Breaking news....about the royal bs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Breaking news....about the royal bs

Post by RIHMFIRE »

The day before the royal waste of time and money....
Prince william was caught at his bachelor party stuffing money
with his grandmas picture on it.....in the bikini of a topless dancer...
news at eleven...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Breaking news....about the royal bs

Post by stretch »

Rihmfire, you've got an evil, evil mind.......

(ROFLMAO!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

In an even stranger turn of events, BBC has learned that the the topless bikini dancer is named "Steve".
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Jarhead
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jarhead »

Makes a fella want to puke! Disgusting people :roll:
Semper Fi
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

at least give them the respect they deserve for striking the Obamas from the guest list.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I don't think that William should be held responsible for any of his perverse or immoral proclivities, I mean, he's an Englishman for heaven's sake, and Charlie the Tampon's son on top of that.

I think that Kate's a good looking girl. What a smile.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I personally think this thread is disgusting and has no place on this high class forum.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

J Miller wrote:I personally think this thread is disgusting and has no place on this high class forum.
Joe
Okay, I cracked a smile, please don't sue... I don't know if it was meant "...tongue in cheek..." or what... nor do I care. Gotta agree with Joe.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

its just a joke guys...

but,..... why in the world would any body care about these two....
the media coverage.. its way overboard...

but.......not as bad as our idiot in chief
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

The brides smokin' :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The way I see it, there's not a dimes worth of difference between the Limeys and the %#@*. (of course, I do not include our gun loving Brits. :D )We have saved those two and the french from disaster, gave 'em billions of bucks (which has never been repaid) , a half million of our soldiers lives, and what do we get for it? --We get a no-fly zone and get called redneck cowboys.

I really can't imagine ANYONE wanting to spend money and take a vacation just to see those phonies get married. The news media claimed the marriage cost 80 million pounds---which they will probably ask us to pay for.--------------Sixgun
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

The Brits were a helluva gritty bunch in WWII. I've always admired them for that. I love and respect tradition whether its Aggies at A&M or my "cousins" in the UK. I got up at 5 EDT this morning and watched the whole telecast and really enjoyed it. I-like-at-stuff! Dang me!

T.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

J Miller you got it right, enough said.
mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

I really like this site except for people interjecting politics into gun posts.

Even in a non-firearm post, folk gotta force their sentiments about the current president on us.

Not everybody who visits this forum is a t-party, birther, narrow-minded conservative white bigot.

Why can't we just denigrate the brits like red-bloooded Americans without dragging this coversation into politics?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

mouthpiece wrote:I really like this site except for people interjecting politics into gun posts.

Even in a non-firearm post, folk gotta force their sentiments about the current president on us.

Not everybody who visits this forum is a t-party, birther, narrow-minded conservative white bigot.

Why can't we just denigrate the brits like red-bloooded Americans without dragging this coversation into politics?
:o :shock: :? :roll:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Public Holiday in the UK, so I went hunting rabbits and squirrels with my 9422, ...never saw any of the wedding.

I've been married twice and don't need reminding! :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pop Watts »

Unfortunately I have been out bush hunying for a week and only got back tonight.
Too bad I missed the wedding because I suppose all of us subjects here in Australia were supposed to watch it as well.
His Grandmothers picture is on our money to you know!!!
Pop.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Why do some think we have to denigrate the Royal Family or the British to start with? Like it or not, if it weren't for the British WE wouldn't be here. In the grand scheme of things we (the US) England, Canada, and Australia are inextricably connected and just about the only real friends each other has on this planet.

It's not weather or not we wanted to watch the media circus of the Royal wedding, but it was a big deal to many in this world. As game keeper and Pop Watts said, they had better/other things to do, so did many of us. For some silly reason my wife and I woke up much earlier than usual so we turned it on and watched. And for the most part we enjoyed it. With the exception of the prattering BaBaWaWa and the other blond American talking head were doing that is.

Queen Elizabeth II has been queen now almost 60 years. I find that impressive.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23041&p=282261

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION on this matter.

Edited because perhaps Blaine was right.

Joe
Last edited by J Miller on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Joe...try the decaff, Bro.... :wink: :lol: Actually, you just insulted the Royals...saying they are just like our Commander in Chump :P :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

BlaineG wrote:Joe...try the decaff, Bro.... :wink: :lol: Actually, you just insulted the Royals...saying they are just like our Commander in Chump :P :P
Blaine,
I did not intend to insult the Royals, I did not intend to compare them to the dufas in the White House so I edited my post.
And I've only had one small bottle of Coca Cola. Not enough caffeine to wake a mouse.

Joe
Last edited by J Miller on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

J Miller wrote:Why do some think we have to denigrate the Royal Family or the British to start with? Like it or not, if it weren't for the British WE wouldn't be here. In the grand scheme of things we (the US) England, Canada, and Australia are inextricably connected and just about the only real friends each other has on this planet.

