OT Stupid question, but...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

OT Stupid question, but...

Post by Otto »

... is there any way to tell, by looking at a photograph, whether a pistol has a parkerized steel frame, or an anodized aluminum frame? Sellers never specify, and if you send them a question they rarely answer. Even if they do, I don't trust them when they list features in the description that are clearly not present in the photos.

I honestly don't know how some of these guns ever get sold, but then again I know of a couple which have been listed for four years or longer.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT Stupid question, but...

Post by bj94 »

I would think twice about buying from someone that wouldn't answer my email.
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

bj94 wrote:I would think twice about buying from someone that wouldn't answer my email.
I agree, but like I said, even if they do answer, I'm not confident in the accuracy of the information they provide.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Not an answer to your direct question, but a comment on your most common situation. As internet buyers, or gun buyers in general, we trade off a guarantee for price. The assumption being (often a false assumption too), that a new gun if not on the up and up will be made so by the manufacturer. We give up that security when we buy second hand. I always try and remember that a second hand gun most of the time has been rejected by it's previous owner for one reason or another. I take the chance that the reason a gun was rejected prior is due to reasons other than malfunction/or unknown to me negative conditions. In doing so, I make the assumption that the previous owner will most of the time be honest and up front. Unless a person is willing to accept the general honesty of most sellers, then the only other option is limit yourself to "new".

Ed