Winchester 9410

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oregon73
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 9410

Post by oregon73 »

The only guns my dad gets really interested in are Winchester lever guns, Browning Auto-5's, and .410 shotguns. I thought a good gun for him would blend the levergun and the .410--the 9410. I've been trying for a couple years to find a 9410 locally, to give him for his birthday--and have never seen one in a shop. I'm not super interested in buying a gun at auction, but just did a quick search on the auction sites and was surprised to see 9410's pretty much start at 800-900 and go up from there (realizing, of course, that a lot of stuff on the auction sites is overpriced). I realize the 9410 is a bit of an oddball (that's really why I want one) but is that what I can expect to pay, really? And how rare are they? Hen's teeth, or just a case of "they're out there but no one is parting with them"?

Your thoughts much appreciated. I know I don't have a lot of posts on this forum but I lurk quite often. :wink:

Thanks!

Rob
NRA
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 9410

Post by Tycer »

PM Old Ironsights. He had one and did quite a bit of work with it.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I saw one at a local gunshop years ago and didn't have the money I wanted to spend on it. Haven't even seen one since.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Check with Cabela's...they have been advertising them, off and on, for much less than that....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

With the closing of the Connecticut plant a few years ago ending all 94 production, 9410s really shot up in price into the stratosphere. While they've moderated, they (generally) really haven't ever returned to near "normal" levels like its centerfire brethren have. This is particularly true of the tang safety models. If you find a deal, especially from a store, it very likely will be a crossbolt safety job. If you find a tang safety one at a decent price, grab it!

EDIT: actually, about my "moderated" comment: Six months ago I helped a friend sell his LNIB tang model, listing it for what the market would bear, and it bear'd very high. Times may be even tougher now for sellers in general, but they're rare enough that, given time, they'll still ask/bring a pretty penny.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Like I said in My post the other day, I had never heard of one. This one is NIB.The Guy said "This ones gonna cost Ya" He didn't give a price. I will check on it and feel Him out.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one and use it mainly for bunny busting and I love it.It is one of my favourite fun guns.Mine is one of the Traditional models with the tang safety and adjustable chokes, I originnally paid 800 for it a couple of years ago and have been offered as much as 1600 for it at one time.The reason people want so much for them is plainly Winchester isn t making them anymore and probably never will again.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

If you are buying, you will want the 'best' version. In my mind that is the tang safety "Packer" version with the short barrel. Most importantly, get a version with choke tubes. The cylinder bore/ improved cylinder guns are only good on game to 20 yards. The modified choke shoots best in the ones I have seen and shot. The packer is under 6 pounds, swings quick and light to carry all day. The 20 inch barrel guns are a pound heavier and klunkier. Oh, the marlins--- which I bought after shooting my friends packer winchester ---- are really heavy, all cylinder bore thus useless for small game and are very heavy! They are true pink elephants. I go back and forth between sending mine to briley for choke tube installation or sending it to Turnbull to become a 50 alaskan XLR.

Plan on spending $1000.00 or more.
oregon73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oregon73 »

Thank you, guys. I was shocked, and still am, at the price they are commanding, but given their rarity, and the fact that they ain't making em anymore and probably never will again, I guess I can understand.

I just put a 9422 on layaway today. Maybe I'll give that to my dad instead. Gave him a 9422M a few years back--he needs a 22LR version to make a pair. If I wait and wait for a 9410, I think I'll be waiting a long time. But if one comes up, I guess I'll pull the trigger on it, for the right price.

Thank you again, everyone!

Rob
NRA