OT Reloading

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

OT Reloading

Post by hondo1892 »

Has anyone here ever ordered from T&T Reloading or Powder Valley Inc. T&T has good prices on handgun brass that I need and Powder Vally had good prices on primers and powder. I usually don't order powder or primers but the prices on the site are several dollars less than the same around my house.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT Reloading

Post by hondo1892 »

Also whats your favorite 44 spl load? Fun to shoot and a good hunting load.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Powder Valley is a great place to buy from. I've bought from them before with zero problems.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Powder Valley has long had an excellent reputation.

I use the Skeeter Skelton load for most of my .44 Specials. 7.5 gr. Unique, 250 gr. Keith (nominal weight), standard primer.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Powder Valley is just down the road from us...and if I'm in the area, I like to stop in and buy a pound or two. Good folks to deal with, and all about customer service from what I've seen.

Ed
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Powder Valley is a great outfit. I have been using them for years. The best part is they ship powder and primers together so there is just one hazmat fee :D
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

+1 on Powder Valley. Bought brass from them too.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Another + for Powder Valley. I have never dealt with T&T. Best part about Powder Valley is they combine Powder and Primers for one hazmat, and will ship in the same box.

Cabela's is terrible about that. Cabela's has small rifle primers on sale so I ordered 10,000 primers from Cabela's. Plus I also orderd a 5# jug of Trail Boss. The shipping charges for that stuff(only that stuff) was over $77. They wanted to charge me for two Hazmat fees. And over $18 a box for two separate boxes.

I called them about it, and they said it was their policy. So I told them it was my policy to cancel the order from them and purchase from Powder Valley. This is the second time Cabela's tried to rape me on shipping. They will not get a third chance.

So in other words check with suppliers of powder and primers that combine shipping and hazmat fees. Tom.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Hobie wrote:I use the Skeeter Skelton load for most of my .44 Specials. 7.5 gr. Unique, 250 gr. Keith (nominal weight), standard primer.
+1

A very nice target load but will still exit just about any deer you smack behind or through the shoulders with.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Thanks for all the feed back. Good to hear that some places still try to help the customers.
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Thanks for the link I had found them once before but had forgotten the name. :|
If a guy wanted to buy in bulk he could save some money.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

I also heard that the big warehouse stores[Cabelas, Midway] don't have the primers and powder on the grounds. They ship your order of primers and powder from different places. Thats why the two shipping and hazmat fees. At least that's what I heard :D
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Powder Valley has always done right by me.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jeff H »

Hobie wrote:.....I use the Skeeter Skelton load for most of my .44 Specials. 7.5 gr. Unique, 250 gr. Keith (nominal weight), standard primer.
Another vote for the "Skeeter Load."

I shot some 215 grain SWCs yesterday over 7.7 grains of Unique at 15 yards, and if not for my unsteady hand, I wouldn't have been able to tell five shots from three on the target.

I have been experimenting with RDO's 432-265 but the only load I remember is 5.5 grains of W231. I have some loaded with 2400 and IMR 4227 but have not tried them.

I had a Herco load under the 250 SWC but can find the card I wrote it on. It was right around 950 fps.

Never used either of the supply houses mentioned, but have always stuck with Midsouth Shooter's Supply. Their prices always bettered Midway's but I have not bought from either in quite a while. Been up "old stock" since prices sky-rocketed.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Going purely from memory - so probably not 100% accurate, but I am pretty sure I purchased some T&T bullets at some point in the past. I think these were 158-grain LSWC's for the .38 Special/.357 Magnum, and I used them all up. Got them at a gun show years ago. Worked well! :D