 magnum cylinder has never been shot or even mounted in the revolver. Not an older model. Maybe 10 years or so old.

I have been watching the classifieds in several forums for a while to see what kind of prices that guys are asking. But I have been unable to find a single one for sale. I guess people relly like them.

Please do not suggest Gun Broker. That place is a joke IMO. Tom.
Used ones seem to go for about 20% less than new, street price, UNLESS they are old models, flatgates, etc. Yes, people do tend to hold on to them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
slowpokecruz
Levergunner

Post by slowpokecruz »

i check a place called whittakers, its in west ky. he has good prices on used guns. just put in whittakers in google and its the first site. good luck to you, slowpoke
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Around here that gun would go for $250-$275. You sure it has fixed sights?
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

The older ones had fixed sights. I paid around 400.00 for a mint one in the box with both cylinders a couple of years ago.
"That'll Be The Day"
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Keep Us posted, if it does in fact have fixed sights and is flat top. Ruger had a run in the early 90s that were called New Model Flat Tops in 3 barrel lengths.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

It definitely has fixed sights. But it has the groove fixed rear sight. It is not a flat top with the windage rear sight. I never understoood the appeal of the flat top. I guess if you think it looks better?? But I can't see how it would be a better frame. But then to each his own. And I could easily be wrong and the flat top could be the real cats meow?? Tom.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Ruger is now making a fixed sight Single Six in Stainless with both lr and mag cylinders. Saw them on Davidson's sight yesterday. My local dealers price was $429.00 for a 5.5". Have a Blessed New Year.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I saw a fixed model a year ago when i bought mine (mine is the adjustable sight model, which is better for me ) ---- Fixed and adjustable sight models were the same price.

Mine was $380 OTD. Blue, 5.5" barrel with a magnum cylinder. To date, the mag cylinder is still unfired.

I'm with Hobie, probably 20% less than new
----- Doug