Where to hunt hogs?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

Where to hunt hogs?

Post by Goat »

I would like to find a place to hunt wild hog in either Eastern Missouri, Western Tennessee or Western Kentucky. I have a friend in South central Illinois and this would be a chance for us to hunt together again. I can't afford to spend a lot but neither do I want to shoot a pig in someone's pen behind the house. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Where to hunt hogs?

Post by redlevel42 »

Out of your geographic selections, but if I were a little younger and a little richer, I would have to have some of this thermal hog hunting action in South Georgia. This guy knows what he is doing and has some top-notch equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp6DQjDjxw

There are other places in Georgia, and I am sure also in the places you mention, that sell traditional hog hunts, but I like the way this crew provides an exciting experience for his clients, and really makes a dent in what has become a huge problem for farmers in Georgia. Very little meat is wasted because he has a deal with a local processor to dress and chill the pigs, and anyone who wants a pig can have one for a very reasonable processing fee.
Georgia On My Mind
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Where to hunt hogs?

Post by horsesoldier03 »

The website must be down for maintenance now, but go to www.bowsite.com and check out the big game forum. One of them is a pic of a hog, go there. It give info on hunting hogs in alot of states.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”