My Faith Often Lags

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

My Faith Often Lags

Post by Blaine »

I know you're not supposed to put a question mark where God puts a period, but sometimes I sure don't like Him too much.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Faith Often Lags

Post by pwl44m »

And HE fully understands.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

to know, know, know Him
is to Love, Love, Love Him
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

My Dad was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's so believe me when I say that I understand what you're feeling. Still, one of the teachers who works at the school where my wife teaches, a fellow I've known very well for years now, lost his son to an auto accident yesterday so also believe me when I say it can always get worse. MUCH worse.

In the midst of this imperfect existence made even more imperfect by the choices that we make collectively and individually, it is sometimes hard to appreciate the opportunity that a life in this beautiful world that He has made for us truly is. How does one triumph and glorify God in the midst of pain and anguish? I dunno. Volumes have been written by better men than me and I do not have the words but I know that HE does and the deeper the pain, the more soothing the comfort that only He can fully provide.

Truth.

Have a better day soon Blaine,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

BlaineG wrote:I know you're not supposed to put a question mark where God puts a period, but sometimes I sure don't like Him too much.
I think we all have days like that. I have thrown some angry words at the big man lately because of the trouble with my daughter. Somehow we manage to keep believing.
75SharpsShooter
Levergunner

Post by 75SharpsShooter »

When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.

SS
Whatdaya mean...There's other calibers besides 45-70???

NRA Life Member Since 1981

Congress -"Like a bunch of drunks going bar-hopping on the way to an AA meeting" - Fred Thompson on Govt Spending

Usta be "SharpsShooter" until the tech-wieners tried to "fix" a simple problem
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

pwl44m wrote:And HE fully understands.
Thank God.
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

God's ways are not our ways. One time when I was mad at God I told my preacher. He said God was a big boy and he could handle it. This life doesn't make a lot of sense. All you can do is trust God. That is all there is sometimes. I have been so beat down I could feel God holding me up by the back of my shirt. The other day was a bad one. At one point I fell asleep briefly and I saw myself lying there like I was looking down at myself. I saw I wasn't lying in a bed but was lying in a big hand.God's hand. So while things aren't like we wish they were a lot try to remember whose hands you are in.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.
James 1:13
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Blaine, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I don't think God wants us to pretend that everything is always peaches and cream. I think of David, who wore his heart on his sleeve. God thought a lot of David, even when he was ranting and raving and whining.

He knows we're angry.
He knows why we're angry.
And He knows why He shouldn't do anything about it for now.

I just keep praying, and I will pray for you.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

BlaineG wrote:I know you're not supposed to put a question mark where God puts a period, but sometimes I sure don't like Him too much.
I hear you brother. I deal with the worst of the worst and some days I wonder how God could let these tragedies happen to good people. Most of the time children, innocents. But, somewhere there's a reason and to me that's what the faith part is about. Most of the time I don't have the answers, just the faith and the desire to make the evil pay.
Old Law Dawg
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Blaine

I know you are aware of some of the challenges I have faced in my life these past ten years or so. I have also lost many friends to various diseases and accidents. Sometimes I get a bit down even angry but...

GOD is absolutely omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He has created a universe in which everything functions and interacts predictably if only we can understand AND given us both intellect to understand and free will to act on that understanding with certainty that he can turn whatever we do to his purpose. I didn not always understand why my dad did what he did but he was always working for me never against me. I believe that as we were children in this world we are nw as children for the next world. Our experiences here teach ourselves AND others lessons weshould learn to prepare us for the next life.

Just as burning yourself on the stove was an unpleasant lesson so might be some of the other unpleasantries of life.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Great replies from everyone, i also know how you feel Blaine, my mother died of throat cancer, i have three selfish sisters and my dad never even called when mom died.
Plus health problems and depression make my faith waiver too, but it`s a joy to suffer for Christ, it`s all about Him even though most the world doesn`t realize it yet.
All the bad we see is evidence of the fall from Adam and Eve, it`s a corrupt fallen world and we fight a spiritual and physical battle on this earth.
Jesus said don`t find it strange that you suffer, that He suffered before we suffered and that if we are part of this world we are not of Him.
As a believer we do not fit in this world and our lives are just a whisp in time in the flesh. Our hope is after this and in eternity in Heaven with Christ and God.
Every day is a struggle for me and the wife but when i look at the horrid things that are going on elsewhere in the world i realize how much God must love us when we sit at a nice table and eat a meal.
Hang in there bro, don`t put your faith in man because he will fail ya every time, keep your heart on Gods word and realize that it`s all for a reason. God is forming us for what He has in store for us in Heaven.
We will be praying for you brother.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Blaine,
Just think how you would feel if you were being nailed to a cross to die a terrible death and God did nothing to save you from the horrific pain.
I picture that in my mind when things aren't going well and my day gets a lot brighter!

