bought some ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

bought some ammo

Post by brucew44guns »

Today I treated myself to some ammo, figured it was not going to hurt to beef up inventory a bit. No sales tax, no delivery charge---Got some American Eagle .357 158 grainers for 19.80 a box of 50, got some more in same brand 44 mags, 240 grainers at 33.50 a box of 50. Don't figure I got ripped too bad, just feels good to have some extra and above normal. You guys think this was an ok price to pay? seemed ok to me but who knows?
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Re: bought some ammo

Post by Jeff H »

Subtract the going rate for a hundred rounds of brass for each caliber you bought and you might be fairly tickled with your find.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

brucew44guns wrote: No sales tax, no delivery charge
How'd you swing that? :mrgreen:
rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

checkout ammoman.com. they now have .357magnum in pmc i want to buy 1000 rds of it but need somebody to split the bill with me.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Jay, got a rich son-in-law that places 5,000 dollar orders sometimes for a pallet of powder, primers, bullets etc, shot gun shot and so on. Some distributor he knows really likes him, and seems to just cut him all sorts of slack due to quantity buying, and this has gone on for awhile now. About 2 years ago we got a ton of Federal 30-30's in the blue boxes for 6.75 a box in 170 grainers, it was about a third of Wal-Marts price then. I don't have any brass to load up now, so this will add to that situation on pistol ammo.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life