A M-1899 in 250 Savage in the safe,Oh my !!!!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

A M-1899 in 250 Savage in the safe,Oh my !!!!!!!

Post by Boreman »

I stopped a my favorite pawn shop on Tuesday afternoon to look around. The owner informed me that he had just bought a 61 gun collection from a fellow that he had dealt with for years. I looked over some of the guns out on display,nothing that really needed me. I ask him if he had any thing that I might be interested in. He knows my love of lever guns. He said he wondered when I would be in.He had something to show me.
He returned and handed me a M-1899 in 250 Savage. The rifle had been completely restored. The SN puts it in year 1918 or 1919.It is really a BEAUTIFUL rifle. Needless to say,I left there with the rifle. I am in the process buying dies,cases and bullets.in anticapation of a trip to the range in the future.I now have 3 99's in 250 Savage,284 Win and 300 Savage
I wish I had the where with all to post pics for you all to see.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Re: A M-1899 in 250 Savage in the safe,Oh my !!!!!!!

Post by brno602 »

Boreman wrote:I stopped a my favorite pawn shop on Tuesday afternoon to look around. The owner informed me that he had just bought a 61 gun collection from a fellow that he had dealt with for years. I looked over some of the guns out on display,nothing that really needed me. I ask him if he had any thing that I might be interested in. He knows my love of lever guns. He said he wondered when I would be in.He had something to show me.
He returned and handed me a M-1899 in 250 Savage. The rifle had been completely restored. The SN puts it in year 1918 or 1919.It is really a BEAUTIFUL rifle. Needless to say,I left there with the rifle. I am in the process buying dies,cases and bullets.in anticapation of a trip to the range in the future.I now have 3 99's in 250 Savage,284 Win and 300 Savage
Sounds great! I am not good with the photo part too, but I see it and the smile on your face!Now all you need is a .358win and you have it all.
I just got some .250 Savge factory ammo with a $8.00 price tag on them win 100gr silvertips I will take my next deer for the first time with factory ammo.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Don't have a neighbor with a camera??? :)

Great buy - enjoy!
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

No 303?
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

brno602 wrote:
Boreman wrote:I stopped a my favorite pawn shop on Tuesday afternoon to look around. The owner informed me that he had just bought a 61 gun collection from a fellow that he had dealt with for years. I looked over some of the guns out on display,nothing that really needed me. I ask him if he had any thing that I might be interested in. He knows my love of lever guns. He said he wondered when I would be in.He had something to show me.
Sounds great! I am not good with the photo part too, but I see it and the smile on your face!Now all you need is a .358win and you have it all.
I just got some .250 Savage factory ammo with a $8.00 price tag on them win 100gr silvertips I will take my next deer for the first time with factory ammo.
That sounds great. FWIW, I passed on a .358 Savage 99 asking $1299 at this last weekend's show.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Nuh-uhhh ! Without a pic, it didn't happen. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You gotta know SOMEONE with a digi camera - even 12 year-olds have camera phones, today. :roll: :mrgreen:

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Congratulations!
NRA Life Member