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Actually, I'm not really doing that bad. He's been pretty good to me. I look around and see all the stuff happening to good people, and the world going to stuff and then I wonder WTF. It's just real depressing. As I said to someone in a PM yesterday. The time for saying and doing what needs to be said and done is fast upon me. I hope I don't screw it up.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

The reality of God and Christ is strengthened when i think about what happened on the cross. Many people witnessed what happened after Christ died, there was a huge earthquake and the tomes were opened and the dead came out and walked around. The veil was torn from top to bottom which broke the law of not being able for us to pray directly to God which we can now do.
There are many things that prove it`s all real we just have to keep our faith , endure the trials and help each other.
God Bless.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
ole pizen slinger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ole pizen slinger »

There have been times in my life when I have told God, "I wish you would go on and just leave me alone." Thank God, He never has!
OPS
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

"faith comes by hearing .... the word of God"

Here's some real help: read the Bible, it's God talking to us.

For those in my local area, weekday mornings at 0800 on AM 820 is one of the very best Bible teachers, Alistair Begg. 15 minutes that can make your whole day sweeter.

http://www.kgnw.com/ministryaudio/truth ... e-weekend/

The Blue Letter Bible is quick easy access to the Bible in many translations and the original languages. If you're not familiar with Bible reading I recommend reading the Gospel of John, a letter written specifically to us.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... &t=KJV#top

Sometimes I feel like Blaine. These days I seem to have an abundance of vibrant faith. Life goes in cycles. But I am God's child regardless how I feel about it. And very glad of it. Like the hymn says: Blessed Assurance

Grizz
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I have to thank all you guys for being so open in a public forum, as you have made me think about God again and the spiritual walk i was on, plus the example i want to be for my family and peers.
I have to admit, my faith has lagged for 15 years
----- Doug
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Grizz wrote:"faith comes by hearing .... the word of God"

Here's some real help: read the Bible, it's God talking to us.

For those in my local area, weekday mornings at 0800 on AM 820 is one of the very best Bible teachers, Alistair Begg. 15 minutes that can make your whole day sweeter.

http://www.kgnw.com/ministryaudio/truth ... e-weekend/

The Blue Letter Bible is quick easy access to the Bible in many translations and the original languages. If you're not familiar with Bible reading I recommend reading the Gospel of John, a letter written specifically to us.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cf ... &t=KJV#top

Sometimes I feel like Blaine. These days I seem to have an abundance of vibrant faith. Life goes in cycles. But I am God's child regardless how I feel about it. And very glad of it. Like the hymn says: Blessed Assurance

Grizz
Grizz have you seen this site?
http://www.jrsbible.info/bible.htm

Blaine when my mother got throat cancer we all new it was bad, real bad, i couldn`t be with her without breaking down. I came home and sat down and prayed to God asking Him if He would remove the sorrow so i could be there for my mother.
Instantly after that prayer my strength grew and the urge to smoke was gone. I smoked since i was 12 and had tried quiting more than once with no luck. That was in 2001 and i never had the urge to smoke again to this day and i was there with mom every day till she went to Heaven.
I couldn`t understand why God took smoking from me at the time but afterwords it came to me that it was a miracle to show me that God was there and real.
God knows more than we do when we need His help and He won`t let us down when it counts.
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I bookmarked that link Pitchy

thanks

Grizz
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

We wouldn't grow without tragedies and burdens in our lives it is part of learning-some times I question just what we are to learn but it is said that God doesn't give us anything that we cannot handle.He knows us better then we do-I know this because I never dreamed I'd live through the things I have.The circle of life goes on.