OT...CASE XX display score

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

OT...CASE XX display score

Post by Rube Burrows »

We have a local hardware store going out of business and I went in there the other day and asked if I could have the CaseXX display. He said yes and that he would sell it to me with the 18 knives that were left....Display for free and case knives 400.00. Well.....sadly, I could not afford the knives since I had just paid for my Marlin 1889. Told him thanks but the display would have to do. He said he would keep it till he sold the knifes or closed the doors for good.

Took about three weeks but he called me and told me the case was ready for pick up. Also told me several people were wanting the case and offering money but he was a man of his word and he told me I could have it.

I wasted no time in going to pick it up. Just in case the money started getting better and better. When I picked it up he had a sticky note on the back that had my name circled and about a half dozen others in line after me.

Here is what I picked up. I have a couple knives that can fill some slots but still need to obviously pick up lots more. May take me years to complete but I like it and will get some here and there to fill it up.

What I really love about it is all the storage inside the case. This thing will hold hundreds if not thousands of knives.....of all types.

RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT...CASE XX display score

Post by RIHMFIRE »

That is very cool case...it looks old too....
I have not seen a display that big either...great score....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

RIHMFIRE wrote:That is very cool case...it looks old too....
I have not seen a display that big either...great score....

Its a little over 6' tall.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That's super cool beans, bubba :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:mrgreen:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rube Burrows wrote:Took about three weeks but he called me and told me the case was ready for pick up. Also told me several people were wanting the case and offering money but he was a man of his word and he told me I could have it.
It is so sad to see that kind of person have to close their business.

I do as much business with the sole-proprieter and family-owned local franchises as possible; their big 'corporate' competition gets too many guvmint perks for my taste, and don't treat the customers as well, usually.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

AJMD429 wrote:
Rube Burrows wrote:Took about three weeks but he called me and told me the case was ready for pick up. Also told me several people were wanting the case and offering money but he was a man of his word and he told me I could have it.
It is so sad to see that kind of person have to close their business.

I do as much business with the sole-proprieter and family-owned local franchises as possible; their big 'corporate' competition gets too many guvmint perks for my taste, and don't treat the customers as well, usually.

I know, I have never known the man who owned the shop but have been shopping there for years. Its right here in my little town however. Within 10 miles there are two Home Depots and two Lowes. I guess he just cant compete with that.

It looks though as if he is turning his building into a place that will house at least three other businesses. Just not sure if he will have a hand in the other businesses.

I told him that I hate to see him close the doors. Now instead of driving the 2 miles to get something for the house or whatever.....I will have to drive the 10 miles and fight all of the traffic that comes along with it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The case itself is worth much more than the $400 he was asking for it and the knives. I think I would have begged or borrowed to have purchased it with knives for $400, but it's great you got it at all.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

marlinman93 wrote:The case itself is worth much more than the $400 he was asking for it and the knives. I think I would have begged or borrowed to have purchased it with knives for $400, but it's great you got it at all.

Yeah, I know. I thought about just doing it. I could have swung it but it would have made things tighter in other places. I had just shelled out hundreds of dollars in other places for my "toys" and just didnt do it. Im sure I will always regret that part of it but it over and done now. Now I can slowly get the knives that I want to fill it up.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Really cool Rube. :D You just see things like that anymore. Its very "old school". I bet that case is 30 years or more old.

Sometime in the year 2128, that case will be at some renowned auction and the starting bid will be $20,000. (if the world is still here)-----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Sixgun wrote:Really cool Rube. :D You just see things like that anymore. Its very "old school". I bet that case is 30 years or more old.

Sometime in the year 2128, that case will be at some renowned auction and the starting bid will be $20,000. (if the world is still here)-----------------Sixgun

I know .....darn it. Im usually too late for everything......and with this im way to early to collect my $20,000.......unless......You want to purchase it. Heck, I will sell it to you for half that. So, PM me and we can get you squared away for $10,000. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Rube Burrows wrote:So, PM me and we can get you squared away for $10,000.
10G's? Its a deal! :D Ha! The way the feds are printing out money, 10 g's don't sound too bad.----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Real nice!!!!!!
"That'll Be The Day"
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Thanks.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Very nice display. Now all you need is to fill it with some knives. That is where the fun begins.