Black Powder In Your Levergun?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Black Powder In Your Levergun?

Post by Old Savage »

Peeps are the same darn thing and cheating and cats are filthy creatures.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Winnetou
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Winnetou »

That group is really quite extraordinary, John—a superb accomplishment!

I don’t see the mould design on the Accurate web-site. Is it still available? Is it in iron, brass, or aluminium?
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Winnetou,
Thank you for the acknowledgement. Others could have done the same or better with the rifle / ammunition combination.

Here's the Acccurate Mold that is a copy of the 427098. Mine is in brass. When a mold is ordered, the buyer specifies the diameter.

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Winnetou
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Winnetou »

Thanks! I don’t know how I missed that one; perhaps I was expecting to see a 200-grain number. The slightly higher weight is actually desirable, and makes something of a compromise between the 200-grain nominal .44WCF and 216-grain .44 Henry or 217-grain Colt’s New Lightning Magazine Rifle cartridges.