My Favorite "Fred Bear" Quote

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

My Favorite "Fred Bear" Quote

Post by cshold »

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

:)
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Favorite "Fred Bear" Quote

Post by RIHMFIRE »

absolutely!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

< edited to remove my prior comment... >

It wasn't all bad, but I don't won't to ruin this post or Fred's excellent quote with my rant... Sorry about that...

Old No7
Last edited by Old No7 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

If I let a man stand between me and God, that might mean he is closer to God than I am!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Hi Cassette :)

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Nath wrote:Hi Cassette :)

Nath.
Well Hi back at yeah Sir Nathster :D
I think you were meaning me anyway… :wink:

Mike 8)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

casastahle wrote:

Nath.

Mike 8)
I can't spell your dang handle, just looks like cassette to me :roll: what with my blind eye n' patch on t'other, a limp n' aching joints,,,,,,,

N :)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Nath wrote:
casastahle wrote:

Nath.

Mike 8)
I can't spell your dang handle, just looks like cassette to me :roll: what with my blind eye n' patch on t'other, a limp n' aching joints,,,,,,,

Nath,
That's why the created the "copy and paste". Just for crotchety old pharts who can't spell. :wink:
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

J Miller wrote:
Nath wrote:
casastahle wrote:

Nath.

Mike 8)

Nath,
That's why the created the "copy and paste". Just for crotchety old pharts who can't spell. :wink:
Dang it! There you go again Joe, pointing out the blasted obvious that even a fool could figure out but no not this silly fool, I'm a special fool see.

Now why couldn't I of figured that out, maybe I don't want to know that answer!

Thanks Joe :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Nath,

I'm still laughing at your answer. As I read it my minds eye pictured Walter Brennen having that tirade at John Wayne in Rio Bravo. It just struck me as hilarious.

Casastahle, please forgive my hijacking of your thread.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

J Miller wrote:Nath,

I'm still laughing at your answer. As I read it my minds eye pictured Walter Brennen having that tirade at John Wayne in Rio Bravo. It just struck me as hilarious.

Casastahle, please forgive my hijacking of your thread.

Joe
No problem Joe, hijack away :wink:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Great quote! :D
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

Here is one of my favorite quotes from the MAN.

"To the housewife a piece of meat wrapped neatly in plastic has no more emotional effect than a bunch of carrots. But let someone say he is going hunting and her heart bleeds with sympathy for the game. " Fred Bear

Fred Bear will always have a special place in my heart because my first Bow came from someone
very close to me, that Worked for and Personally knew Fred Bear. :) This at such an early age changed my life forever. :)
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Fred Bear was a true gentleman of the sport and did more for modern bowhunting than any one man for the time he was with us. I was in the field hunting rabbits with my little recurve in 1958 and have used recurves ever since. Fred inspired so many......

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Fred Bear was a fine person, and a good man. That is his biggest praise. But he sure could shoot a bow.

My uncle worked for him for over 30 years. And retired as VP of the company. I met Mr. Bear on several occasions, and was able to shoot bows with him a couple times. He was an incredible instinctive shooter. It was unbelievable to watch him shoot a bow. Not so much hitting the X every time, but the way in which he could hit the X. Just incredible.

When I was a youngster I spent a few evenings around a campfire with him in Grayling. But I never really knew of his status when I was a kid. But he treated me very well.

My uncle told me on more than a couple of occasions that the sorriest day Fred said he ever had was the day he decided to move from Grayling to Gainesville. My uncle said it was strictly a business decision. But he hated making that decision.

The last time I saw him was in his office in Gainesville. It was a sad thing to see a man like that who climbed many a mountain-sitting in his chair with an oxygen container. Very sad indeed. Tom.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

His anchor point allways gets me, I can't do it like that!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I always wondered how high Fred Bear sat in a tree !
mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

I bet there were some serious discussions with St. Peter about Fred's lifelong, vehement hatred of labor unions and his vicious treatment of his emplyees during the Grayling strike.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

mouthpiece wrote:I bet there were some serious discussions with St. Peter about Fred's lifelong, vehement hatred of labor unions and his vicious treatment of his emplyees during the Grayling strike.

That is a pretty sorry thing to write in a post where people think highly of Fred. But I happen to know a little bit about what you are talking about. And there are two sides to every story. And I believe you are showing a little bit of bias in your side. And I believe your side is a bit distorted. And I come from a Union Family of Coal Miners in WV. Tom.
mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

I am not a union member but was nonetheless appalled by Fred Bear's comportment throughout the 3 year strike.

Truth is a complete defense.

I think it sorry to attribute high moral principal to a person so patently devoid of love of his fellow man and every common decency. Mr. Bear, as his vindictive actions consistently demonstrated, was not worthy of praise nor the righteous adulaton suggested in prior posts. Claims about his high Christian values are decidedly mistaken.

Would you as well, have me withold my occasional disagreement about the relative merits of different leverguns so as to not offend a rare, delicate sensibility here?
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Yes I would expect you to with hold those comments. As many of us do all the time when we think negative of a topic, but decide it not worth the injection. Such as yours was. Tom.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Come on guys, I’m sure starting to get a poster’s complex here.
Seems like my post topics do nothing but cause controversy. :roll: :)
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Well?
Gobbler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Click Boom
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Well, I'm stepping away from this one, that's for sure. Has all the earmarks of something going nasty now. Shame it turned into this. Let's at least try to act a bit civil huh?.......Or not. Anyway, I'm outta here.

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!