It's not weather or not we wanted to watch the media circus of the Royal wedding, but it was a big deal to many in this world. As game keeper and Pop Watts said, they had better/other things to do, so did many of us. For some silly reason my wife and I woke up much earlier than usual so we turned it on and watched. And for the most part we enjoyed it. With the exception of the prattering BaBaWaWa and the other blond American talking head were doing that is.

The only real difference between America's and the British royal family, is we get rid of ours ever 4 or 8 years and they keep theirs. Queen Elisabeth has been queen now almost 60 years. I find that impressive.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23041&p=282261

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION on this matter.

Joe
Joe, thanks for fighting our corner so well. It's a shame that you were not able to watch the BBC coverage - no blond bimbos or commercial breaks. I watched it because I am proud of our heritage and traditions - we Brits may not be able to win a war on our own but we sure can organise and run world class state events. I also watched it because my son and daughter are both Metropolitan Police officers manning the route. With almost a million people on the streets there were only 51 arrests, and all for minor offences.
Sixgun, the cost to UK taxpayers was £10million, the rest came from existing budgets and royal funds. That £10million was more than compensated by the revenue from tourists so we won't be asking you for a donation.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

perry owens wrote:<snip>
Joe, thanks for fighting our corner so well. It's a shame that you were not able to watch the BBC coverage - no blond bimbos or commercial breaks. I watched it because I am proud of our heritage and traditions - we Brits may not be able to win a war on our own but we sure can organise and run world class state events. I also watched it because my son and daughter are both Metropolitan Police officers manning the route. With almost a million people on the streets there were only 51 arrests, and all for minor offences.
Sixgun, the cost to UK taxpayers was £10million, the rest came from existing budgets and royal funds. That £10million was more than compensated by the revenue from tourists so we won't be asking you for a donation.
Perry Owens
Perry,
I was hoping I'd had that edited before someone quoted it :oops:

I've noticed a trend in the US in recent years to put down other smaller countries. Most of the time I don't agree with it nor understand it. We here in the US do not have traditions like the UK does. Perhaps that's good, perhaps not. But I do enjoy them. And I do respect the British people and yes even the Monarchy.

51 arrests for minor offenses out of nearly a million people?!?! That is just about as insignificant as you can get. Not hardly worth mentioning it.

Joe
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

one-third of the world watched it live - so it must mean something.
I suspect there were also many amorous women around the world last evening. (here's your clue - run with it). It is a princess storybook.
I also predict it will be reflected in the birth rate 9 months from today, as well as the next generation of baby names.
Honestly, I didn't watch it, but my girlfriend was already watching the re-run last night.
I just don't see how one can knock it. May not be your cup-o'tea, but it's certainly one of the more positive events in the media in a long time.
It happens but once in a generation. Given the 15-day national attention span, it's a monumental event.

There is also a huge break with Royal tradition here. The new dutchess is a commoner - not royal blood, and she will be the next queen.
She's an American-type princess - like Grace Kelly or Elizabeth Taylor - a product of entrepreneurship.
(and with a hell of a lot more class than our current crop of princesses growing up in Hollywood and hotel money)

I don't know if many of you have seen the King's Speech - if you haven't, you should, but the politics of Edward's abdication and Albert's ascension were huge. With a war looming and inevitable, House of Lords would have petitioned against Edward's coronation because of Mrs. Simpson. (The American media of the '30s tried to make that a romantic storybook, but they would need to call it The Whore and the Idiot Fallen King.) They're facing the exact same choice with Charles (Queen Camilla my ...), and that is why Charles will rescind and pass the throne straight to William. Even though there could be, there will be no petition of Lords over Queen Katie.
stanforth
Levergunner 1.0

Post by stanforth »

Just think. If it wasn't for some unpleasantness around 1776 we might have had your President in Buckingham Palace :o
Thank god for the American Revolution. :mrgreen:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

stanforth wrote:Just think. If it wasn't for some unpleasantness around 1776 we might have had your President in Buckingham Palace :o
Quite right, what? You can have the bloody toff right now, if you care to.... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

stanforth wrote:Just think. If it wasn't for some unpleasantness around 1776 we might have had your President in Buckingham Palace :o
Doing what? Serving tea and biscuits from a silver tray?

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

stanforth,
In this case I think the revolution did you guys a big service. Trust me, you wouldn't want dufas either. :lol:

Joe
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard someone talking about it on the radio the day of the wedding. They were saying that the Royal family is paid around 30 million a year. For that all the things associated with them generate many times that amount in tourist dollars.

On the other hand Americans pay over 300 million for the upkeep of the White House not to mention the presidents salary and the costs of his upkeep. In turn we get nowhere near that amount in tourism.

