Maybe a better scabbard for leverguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Maybe a better scabbard for leverguns

Post by AJMD429 »

Sometimes it's nice to have a rifle handy when out using the tractor, and yet I didn't want to spend $100 or more for a fancy leather saddle-scabberd. Besides, most of the scabbards I've seen don't work with scopes at all, and don't do too well with even the Marbles Bullseye rear sights. I have one similar to this one:

I saw an advertisement for this one, and since it's "Tactical" it must be cool. :lol:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDeta ... ?sku=76634

We'll see how it works. It isn't "John Deere Green" but it is at least sort-of a green color. :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Maybe a better scabbard for leverguns

Post by BenT »

I use a scabbard like that on the ATV and it works great. It was only around $25 from cheaper than dirt or sportsmans guide.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Was thinking about getting one like the top one, cool 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

I have several scabbards I got from Sportsmans guide. Same make as the Cheaper Than dirt model but about ten dollars less. Three choices on color. I like mine. They advertise them as shotgun scabbards, but really are great for flat lever guns. Check their web sites. Tan, Green and Black are the colors. FWIW
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jeff H »

Any pics of your scabbard "in action" anyone?

I have been thinking about one but have not started looking.

With all the super cheap "tacticool" stuff out there, I should be able to find something.

A lot of that stuff is fine for everyday use, some is actually quite well made.

EDIT:
Dang, man!
You just gave me a great idea!
I have been trying to figure out how to mount the '92 in the "laundry/mud room" (one "room," two names, half the size of either and has all the stuff for BOTH in it, plus three doors and a basement entry!). That's the way I "go out the back" and where I need to be able to grab my rifle. I thought about hanging it above the coats, but it would be in plain sight and I am not all that tall. Thought about making a vertical rack in a corner, but there's only ONE (figure THAT out :lol: ) and the dryer occupies it.

NOW, I'm thinking, one of those cool non-hygroscopic padded nylon scabbards hung on the wall horizontally (or at a slight angle), UNDER the coats! It would be out of sight, out of the way and HANDY!

Thanks for the idea. :D

EDIT:
I had an even better idea (for my application) after posting.
In fact, I even had what I needed tucked away from a truck I sold about 15 years ago and it was still where I left it!! Problem is - a furry target (cat) peed on it!
I was all ready to put the thing up this afternoon until I smelled it.
http://www.amazon.com/Global-Accessorie ... B000CQI1EE
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I like the stuff from "Cheaper Than Dirt". Been to their store in Fort Worth several times. Like being a kid in a candy store! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got out the three likeliest guns I'd hang on the tractor or whatever when out doing chores:

Guide Gun - plenty of room.
Guide Gun.jpg
Mini-14 - even fits with the bipod on.
Mini&Bipod - in.jpg
Mini&Bipod - out.jpg
Night Scout (Marlin 1894 with scout scope mount, Burris Fastfire/Lasermax laser on rail, and magazine-mounted high-intensity light) - fits just fine.

NOTE - I wasn't a fan of "Tactical Digital Camo" until. . .
. . . I realized that Grandma had made me a "Tactical Digital Quilt" :lol: :lol:
Night Scout In.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

C'mon Jeff H, we'll all waiting to see what the cat peed on!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15