Help with Rossi model 65 info UPDATE & QUESTIONS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Help with Rossi model 65 info UPDATE & QUESTIONS

Post by pharmseller »

I have a line on a "like new" model 65 SRC in .44 mag. The ad reads thusly:
"It's in like new condition. It is an Interarms Model 65 SRC manufactured by Amadeo Rossi S.A. Brazil
This is a fun gun & has functioned flawlessly the few times that I put a couple boxes of shells through it.
FTF Oregon sale."

Pics look good, although I did not see the saddle ring. Oh, and it's a 16" barrel.

I have a Rossi model 92 in .357 that I really, really like.

So the question: What's the difference between the 65 and 92 (other than 27 for you smart alecs).

P
Last edited by pharmseller on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Help with Rossi model 65 info

Post by J Miller »

The Rossi Mdl 65 is a copy of the Winchester 92. The #65 is Rossi's model number, nothing else.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

P,

For some reason, many of the older Rossis that are marked as a "SRC" do NOT have a saddle ring, and there is no evidence that those rifles ever had a saddle ring (no holes in their receivers). Also, as Joe said, the "Model 65" is just what Rossi called its version of the Winchester '92.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I have two of the older Interarms Rossi guns and both have the saddle ring.

Here is a picture of the 16" barreled .45 Colt.

I dont see the "Model 65" wrote anywhere on mine. They say 92
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...and, here is a "Model 65 SRC":

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =239056184

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

ImageImage
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...and, a "Model 92 SRC", with NO saddle ring:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =239976299

Shawn
ImageImage
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Thanks for the replies, guys.
It appears that I neglected to ad the caliber, it's a .44 mag.
16" barrel, like new, I'm paying $325 OTD.

I pick her up tomorrow.

Yeeha!

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

gak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Help with Rossi model 65 info UPDATE

Post by gak »

Ya done good! I am surprised no ring especially on an Interarms trapper. But, In the later Interarms years Rossi started eliminating the ring--close to when they started the black mystery stain which also accompanied virtually all late Interarms production. Before then there were "no ring" guns but more had them than not, so maybe it's one of those middle year guns. All of my Interarms are earlier years--all with ring, and a mix of "65" and "92"--no rhyme or reason. I also don't recall seeing a "65" .357, just the big bores--so for awhile I wondered if that was what differentiated in some batches/years--but that also could just be that I haven't run across any .357s labeled that way.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Re: Help with Rossi model 65 info UPDATE & QUESTIONS

Post by pharmseller »

I got her home and the ad was no exaggeration!
The bluing is amazing and the wood is very good, bordering on excellent.
She has the model info on the side of the receiver, a la one of the previous pics.
Serial number starts with an "M", so what's the DOM?
Also, she's D&T for a receiver sight but the filler screws are still present. Was this a factory option? Which receiver sight will fit?

I'll get some pics up when I can.

P

earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Help with Rossi model 65 info UPDATE & QUESTIONS

Post by earlmck »

After reading the posts about model numbers and SRC's without rings I had to go look at mine to see what I have. The 357 and the 454 are labelled as Puma model 92's, no mention of SRC; and the 44/40 is Interarms Rossi model 65 SRC (with no ring). And I'm happy to have all of them, no matter how they are labelled.

Glad you kept that baby in Oregon, pharmseller. 44 mag should be a real fine one to play with. I've got a couple of LBT molds that make the bullets I use in the pistol: been thinking they'd be really good in a rifle, especially the 300 gr. gas check one.

Let us know how the new rifle works for you.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry