OT--We all Age and get smarter.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

OT--We all Age and get smarter.

Post by Pitchy »

I`ve been called worse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--We all Age and get smarter.

Post by Pitchy »

That was supposed to be funny :roll: that`s Chewy a donkey we used to have until he kicked me once to many times. :mrgreen:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I look and feel more and more like Chewy everday as well! :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Sometimes it just takes more lessons before it sinks in. I don't know much about mules but I got a buddy by the name of James Brown, a little white fella, that is quite a good farrier that specializes in mule shoes. He made one for a demonstration during a hammer-in at my place a year ago that is hanging in my shop. The picture is of he and I at Quad State last year during the Saturday evening forging competition.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Blacksmithing is hard work all right and installing those shoes is more work yet.
Used to have a big Belgian that took a size "lots of work" :lol:
Been told i am as stubborn as a mule a few times. :mrgreen:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
antilley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by antilley »

my step dad was a big coon hunter and we rode mules in the woods a LOT. All of our hunting mules could jump fences and most of the time we didn't even take a trailer if we had 2 trucks going to hunt. we just jumped em in back of the truck.

I spent most of my youth 'breaking' wild donkey's and mules .....and being behind one when training them to jump.

The scariest moment of my youth is when we rode up on a den of rattlesnakes at night and the mule broke loose and in a panic i dropped the split reins (i was only 13 or so).... took me forever (it seemed) to get the mule to whoa up.....

Stepfather was also a master on his homemade slingshot (i will not call it what he called it) .... he shot these 1 inch looking glass marbles and he could knock a coon out of a tree ....kill snakes ....one night he killed a deer with one --- a head shot on a spike right at the base of the antler.... Dropped it right there
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Chewy was a donkey, we`ve never had a mule but i know they are good for a lot of things and are sure footed. A friend in Washington had one and he showed us how it could jump, we were amazed at how high they could jump. :shock:
This little guy on the other had was good for nothing except to laugh at, we had a St. Bernard and Chewy would chase her out of his pasture. The dog would submit and lay down at which time the donkey would stomp the dog. I know that`s what is natural for them but the St. Bernard had been part of the family longer so Chewy went to someone elses house. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.