Maybe their way isn't so bad after all. But then maybe we as Americans should just develop the habit of minding our own business, since not doing just that has gotten us in most of the troubles we're in today.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Our founding fathers made a great break with colonial tyranny and in the name of Christianity.
Where are the Unitarians and Congregationalists who founded our country? For the most part, their churches faded. Episcopalians are, of course, the Americanized Anglican church. There are some lines of the old Anabaptists mostly in the NE.
But for the most part, the major protestant denominations in our country were founded by Scot and British missionaries who arrived right after the civil war.
The same spirit and reason that founded our country was driving hard in England as well - it started there before it settled here.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

perry owens wrote: Sixgun, the cost to UK taxpayers was £10million, the rest came from existing budgets and royal funds. That £10million was more than compensated by the revenue from tourists so we won't be asking you for a donation.
Perry Owens

Perry,
Whew! Thanks! I was worried a bit as last time it cost the Yanks a fortune and 500,000 lives to keep all of Europe from speaking Adolf's native tongue. :D

On a serious note, my real disgust comes with the french as the Brits are a tough bunch. They had the you-know-whats to keep going and going against many odds. I currently have a very good friend, (who is now in his mid eighties & living in London at the time---**and is a native of the North**-----Ireland :D ) who told me many stories of suffering, especially when those big rockets came flying in.

Those stinkin' snail eatin' slimeballs hold the bodies of tens of thousands of OUR soldiers in their soil. I have yet to hear of a thank you OR any type of a promise to repay the billions of $$. Then they keep us from a "fly over" a few years back because they were "afraid" of retaliation from the ragheads. They now get what they deserve with the ragheads overrunning their country. Let 'em sit out on their cozy cafes talking about how all of us "should help the unfortunate" when all the "unfortunate" wants to do is kill us all. :wink: -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

It was really cool to watch. Total class all the way and I applaud them for that. Sure beat watching a bunch of dunces with baggy pants and ball caps on sideways jump up and down "trying" (but not succeeding) in putting a complete sentence together in English..... LOL
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

bulldog1935 wrote:at least give them the respect they deserve for striking the Obamas from the guest list.
+1 :twisted:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:Public Holiday in the UK, so I went hunting rabbits and squirrels with my 9422, ...never saw any of the wedding.

I've been married twice and don't need reminding! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as I tried not to wtach, I did catch a few minutes of the event. I think it was the "parade" from the church to Buckingham. I have to admit it, it was interesting - just to see all the uniforms, and the pomp and circumstance. I heard someone say that in addition to the gussied-up soliders visible for the ceremonies, they had 6,000 soliders/security forces all around. Shame that one would have to take such precautions.

To me, given the British monarchy has no real power (correct me if I am wrong), I see it as an interesting respect paid to a previous time and tradition. No harm, no foul - and it doesn't impact anyone outside of the UK (accept British Crown Colonies, perhaps), so it really isn't our business. If they want to throw a royal party - pun intended - so be it! Interesting how strong the ties are between the US and Britian still - and hopefully always will be.

I'm just glad that GK got a day off to hunt! :D
stanforth
Levergunner 1.0

Post by stanforth »

Sixgun wrote:
perry owens wrote: Sixgun, the cost to UK taxpayers was £10million, the rest came from existing budgets and royal funds. That £10million was more than compensated by the revenue from tourists so we won't be asking you for a donation.
Perry Owens

Perry,
Whew! Thanks! I was worried a bit as last time it cost the Yanks a fortune and 500,000 lives to keep all of Europe from speaking Adolf's native tongue. :D

On a serious note, my real disgust comes with the french as the Brits are a tough bunch. They had the you-know-whats to keep going and going against many odds. I currently have a very good friend, (who is now in his mid eighties & living in London at the time---**and is a native of the North**-----Ireland :D ) who told me many stories of suffering, especially when those big rockets came flying in.

Those stinkin' snail eatin' slimeballs hold the bodies of tens of thousands of OUR soldiers in their soil. I have yet to hear of a thank you OR any type of a promise to repay the billions of $$. Then they keep us from a "fly over" a few years back because they were "afraid" of retaliation from the ragheads. They now get what they deserve with the ragheads overrunning their country. Let 'em sit out on their cozy cafes talking about how all of us "should help the unfortunate" when all the "unfortunate" wants to do is kill us all. :wink: -----------Sixgun

There has been one good thing to come out of France........................
The British Expeditionary Force in May 1940.. 8)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

2nd additional thoughts....

I would much rather have Queen Elizabeth's picture on our money than our current puppet.

Ok... thanks Sixgun for the reminder, let's use France's marker to pay down our note to China. That should knock a few days off the repayment plan!

I know that I have more'n ONE cousin in NZ that's a Royal's fan (and not those KC types); and probably more'n a few closet fans also! Me? I hold them no ill will. Being eligilble for one of their passports... let's just say I ain't burning any bridges.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Most to the British line of the throne is descended from Alfred the Great - a long historical significance - this is a continuation and part of a great effect on history. The whole thing is significant on the long scale.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

kaschi wrote:It was really cool to watch. Total class all the way and I applaud them for that. Sure beat watching a bunch of dunces with baggy pants and ball caps on sideways jump up and down "trying" (but not succeeding) in putting a complete sentence together in English..... LOL
+1 It was pretty amazing actually.
trapper45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by trapper45 »

The Battle of Britain Flight fly-past by the Lancaster flanked by a Spitfire and a Hurricane was quite a sight.