OT-1953 Ford Jubilee-Pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

OT-1953 Ford Jubilee-Pics

Post by Jarhead »

I love old tractors, cars, and motorcylces. Here's a pic of my 1953 Ford. I bought this off a 90 year old farmer who was the original owner. Also have a 1950 8N, but I like this one better cause she's got live hydrolics. 8)
Anybody else into old tractors? Post some PICs...I'd love to see them.
ImageImage
Semper Fi
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-1953 Ford Jubilee-Pics

Post by Pitchy »

Nice Ford 8)

My current tractor a JD 60, wide front.

Just sold this Farmall M with Trojan utility speed patrol grader on it.

I have pics of more tractors i`ll post later. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Pitchy,
Thanks for sharing. Neat!! :D
How much did you sell the grader for? Man that's cool 8)
Last edited by Jarhead on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I can't remember anymore which tractor my grandfather had... oh, wait I've got photos! That's me driving. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Hobie, that looks like a 9N.
This is my 8N/9N halfbreed. My sister, while she visited,and myself back during the build. Since sold it as I didn't need it and it took up a whole bay of the garage.
Gobbler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Click Boom
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Hobbie,
That's such a neat picture! :) Looks like a 9N...
Doesn't look like you've changed a whole heck of a lot :lol: Just kiddin' :P

Gobbler,
Very cool 8) Nice cabin too! 8)
Last edited by Jarhead on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

This is my 1928 Huber 20-40 at the Tulsa State Fair back in 2007. Our group (Oklahoma Steam Threshers & Gas Engine Association) took several tractors, a steam engine and and 1890's automatic shingle mill to the fair that year and sawed cedar shingles and branded them for the 10 days of the fair. I think I have posted pictures of my steam engines before so there is no need to post them again. I also have a 1937 Model C Case on steel and a 1937 Model CC Case on rubber. Not to mention several gas engines and a couple of old trucks.

HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

all I got is a measly little 20 hp Husqvarna lawn tractor.....

pitchy......nice dragster :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I have a John Deere 1010 utility tractor. No pictures.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Cimarron,

Learn something every day... :wink: I've never seen a Huber before. Oklahoma has some great tractor shows. I sure wish they had shows out west. Thanks for sharing. 8)
Semper Fi
JBledsoe
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JBledsoe »

Jarhead wrote:Cimarron,

Learn something every day... :wink: I've never seen a Huber before. Oklahoma has some great tractor shows. I sure wish they had shows out west. Thanks for sharing. 8)
We do have shows "out west". Isn't Oregon out west? It was yesterday. :mrgreen:
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

JBledsoe wrote:
Jarhead wrote:Cimarron,

We do have shows "out west". Isn't Oregon out west? It was yesterday. :mrgreen:
:lol: Glad you enjoyed the show. 8) Life is good...enjoy the ride. 8) Everyday's a holiday and huntin' camp is year around. :mrgreen:

Got a tractor pic to share? I'd love to see it.... :D
Semper Fi
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Cimarron wrote:This is my 1928 Huber 20-40 at the Tulsa State Fair back in 2007. Our group (Oklahoma Steam Threshers & Gas Engine Association) took several tractors, a steam engine and and 1890's automatic shingle mill to the fair that year and sawed cedar shingles and branded them for the 10 days of the fair. I think I have posted pictures of my steam engines before so there is no need to post them again. I also have a 1937 Model C Case on steel and a 1937 Model CC Case on rubber. Not to mention several gas engines and a couple of old trucks.

I "had" a Huber very similar to yours !
Mine was a 22-36 and instead of one big block it had a pair of double cylinder jugs ! I assume it was a little later model then yours but it was still steel all way around ! Sold it to a friend before I ever got it running !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

We used to have an old Pop n Johnny John Deere, I think it was a B Model. Easiest starting tractor I ever seen. It had a flywheel on the side as well is the handle on the front. You opened the petcocks on the cylinders and spin it over. Always cranked quick, once it was idling, you closed the petcocks to get compression. No hydralics it used the drag type impliments.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

"No hydraulics it used the drag type implements."
Mr. Ferguson was the man for inventing the three point lift, wasn't he? He saved a lot of lives with that.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Hobie wrote:I can't remember anymore which tractor my grandfather had... oh, wait I've got photos! That's me driving. :lol:
That looks like a Ford / Ferguson.

I need to refresh the paint on my 8N ,which my grandfather bought in 1950. But I'm waiting till my son is a little older so he can help.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

BenT wrote:

I need to refresh the paint on my 8N ,which my grandfather bought in 1950. But I'm waiting till my son is a little older so he can help.
BenT
I have a 1950 8N as well. She's all rusty and needs to be restored, but she runs and everything works. The engine smokes and needs a rebuild. Mines a front distributor model. You don't have to worry about finding parts. Even new sheet metal is available. That's neat that you have your Grandfather's tractor to restore and pass down to your son. Mike
Semper Fi
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Jarhead wrote:
BenT wrote:

BenT
I have a 1950 8N as well. She's all rusty and needs to be restored, but she runs and everything works. The engine smokes and needs a rebuild. Mines a front distributor model. You don't have to worry about finding parts. Even new sheet metal is available. That's neat that you have your Grandfather's tractor to restore and pass down to your son. Mike

