OT - Movie... Pathfinder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

OT - Movie... Pathfinder

Post by Griff »

If this has been discussed previously and I missed said discussion, ignore this and move on, but... if not... let me tell you what I found on the "idiot box" last nite and a couple of nites before. Max (whatever that set of movie channels is called) aired a movie called "Pathfinder."

I watched it the first nite to fill in ½ hour of time between one show and another. I sat for the whole thing. It was on again last nite and I made a point of watching it again, from opening credits to the final closing credit.

It regards the legend of Viking visits to the shores of North America 600 years before Columbus. This period of history is of particular interest to me (for no apparent reason). The tale is of great personal conflict and subsequent resolution.

I heartily recommend it.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I agree whole heartedly Griff excellent movie. I bought it on DVD as soon as it came out.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Killer Kanuck
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Killer Kanuck »

My only complaint was the lighting - the whole movie was darker than it needed to be. Seems like more and more movies are doing this, and well sir, I don't like it.

Is it possible to become a grumpy old man at 29? :?
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Killer Kanuck wrote:Is it possible to become a grumpy old man at 29? :?
Yes, I was there at 25... :?

I've seen it scheduled but haven't watched it yet.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

That was an excellent movie. I loved the way he got the bad guys off the side of the cliff.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

That is a GREAT movie! I watched it with my dad and we were both impressed.
Break on through to the other side!!!
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

My son and I went to see it at the theater when it first came out. We loved it.
Did you catch that the star of Pathfinder, Karl Urban, is the same guy who played Capt. Call in that latest Lonesome Dove movie, Commanche Moon?

Dave
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, & thought that he was MUCH better in this than Commanche Moon. But, his character here was more open & likeable than Cap'n Call.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I enjoyed the movie. It was good the way he defeated the Vikings, by playing on their trust. Lack of trust for him, and each other.

Kind of like telling someone," Don't look" because you know they will look.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

I found it entertaining to watch. The Vikings were a little unrealistic looking to me though. I read a review of the movie when it first came out and before I watched it that described them best. He called them a cross between Oakland Raiders fans and the Knights who say "Ni". It was still fun to watch though.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I had passed on this a couple days ago at Netflix. But after reading this I went ahead and set Tivo up to record it.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
slickrock
Levergunner

Post by slickrock »

I saw this the other night too, no wonder it was never released in theaters..

especially loved how we are on the coast of maine/ newfie-land and literally in 2 miles are in the canadian rockies RFLMAO.

ever been on the northeast coast of canada and or maine?

cadillac mountain is the highest mountain..all 1,532 feet of it...and in a fast walk we can be at 13,000 feet 2400 miles away...darn the world was alot smaller then. ...we keep watching it and saying wait...wait...wait...still on the downeast coast...wait...NOW , poof we are in Calgary. LOL.

wish our rifles were made of the stuff their swords were...years of exposure to salt air and not a bit of rust on anything....
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Was out with the family today and stopped in at a Blockbusters store while the kids were at a "Chuckie Cheeses" next door for a birthday party. They had their "3 for $20" deal going, and I picked up the unrated version of "Pathfinder" - basically because of the recommendations, and because I like almost any movie with swords in it. From my office, go figure! :roll:

Anyway, to those that have seen it, is there any foul language or nudity in it? My son (9) would like to watch it. I don't mind action/violence - if it is not over the top - but still try to shelter him from cursing and sexual themes. Would this be okay for him to see?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

As I recall, if there WAS any cursing it was Nordic, and didn't make it into the subtitles. No nudity that I remember, but there was plenty of violence, given the Viking predilection to plunder pillaging and that other thing!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Griff wrote:As I recall, if there WAS any cursing it was Nordic, and didn't make it into the subtitles. No nudity that I remember, but there was plenty of violence, given the Viking predilection to plunder pillaging and that other thing!
Ah yes, my kind of people. Note the sword on the far left! :wink:

Thanks Griff! I think I;ll let him watch it, and stop it if it gets too intense.
slickrock
Levergunner

Post by slickrock »

we just watched part of it to show some friends from maine the terrain.

there wasn't anything language or sexual that would shock a 9 year old but the blood and gore is pretty bad but with a DARK shot movie even i wasnt too sure what i was seeing at times.

overall might be a little nightmare-y for him, bear attack and all, scary helmets.

i would not let our grandgirls 8 and 6 watch it...ofcourse kids today are different than we were...i told the little one to get to bed as we were watching a not for kids movie and it was late, she stamped her foot and kicked a toy, I said, you want grampy to have to come over there?

she rolled her little sleeves up and said, "Bring It!"

she went to bed but I am still laughing.
Member of the old site since June 2003
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

slickrock wrote: she stamped her foot and kicked a toy, I said, you want grampy to have to come over there?

she rolled her little sleeves up and said, "Bring It!"

she went to bed but I am still laughing.
That right there is some funny stuff. :lol:
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

All I can say is Moon Bloodgood makes one good lookin' squaw, some halfbreeds get the good looks, others like myself get the brains instead. :lol: :roll: :wink:
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

slickrock wrote:I saw this the other night too, no wonder it was never released in theaters..
Don't know about where you live, but my son and I went and saw this movie at the theater.

Dave
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

GANJIRO wrote:All I can say is Moon Bloodgood makes one good lookin' squaw, some halfbreeds get the good looks, others like myself get the brains instead. :lol: :roll: :wink:
I loved her in Day Break.

I remember seeing a preview for this movie in the theater, and then I never heard anything more about it until I saw that it was on DVD. I figured it must've been pretty bad. Looks like I'll have to check it out.
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Bubba w/a 45/70
Levergunner

Post by Bubba w/a 45/70 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Griff wrote:As I recall, if there WAS any cursing it was Nordic, and didn't make it into the subtitles. No nudity that I remember, but there was plenty of violence, given the Viking predilection to plunder pillaging and that other thing!
Ah yes, my kind of people. Note the sword on the far left! :wink:

Thanks Griff! I think I;ll let him watch it, and stop it if it gets too intense.
Ysabel, there was one "love making" scene in it. Nothing you can't see when passing the underwear section in your local shopping mall, but just thought I'd let you know....
Liberalism isn't just a disease anymore, it is a mental disorder.

Please read:
Ben Sira 2: 4-9