OT: Civil War Vets on Film

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Civil War Vets on Film

Post by C. Cash »

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: Civil War Vets on Film

Post by Gobblerforge »

And then some. Shelby Foote as well Morgan Freeman have voices that I could listen for ever.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I recall seeing that several years ago. Brought a tear then, did it again just now.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Indeed - there are others there too that are interesting.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Wonderful and horrible at the same time.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I have seen that video several times and it never fails to bring on a rush of mixed feelings. Those old boys shared a death struggle of blood and tears, and the bond forged took time to set, but set it did. It was stronger than the hate, anger and bitterness of defeat. God bless them all, Rebel and Lincolnite alike!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's sad that today, Kids can't tell you much of anything about ANY of the prior wars our nation fought and died in.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

It is a hellish crucible that advances our civilization, leaving behind dead and maimed in great numbers. And yet it seems a necessary part of how we move, in fits and starts, from tree-dwelling grass-eaters to what we have wrought today, and will create in the future.
Certified gun nut
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That was very cool. Kinda gives me a twinge of guilt as to the hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died and suffered so I/we can shoot and collect guns and other freedoms. We can walk out of our nice homes, into our nice vehicles to go shoot. We can live our 3 score and twenty in peace and security.

My hat is off to every veteran who ever lived. I have already lived close to 3 times the life of the average soldier who died fighting for our freedom. Thank you veterans, past and present.------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Sixgun wrote:That was very cool. Kinda gives me a twinge of guilt as to the hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died and suffered so I/we can shoot and collect guns and other freedoms. We can walk out of our nice homes, into our nice vehicles to go shoot. We can live our 3 score and twenty in peace and security.

My hat is off to every veteran who ever lived. I have already lived close to 3 times the life of the average soldier who died fighting for our freedom. Thank you veterans, past and present.------------Sixgun
Amen to that Sixgun! I went to Gettysburg with the family on Saturday.....looking across the field of Picketts charge, Devils Den and Little Round Top. As Mike Johnson says...that place is hallowed ground.

Thought these were interesting as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLMroT2 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOdxbkuAM9c
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Sixgun wrote:That was very cool. Kinda gives me a twinge of guilt as to the hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died and suffered so I/we can shoot and collect guns and other freedoms. We can walk out of our nice homes, into our nice vehicles to go shoot. We can live our 3 score and twenty in peace and security.

Nicely said, sir! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Really amazing!
tomtex
Levergunner 2.0

Post by tomtex »

Gee ,why are my eyes wet.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Yes sir, when I visited Gettysburg years ago I was moved to tears. There is a aura surrounding that place.

When I was a kid, we had an old Confederate soldier living in our town. He was quite the celebrity. He apparently still is. After watching the video linked by the OP, this one popped up next on the screen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwVk3ChLRbA
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

LEST WE FORGET