My father and I rebuilt the 8N around 10 years ago . It is a front distributor also, which is a pain to set the point gap on and it has to be Right On or it won't run. I raked a lot of hay with the one I have. In the time before ATV's , this 8N ford was my grandfather ATV. Well into his 80's that was what he drove around the farm. Wether it was to check on us cutting fire wood , boiling sap, or gutting out a deer. Grandpa always showed up on this 8N.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Dang it ! You guys have all the neat stuff. Only thing "old" I have are guns, a wringer washing machine, my wife, and a few dogs. :D

Jarhead,
I think your puttin' us on about your new cabin. I bet your gonna live in that tent and that new "cabin" is really a garage for all your toys. :D You know, a man has to set his priorities on where the important stuff goes. The cabin is probably humidity controlled so no rust forms and is complete with a lift and CNC machinery to make parts, etc. :D

At least thats what my wife tells me all the time. She says I have more money in the gunroom and the garage than I do in the living quarters. Like I said, "A man has to set his priorities" :D --------------Sixgun

Well, its not old, but it is cool.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Sixgun wrote:Dang it ! You guys have all the neat stuff. Only thing "old" I have are guns, a wringer washing machine, my wife, and a few dogs. :D

Jarhead,
I think your puttin' us on about your new cabin. I bet your gonna live in that tent and that new "cabin" is really a garage for all your toys. :D You know, a man has to set his priorities on where the important stuff goes. The cabin is probably humidity controlled so no rust forms and is complete with a lift and CNC machinery to make parts, etc. :D

At least thats what my wife tells me all the time. She says I have more money in the gunroom and the garage than I do in the living quarters. Like I said, "A man has to set his priorities" :D --------------Sixgun

Well, its not old, but it is cool.
Sixgun,

Those Kabota's are mighty fine tractors. Wish I had one with a front bucket, but can't afford one :roll: I'd have to sell that '37 Model 71 Short Rifle, and that just ain't gonna happen :wink:

"Only thing "old" I have are guns, a wringer washing machine, my wife, and a few dogs" :lol: LMAO
Semper Fi
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jarhead wrote: I'd have to sell that '37 Model 71 Short Rifle, and that just ain't gonna happen :wink:
Leatherneck,
When it comes to Model 71's, it don't get no better than a pre-war carbine. Thats a rifle you take to the end. :D Like you said, "It ain't gonna happen" Smart move :wink: -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Jarhead wrote:I love old tractors, cars, and motorcylces. Here's a pic of my 1953 Ford. I bought this off a 90 year old farmer who was the original owner. Also have a 1950 8N, but I like this one better cause she's got live hydrolics. 8)
Anybody else into old tractors? Post some PICs...I'd love to see them.
ImageImage
Your '53 Ford is identical to the one my Uncle had when I was a kid and worked for him on his farm. I loved driving that thing at 13 yrs. old, but then I thought driving anything was cool!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
sureshot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by sureshot »

Here is my Farmall A and my dog Wolfy (RIP) . My Grandfather bought it brand new in 1941.

RED POWER!

Steve
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

sureshot wrote:Here is my Farmall A and my dog Wolfy (RIP) . My Grandfather bought it brand new in 1941.

RED POWER!

Steve
Marlinman,

I can relate to what's it's like to be 13 and gettin' to drive a tractor. Nothin' better and good memories for sure. :)

Steve,

Dadgum that's a beautiful tractor. Mighty fine, and to be your Grandfather's makes it even better. :) Thanks for sharin'

PS: Nice lookin' hound too. Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well.

Mike
Semper Fi
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

I found a couple of pictures of my 1937 Case Model C. We are binding wheat in preperation to thresh it. We plant a small 7 acre patch every year and harvest it in this old way. The binder is a John Deer 8'. Pictures were taken on June 14th 2008 and the temperature was in the high 90's as I recall. We have since gotten a new late '30's International Harvester binder.
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Cimarron wrote:I found a couple of pictures of my 1937 Case Model C. We are binding wheat in preperation to thresh it. We plant a small 7 acre patch every year and harvest it in this old way. The binder is a John Deer 8'. Pictures were taken on June 14th 2008 and the temperature was in the high 90's as I recall. We have since gotten a new late '30's International Harvester binder.
Wow! That's double 8) 8) cool. Amazing. I have a Marine Brother who lives in Oklahoma, but every time I visit I miss the tractor shows. He lives near Tishamingo in a little place called Ravia. I think thats how you spell it. Thanks for sharing. :D I'd sure love to see your old pick ups? Nothing better than old PU trucks and the smell of fresh cut hay. :) Most of my youth was spent on an 8N in the summer raking hay. I drove to school every day in an old 42 Chevy PU that a buddy had. A rare year due to WW2. No syncro gears and he had to double clutch to shift.
Mike
Semper Fi
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cimarron, we had a binder just like that, pulled it with a B -JD.
Here`s a picture of some oats we put up and thrashed out using a AR--JD.

Un styled JD-B

Styled B

WC Alice

B Alice

WD Alice

U Moline

Another B

F-14 with high low range.

Half scale Nichols and Sheppard

We used to saw some big pine logs and why i`m called Pitchy.

Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Pitchy,

Nice 'ole tractors 8) Really cool 8)
Semper Fi