My wife thinks I have lost all my marbles..........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

My wife thinks I have lost all my marbles..........

Post by Borregos »

....she may be right :D :D

My son-in-law and I run bi-weekly silhouette matches through the winter, yesterday it was zeroF with a wind chill bringing it down to -20F as we were setting up.
Only three others turned up to shoot (the rest had more sense I guess)
Benefit of only a few shooters was we got home to hot soup early :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Re: My wife thinks I have lost all my marbles..........

Post by SJPrice »

There is a fine line between dedicated and totally nuts. You may be dangerously close to the line
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Good job! When I was a teenager, I used to hunt Snowshoe Hares everyday all winter long in central Manitoba. Temperatures were often 20 to 30 degrees below zero Farenheit. As a result, I have a soft spot in my heart for winter shooting and still like to do it on a regular basis just to stay in cold shooting shape. I'm going out again on Thursday, although it is supposed to warm up to just a few degrees below freezing.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Used to be a high-power rifle match here in Indiana they only cancelled if there was an actual tornado warning or nearby lightning. Otherwise, rain, sleet, snow, etc., they still shot. Good for those shooters who might someday go into the military, I'd think.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Add me to the catagory. I was out snow shoeing ,calling coyotes Saturday morning when it was -18 F . There was no wind though and no coyotes.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good on you guys, but I might have to rethink that one.
Old Law Dawg
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I was that way in AZ. No matter the weather if I wanted to go shooting, I went shooting.
Here, I guess I've gotten soft.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I had to smile this morning, thinking of this thread. My wife was whipping up a batch of pancakes for breakfast and I wandered over to the deck door to check the temperature .... 12 degrees below zero Farenheit. I told my wife and she said, in all seriousness, 'Let's go for a walk today.' Both of us grew up a lot further North where we had half decent winters and we both miss those crackling nights of searing cold where the snow crunches underfoot and the stars are millions of icy needle points of light and the occasional tree splits like a pistol shot at 35 degrees below zero and spit bounces off the snow. So today, with it being a little colder than usual in southern Canada, we are going to head out for a hike this afternoon and enjoy the cold weather while it is here.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

KirkD wrote:I had to smile this morning, thinking of this thread. My wife was whipping up a batch of pancakes for breakfast and I wandered over to the deck door to check the temperature .... 12 degrees below zero Farenheit. I told my wife and she said, in all seriousness, 'Let's go for a walk today.' Both of us grew up a lot further North where we had half decent winters and we both miss those crackling nights of searing cold where the snow crunches underfoot and the stars are millions of icy needle points of light and the occasional tree splits like a pistol shot at 35 degrees below zero and spit bounces off the snow. So today, with it being a little colder than usual in southern Canada, we are going to head out for a hike this afternoon and enjoy the cold weather while it is here.
Kirk,
I'm envious. I can't get my wife to go for a walk with me when the weather is good.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I use to love the cold weather....and hunting or shooting in the snow....
good memories...deer and grouse hunting...

then i moved to Florida....and my blood has gotten a little thin..

Its been the coldest winter in florida....since about 97-98...
when we had a real hard freeze..
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Y'all folks and your cold weather, that's just not right. I mean I like the cold but, my definition of cold and y'alls are two entirely different things. :lol:
Ricky

DWWC
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I've served my time in the tropics and nice weather every day got old real fast. When my wife and I retire, both of us want to move further North where there are less people and we get better winters. I must have lost my marbles, but where a fellow grew up has a big effect I guess.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Borregos wrote:....she may be right :D :D
, yesterday it was zeroF with a wind chill bringing it down to -20F as we were setting up.
I would have to agree with her. It wasn't to much warmer the other morning I chose to stay in and read about others shooting. :wink: :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

This February will be the "9th Annual Frigid Fingers and Frozen Toes" fun shoot where we fire .22 rimfire rifles at 100 yards off the bench -- from an unheated bench house. Last year, we almost had to cancel -- as it was almost 35 degrees out -- too warm!!! :lol: For 5 of the prior years, temps were about 5 to 10 above zero when we started at 9AM.

And, just because "What else can you do when it's cold?", last March we fired the same 22 rifles off the benches at 200 yards... Now THAT was a humbling experience, but at least it was warmer by then. :wink:

Tight groups.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

KirkD wrote:I had to smile this morning, thinking of this thread. My wife was whipping up a batch of pancakes for breakfast and I wandered over to the deck door to check the temperature .... 12 degrees below zero Farenheit. I told my wife and she said, in all seriousness, 'Let's go for a walk today.' Both of us grew up a lot further North where we had half decent winters and we both miss those crackling nights of searing cold where the snow crunches underfoot and the stars are millions of icy needle points of light and the occasional tree splits like a pistol shot at 35 degrees below zero and spit bounces off the snow. So today, with it being a little colder than usual in southern Canada, we are going to head out for a hike this afternoon and enjoy the cold weather while it is here.
I enjoy the cold weather as well, I dress for it and stay real warm :D , however I have yet to find a glove I am comfortable shooting in! Consequently my trigger finger suffers badly especially as I have arthritis in that hand. :(
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Kirk, I will have to try to picture that on Wed. when I tee off at about 65 degrees. Would be nice to see some warmer weather. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Joe,

Get a girlfriend! :D

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

So, one of you finished at least 3rd, right? Bragging rights.