Winter in Kansas

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Winter in Kansas

Post by Beaker »

It's winter in KANSAS
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love KANSAS
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
You may think I'm a fool.
I could never leave KANSAS
Cause I'm frozen to the stool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winter in Kansas

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Very appropriate considering our current weather. Hope you dont mind, but I copied and posted on my Facebook.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Why is all this remakable? I don't care that it snowed in TX nor that it's cold in KS. It's winter. These conditons are to be expected in this season.

There are numerical accuracy tables for climatic conditons. Make allowances at the range.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

2571, the least you could do is shut the door to the privey. :shock:
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Them DETROIT folk must be gettin cranky seeing all the jobs are going south and real estate is in the PRIVEY! :roll:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

2571 wrote:Why is all this remakable? I don't care that it snowed in TX nor that it's cold in KS. It's winter. These conditons are to be expected in this season.

There are numerical accuracy tables for climatic conditons. Make allowances at the range.
The thread title said "Winter in Kansas", you clicked on it - and then remarked on it.

So, you tell me. Why is it remarkable? :roll:
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I don't care what anybody says, Beaker. That's pretty funny.
Old Law Dawg
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I am in northwest Arkansas, and on the mountain where I live, we have 10 to 12 inches of new snow, on top of the six that was lingering, and new drifts knee deep, and it's still comming down.

I could of made it into work, but with more comming down, I was a little worried about getting back up the mountain tonight, and I still got to go feed cattle and chop ice. I guess I will just stay around the farm today.

This globle warming is a bunch of BS.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Man! I cleaned the snow off of my Jimmy's hood this morning and warmed it up, before finally deciding not to go to work today, and I just looked outside and it's snowed another 6 inches on that hood, again. I think we have close to 16 inches of new snow, here on the mountain where I live, and drifts deeper then that. It's a real light powdery snow today, which might be a good thing, instead of a heavy wet snow.
NRA Life Member, Patron
RandyC
Levergunner

Post by RandyC »

I've been outside in -50 degree conditions in Alaska. But I've NEVER felt as miserably cold as rabbit hunting outside Arkansas City at 0 degrees and the wind howling in at around 30 mph.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

2571 wrote:Why is all this remakable? I don't care that it snowed in TX nor that it's cold in KS. It's winter. These conditons are to be expected in this season.

IT IS HUMOR! :wink: :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

OH NO!! He is starting to thaw out, HOLD yer NOSE :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Great post.
My story about Kansas where I grew up. I think it is funny, and it is true. When I was about 16 I was hunting pheasant near Liberal, Kansas with my Dad, older brother, and a friend of my Dad. It was so cold and windy that I actually stepped on a pheasant in a small clump of grass. The pheasant would not fly before getting stepped on, and when it squawked, I was startled and stepped off it to see what I had stepped on. In the snow and prairie grass it was as well hidden as any Green Beret could have hidden an antipersonnel mine. That pheasant rocketed up and I jumped back. I didn't even get off a shot. My dad and his friend Bruce were laughing so hard that they couldn't shoot either. It was about 30 mile per hour wind and it was around 15 degrees if I recall correctly.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

piller wrote:Great post.
My story about Kansas where I grew up. I think it is funny, and it is true. When I was about 16 I was hunting pheasant near Liberal, Kansas with my Dad, older brother, and a friend of my Dad. It was so cold and windy that I actually stepped on a pheasant in a small clump of grass. The pheasant would not fly before getting stepped on, and when it squawked, I was startled and stepped off it to see what I had stepped on. In the snow and prairie grass it was as well hidden as any Green Beret could have hidden an antipersonnel mine. That pheasant rocketed up and I jumped back. I didn't even get off a shot. My dad and his friend Bruce were laughing so hard that they couldn't shoot either. It was about 30 mile per hour wind and it was around 15 degrees if I recall correctly.
:lol:

Gotta love pheasant hunting in a blustery Kansas winter day. 8)
Rich N
Levergunner

Post by Rich N »

That snow carving is pretty darn creative. Nice job.