Little Help Please

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Little Help Please

Post by HEAD0001 »

I need a litle help please. I am in the market for a used handicap van. I need one with either a lift or a fold down ramp. I also need the type where you use your actual power chair as the front seat. I do not need any additional controls to be able to drive it. I am able to drive a tandard vehicle. I have the cash to purchase one. I am lookimg to spend between $8,000--$15,000. I also have a person who can travel to pick up the van for me. So basically anywhere east of the Mississippi would be close enough for me to pick up if I could make a deal.

I would appreciate it if you guys would keep me in mind. And let me know if you see something that you think might work. I really apreciate your help.

I finally got my power chair(will be here in a couple more weeks). So I am loking forward to being able to get out of the house and have a little independence again.

Even if you don't know where one is at, but have good advice for me-please feel free to chime in on advice. Or what I should or should not be looking for. Thank you, Tom.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Little Help Please

Post by Ray Newman »

I live in the North Wet, AKA Pacific North West, and the shop that installs hand controls on my vehicles also modifies vehicles and has new and previously owned vans for sale.

Suggestions:

-- Yellow Pages or Internet search for hand controls, handicapped accessible vans, etc., and see what comes up.

-- Contact some rehabilitation agencies or wheelchair repair shops for further assistance or referrals.

-- Contact the Prosthetics Service Dep’t at the local VA Hospital for a list of vendors who they contract with for prosthetic services. Some of these dealers may have vans for sale.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The VA would be my first resource.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Any luck or leads in finding what you want?
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

Still Looking. I am taking my time with this decision. The reason being that I do not really know what I am dealing with when it comes to ramps and lifts. Rusty sent me a good lead. But I am stil waiting for my chair heighth. It was suppse to be here 4 weeks ago. But that is another story. Tom.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Hope you're able to find what your looking for. Being dependant on someone else for transportation would be a challenge.
Old Law Dawg